Bundling Auction Items

DeletedUser

Proposal
It would be awesome if we could bundle different items together in a single bundle for auction at the market. For example, I could bundle and sell the entire Charlatan's Set, hat, shoes, tie, everything - all in one bundle. Or, I could bundle ingredients so a Smithy can make 10 Bayonets for me. Or, I could collect all of the products required to upgrade Soldier's Tower in a fort owned by my alliance, but not my town and post them in one bundle for a fort owner pick up.

Current Workaround
Currently, players have to post MANY groups of items to the Market. This involves a lot of clicks and a lot of interaction with the server. Additionally, the intended buyer has to execute just as many clicks to purchase and pick up the item, a lot of additional interaction with the server.

Details
Provide a button that allows players to add additional items to the auction bid they are currently building. Naturally, this will create a new category Bundled Items. It might be easier if users must select from a list of titles, one that best describes the bundle they are posting.

Abuse Prevention
I cannot imagine how this could be abused.

Visual Aids
None.

Summary
I can imagine some pretty cool sets of items being posted in this bundled form. This will encourage players to collect individual items in order to sell them as a set. It will allow players to bundle a complete list of ingredients for crafting projects. Imagine approaching crafting level 250 and being able to buy all of the level 250 recipes in a single bundle.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No ... at least none that I could find.

DeletedUser34315

I like this. Especially for the sets, bundling would really speed up selling items. +1! Crafting starter kits would be great- i could package up 20 bayonets worth of stuff for alliance mates.

DeletedUser34977

+1 from me, it will help save time and clicks, thus freeing up time for other game stuff

DeletedUser22685

I don't think this would get a lot of use, very rarely is someone trying to buy every piece of a set as they'll usually already have a couple. The only time I can think of when it would be used is for trading more than one product for crafting like you mentioned, but it won't hurt anyone even if it isn't used often, so I'm not against the idea.

DeletedUser30224

Wanted to say something similar to what Futu has just said, so I'll be just stealing his post as well. I agree with Futu here but you'll still have a Yes.

DeletedUser

might not be used a lot, but still it should be easy to implement and is a quite nice feature to have +1 from me

DeletedUser

Nice idea and have my yes, but I have a simple question: Where the package will appear in market? for example you bundle a rose and a fancy boots and a fancy felt hat together for your friend to have them. How should he search for that? Will the item appear in all 3 category or products/rose, shoes/fancy boots and headgears/fancy felt hat?

The market need many more searching tools: The ability to search with username is just one of tools that might help in this regard.

DeletedUser

Proposal
Details
Provide a button that allows players to add additional items to the auction bid they are currently building. Naturally, this will create a new category Bundled Items. It might be easier if users must select from a list of titles, one that best describes the bundle they are posting.

Precisely as stated ...

Ripwise

Nice idea and have my yes, but I have a simple question: Where the package will appear in market? for example you bundle a rose and a fancy boots and a fancy felt hat together for your friend to have them. How should he search for that? Will the item appear in all 3 category or products/rose, shoes/fancy boots and headgears/fancy felt hat?

The market need many more searching tools: The ability to search with username is just one of tools that might help in this regard.

You can mail the name of the package to your friend and he finds it by that name.

One more idea poped out when i thought of this search criteria and it could prevent market theft because the package would appear only if searched by that name, thoughts?

DeletedUser30224

You can mail the name of the package to your friend and he finds it by that name.

One more idea poped out when i thought of this search criteria and it could prevent market theft because the package would appear only if searched by that name, thoughts?

I think it's a bad idea. It should be available to everyone, it's an open market in this regard. You can still put a name tag on the bundle, but you should be able to see all the bundles posted on general market. Reason for that is of course none other than market pushing.

DeletedUser

I agree with zd3. I'm pretty much neutral on the idea, which has been suggested before. I think crafting is the best justification for it, and I think that was the main reason it was originally suggested when crafting was new.

DeletedUser30224

This idea is eligible to be moved for a vote.

Parafrog, please let me know if you'd like to refine your idea further or would like me to poll it as it is. Any changes that you'd might try to make must be reflected in the initial post.

DeletedUser

I don't want to make it a secret thing - the bundles. I'd like for it to function largely as the market does now, but with the option to bundle things together. I realize the calculation side for the minimum price may be challenging, but I think it could make some things more simple for the players. I want to thank everyone for their thoughtful input. If it passes the vote, I'm sure the development team will think of things I would have never considered. I am happy with the way the original post is written.

DeletedUser19518

Great idea. Even i dont think will work for clothes as the prices of set could go over a million for sure. But yes from me also.

DeletedUser30224

This proposal passed the voting process and was submitted to developers. No further discussions are necessary.

Thank you