Bullying, an anthological debate

DeletedUser

Bullying is psychological warfare, but rather then posing a thesis on bullying, I thought it more interesting if we had a debate on an anthology, with everyone presenting paintings, books, quotes, poems, game scenes, movie parts, and/or collections of such art, and then debate the presentation's depiction(s) of bullying. I.e., an anthology coupled with debate on the art of imposing doubt / delay (the instinctual talent of giving just enough time for your victims to doubt themselves, and then closing the deal).

1921-06-04-The-Country-Gentleman-Norman-Rockwell-cover-Bully-Before-no-logo-400-Digimarc.jpg

This Norman Rockwell painting depicts many of the typical inferences to domination that is the prevalent theme in bullying, whereby the bully seems to tower over his victim, imposing his will down against the Doughting Thomas, with a hint to escalation, an intimidation, as his shoe hovers just over the exposed toes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1921-06-11-The-Country-Gentleman-Norman-Rockwell-cover-Bully-After-no-logo-400-Digimarc.jpg

This Norman Rockwell painting is called, "Bully After," and depicts Norman Rockwell's world, where "right overpowers might." It follows the pic presented earlier, and is a pristine notion of the world, in which bullies are thwarted and picket fences exist to share friendly gossip.

It also demonstrates the erroneous presumption that violence resolves a bullying incident, with the younger/smaller victim now standing over the vanquished, fist curled in defiance.

DeletedUser

I think my head was in my left nipple at the time, as I completely failed to edit.

Anyhow, in the OP, I meant for everyone to present paintings, books, quotes, poems, game scenes, movie parts, and/or collections of such art, and then debate the presentation's depiction(s) of bullying. I.e., an anthology coupled with debate.

Harsha..

hmm....now, that's quite interesting. Bulling, in general is indeed physiological warfare with the bigger opponent flaunting their power in the faces of their weaker counterpaunts without having to resort to fighting - mostly when it comes down to that, the bullies are often the people who bite the dirt

Here's a largely symbolic image which neatly represents bulling in general.

289_WorkplaceBullies.jpg

Here, the big bad bully can be represented as the finger, which tries to crush the victim, namely the ant into submission of his will. Naturally, the ant being much weaker struggles to hold back the crushing influence of the bully, but stronger ants easily avoid the crushing finger and bite back, effectively defeating the bully in the end

DeletedUser1121

There has been a nice example in the news lately.
The case of Casey Heynes was all over the internet a few weeks ago.

DeletedUser

There has been a nice example in the news lately.
The case of Casey Heynes was all over the internet a few weeks ago.

I love watching that video. and to think the big kid got suspended.
and Richard Gale (the bully) just seems like he is a big scum bag. even in his interview on Today Tonight
his entire interview seemed coached.

Last edited by a moderator: