Bugs arising from the latest 'fix' (and I use the term VERY losely).

HelenBack

Just a little feedback regarding the quests...

Okay, so the Western Nightmare quest was buggy and after it was finally fixed we got some extra time to work on it. Great... Thank you.

However, we also have MORE quests that are only here for a limited time as well. So, when I finally managed to finish the Western Nightmare quest and had a chance to start on the Perfect Heist quest, I discovered... I'm screwed.

- Perfect Heist quest opens Wednesday, Nov. 11th.
- You need to complete the second part between 6-10am server time... at the specified location... Okay fine... I have 7 days of the week to choose from to find one that works for me.
- Next timed part has to be done on Wednesday or Friday...
- Last timed part to finish the quest has to be done on a Monday...
- Quest closes on Thursday, Nov. 19th.
:hmf:

Problem? I FINALLY got a chance to do the second part (6-10am) on Saturday (server time)... I can't finish the quest... I can do the next timed part on Wednesday (RL depending), but there is no second chance for Monday.

So, ya... I'm screwed. :mad:

Also with all the timing messed up for the Western Nightmare quest, I also missed out on the ocean dino quest too.... I can only finish the last 3 hours of work, not 5.

Please... Remember that your players have REAL LIVES!!! We have to work and go to school... etc. Oh ya, and sleep... Somewhere I need to fit that in too. We can't be at our computers playing a game 24/7. Real life has to come first... I can't be here all the time.

Please give us at least TWO chances at completing a quest! The final part of the Perfect Heist quest, we only get ONE shot at. That really is not fair at all... Is it really that much to ask?
:blink:

BTW, I'm trying to be constructive here... If I would have written this right after I discovered I was screwed... I probably would have been banned for language. Still not happy today, but somewhat calmer-ish...
:mad:

Last edited:

Big John1970

I'm afraid this exact point has been raised so many times over the years it's ridiculous and absolutely nothing has been done, nor will it.
Basically their attitude is, if you can't make it online at a certain time...tough.
Some quests - because of time-zones - for some people the quests are timed at like 3-4AM or something stupid like that. There are no second options for these people.
Basically if that is the case and they want to complete that certain quest, then they need to wake up and around 3-4AM, come online, finish that part of the quest and then go back to bed.
It is ridiculous like I say, but that is the way is always has been and I honestly cannot see them changing it anytime soon. :(

Lucky Cro

Helen.. think you can finish this quest.. hopefully.. can't say i'm completely sure..
After you complete Wednesday part and step after.. and after you accept The Heist part from Maya (in which you have to visit mansion on Monday), this part of quest is open for you for 15 days.. though those 15 days depend on when you finish Monday part and we can only hope that part of quest is also open longer (visit mansion on Monday)..
http://prntscr.com/9335t6

EDIT / UPDATE
When one arrives to mansion.. mansion questgiver only has time hint saying about 19.00 till 00.00 quest window.. Question for devs... is mansion also extended?
It makes no sense to extend Maya as questgiver by 15 days (one has 15 days to hit complete with Maya after he does monday mansion part) if mansion isn't also extended..

Last edited:

DeletedUser35120

Not that it really matters, but where's the snow graphics on top of the windows which we see every year? :)

Big John1970

You missed a quest in the latest update guys. Just been sent this screenshot by my mate.

Post-Edit: Here's something else. Like I said. Fix one thing and 100 more break... (Also apparently Maya is now called Maria :blink:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Disappoint

It was like this for me since before the deadline was past.
I had the same problem with the Giant of the Land quest and that was fixed a while ago, but this problem remained. I have tried completing it every single day since I got to this point.
And correct me if I am wrong, which happens sometimes, but don't the timed quests have an hourglass in the upper right corner to indicate when the deadline is? This quest does not have an hourglass there, and it never has. the Giant of the Land quest did, both before and after it was fixed and I was able to complete it (when, at the same time, I was still getting this error message for the Giant of the Ocean quest) but this one never did.

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
I don't think the Giant of the Ocean ever had any issues, and as such the deadline wasn't extended. It ended on the 15th of November, did you try to complete this particular quest before that?

As for the missing hourglass, that is strange indeed but it is possible that it just doesn't appear in the questbook, only when you look at the quest using the quest giver.

Big John1970

I'm still not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but here we go...

Since the last update, now you can't use Nuggets to pick up cash from far-away towns.
I.E. You put something up for sale at a town. You then move away - say to do a job - and someone buys your item. You've always been able to use 10 Nuggets should you want to, to pick up the money from afar. Now you can't. :(

Disappoint

I don't think the Giant of the Ocean ever had any issues, and as such the deadline wasn't extended. It ended on the 15th of November, did you try to complete this particular quest before that?

As for the missing hourglass, that is strange indeed but it is possible that it just doesn't appear in the questbook, only when you look at the quest using the quest giver.
When you say "ended on the 15th of November" - does that mean that if you tried to complete it on the 15th (server time) you would have been able to successfully complete it? Or, as is sometimes the case, I've come to find, does that mean that once it becomes the 15th it is then too late to complete it?

I finished the requirements for both Giant of the Land AND Giant of the Ocean on November 15th and got the same message as in my screen shot for both quests on that date. I posted in the Archaeology thread in the quest section on the 15th since that was the only thread on the quest that I could find - and was (mistakenly, apparently) led to believe that it was among the many bugged quests that would have their deadlines extended because of the bugs.
Starting on November 15th I tried to complete both quests every day, and when the Giant of the Land quest was fixed, was able to complete that, but this one remained.

I didn't wait until the 15th because I was aware it was the deadline - I was unaware beforehand that either of the quests had a time limit. the 15th (beginning on the 14th) was simply the day I managed to get around to slogging through 16 hours of meaningless jobs. I had been reluctant to waste the premium time I had from my free nuggets for jobs that didn't give me either good money or crafting supplies, so I waited until no useful silver jobs were available.

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
That does indeed mean the beginning of the 15th, if you try to complete it on the 15th you'd be too late.

Disappoint

Perhaps, then, the 'deadline' should have been stated as the 14th, because there appears to be a fundamental difference in terminology. Deadline typically means a limit beyond which one cannot pass without failing; so listing it as the 15th tells me that I can't go past the 15th, not the 14th.
I'll try to remember this next year, but if every single quest is bugged again, I might find myself at fault once more.

That's a bit difficult to do when the quest giver disappears. And I didn't think that meant the quest was no longer available, since the matching quest was bugged, HAD the hourglass in the quest book, and also was missing the quest giver - and was extended as a result. And when I asked about it in the quest section, I never got a straight answer - only that Barnum Brown was missing, and the devs had been notified. No mention either way was made of Edward D. Cope. If I didn't think you guys were already inundated with trouble tickets, I would have submitted my own. I'll try to keep that in mind next year as well.

Last edited: