Bullies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I just want to play the game and have fun and not deal with little babies like him.
I've just had a look at his profile (as I'm mainly playing Briscoe I would have camped on his backside for you).
Honestly, he probably won't even be playing in 3 days time. He's simply somebody who played for a bit, got bored & decided to try another feature of the game for something to do.

DeletedUser15513

I tried to make peace with the guy and he said no because I am a bad dueler. Not the words he used but what ever.

DeletedUser25233

agreed

You have some good ideas. I'm a worker and luckily only been dueled twice. It seems, though, that most big towns have notices on their message boards saying 'Dueling our workers will not be tolerated' - which to me means the duelers in that town will go out and stomp on the people who dueled their workers...

I agree though, that if the guy's sleeping in your hotel, you should not have to go to his town to duel him! - and you should be able to whip up a posse of townsfolk to kick him out of town.
Maybe a town-watch facility could be developed, giving town members opportunity to take turns standing watch at the town gates, as it were, vetting everyone coming to the town? If someone comes along that's on that town's 'naughty' list, they could duel him to prevent him from entering (not to mention telegramming other town folk to come and help with the duel - so it's be lots versus one).

DeletedUser

I have two related questions I want to put to the posters on this thread, or anyone who reads this: regarding camping/dueling players and acceptable dueling concepts.

If a player camps and duels another player, non-stop for months on end, and then the dueler actually tells their target that they are trying to run them off the game - is this part of the game or is such a player a bully?

What if a group of players formed a town or towns, with the specific intent to run other players off the game? This would be like history, where a group runs off folks from a town to take the land, etc.

However, this is a game (which I dare presume) is business for Inno and the goal is to improve the number of players - not the other way around.

So, what do other players/esp. the duelers think of individuals or groups of individual dueling with the intent to chase persons off the game? Would this concept be acceptable? Is such game behaviour just part of role-playing that everyone needs to accept?

Just thinking of the next level of dueling accomplishments - *who can chase the most players off the game?*. The duelers equivalent of who can dig the most multis in a day. That does wonders for fort fighting participation!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

That's bullying and intimidation any way you put it. I honestly don't know why someone would join the game specifically with this intent and it's quite sad for anyone who does so.

DeletedUser

I don't think someone joins a game for the sole purpose of making others quit. It happens so that some people hold a grudge forever and they repeatedly bash another player, thinking that is fun.
InnoGames doesn't have a rule limiting the amount of duels per day or against one player. This is a duel based game and there should not be such a rule.
If you are bullied, then it is you who should take action, not InnoGames. Also, being repeatedly dueled should not be a reason to leave the game. You can do several things to make it stop:
1) leave town for a while
2) put bounties on the bully constantly
3) hire mercenaries to kill the bully constantly
4) reskill to full defense duel and let him kill himself a few times, he will soon stop.

DeletedUser

I don't think someone joins a game for the sole purpose of making others quit. It happens so that some people hold a grudge forever and they repeatedly bash another player, thinking that is fun.
InnoGames doesn't have a rule limiting the amount of duels per day or against one player. This is a duel based game and there should not be such a rule.
If you are bullied, then it is you who should take action, not InnoGames. Also, being repeatedly dueled should not be a reason to leave the game. You can do several things to make it stop:
1) leave town for a while
2) put bounties on the bully constantly
3) hire mercenaries to kill the bully constantly
4) reskill to full defense duel and let him kill himself a few times, he will soon stop.

Thanks for the replies! But, I don't understand a few things.

How can mercenaries be hired and it not be considered "pushing"?
How is payment made?
Is there a tread where mercenaries list their service?

* Thinking of a town of duelers that rich workers can hire players to take care of their problems once and for all. Bullies for hire to force other bullies off the game! *

Sick or Solution??? :p

DeletedUser

It can't be pushing when the 2 dueling parts (in this case the mercenary and the bully) do not agree upon winning/losing the duel purposely. The payment can be made by service offering (a worker will help build something, other classes can drop money into the mercenary's town treasury, invite them to your town to shop for needed items). You can be creative.
There's no thread where mercenaries list their service, but you can pick some players from duel ranking who have a suitable dueling level to be able to duel the bully and write them a telegram.

DeletedUser

I have two related questions I want to put to the posters on this thread, or anyone who reads this: regarding camping/dueling players and acceptable dueling concepts.

If a player camps and duels another player, non-stop for months on end, and then the dueler actually tells their target that they are trying to run them off the game - is this part of the game or is such a player a bully?

What if a group of players formed a town or towns, with the specific intent to run other players off the game? This would be like history, where a group runs off folks from a town to take the land, etc.

However, this is a game (which I dare presume) is business for Inno and the goal is to improve the number of players - not the other way around.

So, what do other players/esp. the duelers think of individuals or groups of individual dueling with the intent to chase persons off the game? Would this concept be acceptable? Is such game behaviour just part of role-playing that everyone needs to accept?

Just thinking of the next level of dueling accomplishments - *who can chase the most players off the game?*. The duelers equivalent of who can dig the most multis in a day. That does wonders for fort fighting participation!!!

I do believe you have answered your own question in your last paragraph. It is not simply what "you" believe to be bullying or digging multi's, it's not the game according to Coyote woman. "Maybe" you shouldn't always be ramming things down the throats of others & you wouldn't have such a problem. Mailing people who duel you, writing them & then blocking them so they can not reply will surely get you dueled at every opportunity.
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Berkie has a point. Your in-game socializing and behavior can definitely attract attackers, specially repeatedly.

DeletedUser

Your in-game socializing and behavior can definitely attract attackers, specially repeatedly.
Actually this is far from the truth.
Your understanding of game rules and 48 hour protection can stop any mosquito. Forget the socializing, the west is not facebook nor online dating service.

The real problem is the stupidness of game design with XP related to motivation that cannot be your insecticide. Luckily, devs are aware of imbecillic things in the duel system so will finally change it somehow in the next update.
Till then, feel free to put on ignorelist anyone who uses the online game to cure RL frustrations on you. I'm aware that being useless is a source of a frustration, but this game is not the cure for such problems. But visiting a shrink.

In any case, ignore option worked flawlessly in my case. ;)

DeletedUser14006

Really?

Can someone quote this please :)

Seriously though, I agree to a point that when a person specifically stalks someone across worlds with the aim to push them out of the game then that is bad news for both the person getting dueled constantly and also for devs who wish to keep the numbers healthy.

On the flipside I agree with everything Berkie and Duduie said, I have always found the best action to take against persistent duelers is not to rise to it, zero communication will inevitably cause the person dueling you to lose interest, maybe not right away, maybe not in a couple of weeks but you can guarantee they will move on eventually.

DeletedUser

Actually this is far from the truth.
Your understanding of game rules and 48 hour protection can stop any mosquito. Forget the socializing, the west is not facebook nor online dating service.

The real problem is the stupidness of game design with XP related to motivation that cannot be your insecticide. Luckily, devs are aware of imbecillic things in the duel system so will finally change it somehow in the next update.
Till then, feel free to put on ignorelist anyone who uses the online game to cure RL frustrations on you. I'm aware that being useless is a source of a frustration, but this game is not the cure for such problems. But visiting a shrink.

Really? You never went to duel anybody because they sent a particular message to you or someone in your town?
And how would you deal with the xp/motivation "issue"? I see none, but I would love to see how you would design it.

Really?

Seriously though, I agree to a point that when a person specifically stalks someone across worlds with the aim to push them out of the game then that is bad news for both the person getting dueled constantly and also for devs who wish to keep the numbers healthy.

On the flipside I agree with everything Berkie and Duduie said, I have always found the best action to take against persistent duelers is not to rise to it, zero communication will inevitably cause the person dueling you to lose interest, maybe not right away, maybe not in a couple of weeks but you can guarantee they will move on eventually.

Unfortunately, nobody (not even the devs) can exclude certain "personalities" from the game. There's no psychological test required to play an online game and is impossible to exclude someone who stalks others across worlds. Both the stalker and the stalked need to understand that this is a game ...

DeletedUser

Really? You never went to duel anybody because they sent a particular message to you or someone in your town?
Absolutely not. Can't nick a town by dueling, right? So I only nick forts and help to nick them. From who... Well... There is a certain "superstars of the west" town that owns no forts on w13 now. Even multidigs didn't help them to conquer a fort lately. There is a rumor Gaga also realized how "resourcefull" they are and then abandoned them, hehe
Time for me to resign on the town leader position, as the job is done, right? ;)

And how would you deal with the xp/motivation "issue"? I see none, but I would love to see how you would design it.
Dunno how Duduie, never put too much of thought about it. See... I don't like to think much about the past, I'm no archeologist nor can be intimidated by ancient deities from w1. I pretty much ignore things that are (or are about to become) useless and rather concentrate on exploring new things the game gets. And you already know that. Cmon, one is probably blind if can't understand why I placed the probable GOTY as my avatar - before it was released.

On The West I spend more time with interesting newbies, than attrited greek gods. ;)
Instead of wasting time with the current duel system, I'll keep you posted on the new duel system as soon as details on it are out. I promise.

DeletedUser

I'm not talking only about Zona. I am sure that at some point you explored dueling as well. The "aggressive, threatening" telegrams are inevitable. I am sure most of us got some. I really love it when a guy duels my workers, gets hit back by duelers and then whines back and even threatens. They always get at least a few ko's for that, depends on how soon he stops with the nonsense.

About the xp/motivation thing: I could bet you had no better design for it. Is easy to point the finger, but hard to design something and please everybody. There will ALWAYS be people who will complain about this and that. I am not blaming you or anybody for that matter, even I can say there are some things that would need a change, but overall I like it. And as long as the devs accept ideas from players and make changes accordingly, I am all for complaining, as long as you can bring a better solution too. ;)

DeletedUser

I do believe you have answered your own question in your last paragraph. It is not simply what "you" believe to be bullying or digging multi's, it's not the game according to Coyote woman. "Maybe" you shouldn't always be ramming things down the throats of others & you wouldn't have such a problem. Mailing people who duel you, writing them & then blocking them so they can not reply will surely get you dueled at every opportunity.
:rolleyes:

Berkie, you are making false, undocumented, slanderous accusations of which you have no proof of. I asked questions of others, I did not impose any personal definitions or "game according to Coyotewoman." You are implying rather directly that I am "ramming things down the throats of others" and that is a lie that you have perpetuated! And a lie that you and some of your friends have attempted to ram down my throat, but to no avail because I don't swallow it, lol.

You accuse me of mailing people who duel me, and then blocking them. Did I do that too you? Have others proved to you that I did that to them,,, even the game modes do not accept copies as they can be modified. So, why are you perpetuating lies to ruin my reputation and possible cause others to duel me?

I thought this type of slander was not allowed on the forums? I request of the Mods that your statements be removed.

So, anyone want to discuss whether Berkies comments here are Bullying?

Berkie has a point. Your in-game socializing and behavior can definitely attract attackers, specially repeatedly.

Duduie, your reply is exactly what Berkie was trying to accomplish. Make others believe that repeated attacks are my fault because of my ingame socializina and behavior. Rather than saying "A players" ingame socializing,,,, you said "Your" directing it to me, as if you also are supporting Berkie.

Both of you need to reread what I said,,, I was following the thread of this converstation, and asking if extreme duelers, or what level of extreme would be considered a bully.

I was also investigation how a squad of duelers might be formed for the purpose of running "bullies/repeated duler" off the game. Evidently there are no rules against that.

I NEVER SAID I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DUELERS! WHY MAKE IT LOOK THAT WAY??? SIMPLY AN UNPROVOKED ATTACK FROM BERKIE! REAL COOL!!! LOL

I do have a problem with Berkies personal accusations and propagation of lies about me!

Really?

Derek and Duduie,

I have had zero communications with Berkie since all members of our town chose to leave Unhinged! That was 6 months or more ago. She duels me, I never talk to her, however she is not blocked.

So, Derek, my dear Man, can you show me that guarantee in writing? *wink*

DeletedUser

I was actually saying "your" in reply to Berkie and not addressed to anybody as you took it. I should have used "a player's" because that is what I meant. And then the discussion turned totally away from you. If you consider Berkie's "accusation" to be untrue, this is not the way to reply to it. You are actually proving his point right now.
Thread closed due to flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.