Bugs arising from the latest 'fix' (and I use the term VERY losely).

Big John1970

I know this isn't a bug, but I thought I'd raise this here as I'm certain that this only came about with the latest update. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Is it or is it not true that up until now, when you begin a job, your LPs are locked in and the drop-rate for the items was also locked in?
Not anymore apparently. Just had confirmation.
A job started that had a drop rate of over 500% meaning 5 products dropping from that job.
Clothes then changed to speed clothes reduces drop rate to a little shy of 300% IF that job was then queued again. (Which it wasn't.)
Result? After 1 hour 3 products dropped, not 5!
That means the rules have changed people. This now means that when you are doing a job, you have to keep your work-clothes on all the time you are doing that job in order to be able to enjoy the higher drop-rate of the products.
Me no like. :hmf:

Post-Edit: Think of this. Up until now, you've always been able to queue up your jobs wearing your work clothes and then put on your best duelling gear in order to stop Duellers from farming workers. Now that this has come in, you have to keep your work clothes on the whole time so it's an early Christmas for Duellers who enjoy going round picking fights with people that they know cannot possibly win and then bragging about their 'unbroken wins'.

Post-Post-Edit: I'm not having another go at Duellers by the way. I would just like the old rules reinstated, so that we can at least DEFEND ourselves against Duellers. This is yet another reason for self-KO'ing and getting the Duel-Protection. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37451

I know this isn't a bug, but I thought I'd raise this here as I'm certain that this only came about with the latest update. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
[...]
Result? After 1 hour 3 products dropped, not 5!
That means the rules have changed people.
I cannot confirm. Tested it right now on German server and received correct product number as given with clothes at job start.

Drop rates in my case: 311% with clothes at end of job, 466% with clothes at job start ---> I received 5 products.

Micky12

I've tested it too and I still get the correct number of products even after changing to duel gear so I don't think it has been changed.

DeletedUser34202

I got way too much damage on job last night.
Damage % was about 10% and I got KO and over half of my health went. That was after I changed luck clothes on.
Same happened earlier today (without KO).
No sign after those.

Big John1970

I am sorry. Once again I find myself eating humble-pie and feeling like an ass.
Yes, I was wrong. The job I was looking at was Beaver Hunt. There are of course 2 products that you get from that job.
The Beaver Skin is 500%, the Beaver Trap is indeed only 300%.
I think I'll go and crawl back into my hole until my shame has run its course. :whistle::tumble:

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
Perhaps, then, the 'deadline' should have been stated as the 14th, because there appears to be a fundamental difference in terminology. Deadline typically means a limit beyond which one cannot pass without failing; so listing it as the 15th tells me that I can't go past the 15th, not the 14th.
I'll try to remember this next year, but if every single quest is bugged again, I might find myself at fault once more.
I think a time is also shown when you hover over the hourglass, which would have been 0:00 in this case, the start of the 15th.

That's a bit difficult to do when the quest giver disappears. And I didn't think that meant the quest was no longer available, since the matching quest was bugged, HAD the hourglass in the quest book, and also was missing the quest giver - and was extended as a result. And when I asked about it in the quest section, I never got a straight answer - only that Barnum Brown was missing, and the devs had been notified. No mention either way was made of Edward D. Cope. If I didn't think you guys were already inundated with trouble tickets, I would have submitted my own. I'll try to keep that in mind next year as well.
I'll see if I can reproduce the missing hourglass on timed quests.

Anzian

I think a time is also shown when you hover over the hourglass, which would have been 0:00 in this case, the start of the 15th.
Could as easily be 0.00 the end of the 15th :eek: Which is why you never should use 0:00, but 23:59 (or the rarely used 0:01), to avoid the possibility of confussing the date.

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
The day doesn't end at 0:00 though, it either jumps from 23:59 to 0:00 the next day, or 24:00.

Disappoint

The one with the hourglass, in this case, was the one that was bugged and extended, and the one that I did complete. And it was my assumption that since I was getting the same error from both, that both were bugged and both were extended. So I just kept trying to finish the second one and periodically posted on the issue in the Quests section, since I assumed it was part of a known bug and being worked on.

Anzian

The day doesn't end at 0:00 though, it either jumps from 23:59 to 0:00 the next day, or 24:00.
24:00? Where? I would like to see that.
The time goes from 23:59:59.9 to 00:00:00.01(Underlines should be overline, to indicate infinite loop of digits)
You can't have a time consisting of only 0's. A paradox of math and chronos.
Like I stated, 23:59 is used to avoid the confusion that can arise. But I guess that InnoGames likes the confusion, it goes well with greed :laugh:

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
I base myself on this wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock

Now, I know wikipedia can contain mistakes, but I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them ;)
While some players can see some ambiguity, there really is none.

The one with the hourglass, in this case, was the one that was bugged and extended, and the one that I did complete. And it was my assumption that since I was getting the same error from both, that both were bugged and both were extended. So I just kept trying to finish the second one and periodically posted on the issue in the Quests section, since I assumed it was part of a known bug and being worked on.
While this hopefully won't happen again, we'll try to improve our communication regarding bugs when something similar does happen again.

Last edited:

Big John1970

Okay. Now THIS bug I AM certain about and it has the players on World 1 up in arms. I have raised a ticket, but just to let everyone know...
A Fort Fight was called earlier this evening. There is SUPPOSED to be a 24 hour period between CALLING a FF and it actually STARTING!!!
Instead, in the space of about 4 hours, the fight STARTED and ENDED because no-one was THERE!
This is not the kind of bug that can wait until the next batch of updates. This is a bug that needs sorting NOW!
Fort Fighting has become a regular thing on World 1 and many of us enjoy them.
If we are now to have to wait for Inno to get their fingers out and fix this, you're going to have a LOT of disgruntled customers. :censored:

Big John1970

Good. I wonder how it came about in the first place? I don't think there were any updates yesterday, were there? Weird.
I'll just put it down to gremlins in the server. :)

Well now this is strange... I have BOTH - Giant of the Land AND Giant of the Ocean. Only thing is... Only Barnam Brown shows up. I can't find Edward D. Cope anywhere. So should I just CANCEL that said quest (Giant of the Ocean)?