Builders Need More Work...

DeletedUser38270

Town building has become very boring when all a worker can do is keep building on the Church, There must be some other buildings that could also be expanded. Due to the lack of things to build Pure Builders are quickly becoming a dying breed :(

ScrewyLouieToday at 4:10 AM

DeletedUser37788

At the end of the day, building anything is boring. So unless something had enough rewards to make someone build it over building the church, everything would stay the same.

DeletedUser38270

Well perhaps people could think of new buildings in towns. I think a railroad staion in towns would be a nice addition and a faster way to travel. The old west towns have a cinema so why not a railroad station where faster rides could be bought :)

DeletedUser34295

Well perhaps people could think of new buildings in towns. I think a railroad staion in towns would be a nice addition and a faster way to travel. The old west towns have a cinema so why not a railroad station where faster rides could be bought :)

Either to buy faster rides, or even better: Railroad stations could give a speed increase bonus to all members based on the level it is :)

DeletedUser37875

If it was like in rl that buildings have to be repaired after some time, builders had work enough I think.

If no repairings take place the lvls. of buildings might get down. This way also ghost towns that are no inhabited will have lower town points after some time.

Also a chance to get new stuff in shops when they get a lvl. lower.

Another idea - the possibility to tear down a building (shop) intentionally when you got too bad items there.

DeletedUser23252

world wonders. this could be a contest between worlds as examples trans-continental railroad people of that world donate picks, shovels, iron and wood the first world to complete gets 250 bonds, 2nd place gets 100 and 3rd 50 bonds all worlds get 25 bonds for finishing.

another example would the the St. Louis gateway, the Taj Mahal or Mt Rushmore

Pankreas PorFavor

It just hurts me to see how many good ideas go to waste and will never get implemented.
I need to learn how to ignore this part of the forum - I know it can be done, Innogames is doing it for years....

DeletedUser38270

Another idea for a new building in towns could be a Livery Stable where in the old west towns Horses were tended to etc..

DeletedUser36927

Excellent ideas! Railroad station and Livery stable are great ideas. I was going to suggest something so that you could increase the number and quality of items you have in your shops, but Chief Tatanka beat me to it! I think that is a brilliant idea - buildings need continuous repairs AND you add more items to your shops when you work on them. Let's give our Workers something!!!!

asdf124

something so that you could increase the number and quality of items you have in your shops

I thought that was due to the myth of using praying to get quality items.

It was in one of a town's forum.

A no from me for this idea, a yes for the degradation of ghost towns.

Snr Sarg

That is a complete and utter myth.

If you look at the same town location across multiple worlds, you will see that the items in the store are pre-determined, the same town has the same items across all worlds, assuming it's been built up of course.

Ignore me, I am clueless

Last edited:

DeletedUser36927

asdf - I have tried the myth of praying for many tasks, such as before I open a chest, or when building, etc....but I have never seen any evidence that it is true. I was told that praying "can never hurt" but that INNO will not confirm or deny that it does anything to help you with the game.

I would like to have something that can improve your shops after they have been completed.

WanderingStranger

If you look at the same town location across multiple worlds, you will see that the items in the store are pre-determined, the same town has the same items across all worlds, assuming it's been built up of course.

I am a very avid builder so I was surprised I had never heard this before. I found out why. It is completely wrong. I checked several towns and none of them match up.

Praying for better quality items is probably a myth, personally I believe it to be one, but your theory is totally wrong.

Snr Sarg

I am a very avid builder so I was surprised I had never heard this before. I found out why. It is completely wrong. I checked several towns and none of them match up.

Praying for better quality items is probably a myth, personally I believe it to be one, but your theory is totally wrong.

Aye, you're right, my bad.

Theory was based on quest items, stuff like 3 rusty shotguns etc always seeming to be in the same towns near the quest locations, but double checked some other gear and clearly I am clueless :D

DeletedUser38270

Alot seem to agree that towns could over time be in need of repair. Would the same be said about or applied to Forts as well? After battles would forts also need to be repaired?

DeletedUser22685

It was in one of a town's forum.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here since it's completely out of context with the quote that precedes it, but surely nobody actually subscribes to that theory about prayer improving shop items anymore. I haven't seen widespread support of it since about 2010, and there's no substantial evidence to back it up, though I suppose there's no harm in continuing to try if you're superstitious.

I was told that praying "can never hurt" but that INNO will not confirm or deny that it does anything to help you with the game.

Actually, praying allegedly does have a negative effect if overused, kind of like the bell curve that affects the aim and dodge skills in duels. I doubt anyone will ever see such a negative effect since in the last eight years nobody has been able to identify the positive one, and to trigger such a negative effect would presumably require quite an excessive amount of praying.

EDIT: As to the actual idea itself, while it would be nice to make building seem a bit more meaningful, I doubt we'll see anything further in that regard simply because Inno have stopped developing new features. Perhaps some small changes could be feasible, but no major ones like entirely new buildings (railroads and railway stations have been suggested about a thousand times over the years, by the way... the concept never seemed to appeal to Inno). Anyway, there's hardly a shortage of builders around with church building being arguably the best source of exp.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

I doubt we'll see anything further in that regard simply because Inno have stopped developing new features. Perhaps some small changes could be feasible, but no major ones like entirely new buildings (railroads and railway stations have been suggested about a thousand times over the years, by the way... the concept never seemed to appeal to Inno).

It did appeal to inno actually, but only for a short while. I remember it being mentioned in Roadmap 2014. But then they never implemented it. Like any roadmap stuff is ever implemented anyway...

DeletedUser22685

It did appeal to inno actually, but only for a short while. I remember it being mentioned in Roadmap 2014. But then they never implemented it. Like any roadmap stuff is ever implemented anyway...

Perhaps I missed that because I was still caught up in all the hype about the exciting new features promised in Roadmap 2011 :p