Bugs arising from the latest 'fix' (and I use the term VERY losely).

Big John1970

So any bugs that anyone has found that have arisen since the latest 'fix', post them here.
Talking to my friends, I have come up with these.

1) Day Of The Dead quest (Sugar Skulls etc.) had completely disappeared for one guy.
2) The Perfect Heist - The first part of the quest that you get from Maya, even though complete doesn't get classed as complete. It stays in your Quest Book and shows up on TW-DB as incomplete.
3) I am successfully doing the Day Of The Dead quest, but it showing up as repeatable which I am afraid to say is impossible as I restarted my character earlier this year.

That's just 3 that we have found. Anyone else got some to add to the list? :hmf:

Here's an idea developers of The West. Stop playing Candy Crush Saga, get your fingers out of your backsides and FIX THE GAME!!!!! :mad:

I have to tell you. I am SORELY tempted to STOP playing the game until they actually do FIX all these bugs. It seems that they fix 1 and about 50 more take their place! :censored:

Last edited by a moderator:

pghracer

yea one of my friends Day Of The Dead quest (Sugar Skulls) quest did disappear and there is nothing in the bartender to let you move forward with the quest

Big John1970

I tell you, I'm getting sick and tired of this.

Release something new into the game that is riddled with bugs and glitches.
Release a 'fix' for these bugs and glitches and break a whole bunch of things that did work in the process.
The mood I am in today, I am this close to abandoning this game forever and I am a paying customer of Inno. :ph34r:

Post edit: In case anyone thinks I am overreacting. This is nothing new. I honestly can't remember one single 'update' for this game since V2 came out that hasn't been bugged in some way - and I for one am getting sick and tired of it.

killado

Perfect heist is not a bug... the quest can only be STARTED at November, 11.

It showed up earlier due to a bug that was corrected on yesterday update and people that had accepted or advanced on it, it´s still open for them but cannot see the quest on the employer or any third party system can read it. (i have got into the fire cherry and the quest is still open but cannot be completed until November, 11 after 10am)
The problem is with the other sources tools that cannot check on quests that are not available in the game...
So wait until next week and the perfect heist will be back on the correct date.

The other ones, didn´t had any problem on 7 worlds (all older than 3 years)... except that the day of the dead repeatable doesn´t give any prize at the end. (only money and experience)

killado

on world 19, The Day of the Dead still hasnt appeared for me
Send a ticket from there for them to check your data.

I didn´t had any problem with the repeatable anywhere. The first time, i don´t know if there is something wrong with it.

William Todd

The problem is you need the 3rd global reward to unlock the Day of the Dead quest, but on some worlds if you had the sugar in your inventory you could complete Henry's quest and move on to Maya's part like for me on Colorado

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
1) That guy can submit a support ticket for that, it'll be easier to check that way.
2) Not a bug.
3) Could you submit a ticket for this? It's just a lot easier to find the issue that way.

Anny Hudson

on world 19, The Day of the Dead still hasnt appeared for me
For that quest to appear, you needed to unlock it last year. Last year during this time there wasn't any Fairbanks - unlike other worlds. You gotta wait till your world unlocks the quest this year.

P.S:- The Day of The Dead quest, not sure if it's termed repeatable.. doesn't give SP's or any valuable rewards. Isn't that weird?

Big John1970

Wasn't it confirmed the other day that the Perfect Heist quest was meant to be released early and that we do not have to wait until November 11 this year. If that is true then how is this not a bug?
I will wait until November 11 and see if it classed as complete then.
For the record, I raised a ticket stating this exact problem and I was told that this is a bug. I guess once again, only time will tell.

The problem is you need the 3rd global reward to unlock the Day of the Dead quest, but on some worlds if you had the sugar in your inventory you could complete Henry's quest and move on to Maya's part like for me on Colorado
Oh man, I tell you. These premature releases are starting to get on my nerves now.
So basically, from now on, every single quest that pops up in the Saloon, I have to question, 'Is this an early release or is it okay to begin it?' It's getting ridiculous. Not every quest is covered by TW-DB, so how the hell are we supposed to know if a quest has been released early by MISTAKE if it isn't on there and we receive no WORD about it????? :mad:
From now on, whenever a quest is released, if it has a time limit, I am going to wait until about 2 days before the time runs out to begin it. If it HAS no time limit, I am going to wait about 2 weeks to see if anyone comes on here, complaining that they cannot complete it and then for the Inno representatives to say, "Oh yes, sorry about that. We released that one early by mistake TOO!"
So first we are told that the Perfect Heist is fine and that it was released early this year on purpose and now we're being told that it shouldn't have been released until the 11th?
I am normally a happy, nice guy, but I am getting seriously annoyed now at all this crap.

Post edit:
P.S:- The Day of The Dead quest, not sure if it's termed repeatable.. doesn't give SP's or any valuable rewards. Isn't that weird?
Yeah, I know. It just says, 'Repeatable Holiday Quest' which - since I haven't completed it the first time is impossible! Grrrr.

Post post edit:
You gotta wait till your world unlocks the quest this year.
But I and my friends are all on World 1 which DID get the quest last year. [John's head has just exploded in a bloody mess of skull and brain]

One more edit: One friend HAS the 'Sugar Skulls' quest available from Henry, another one does not. I am wondering if levels are coming into play here. The one who HAS the quest is above level 100, the one who DOESN'T have the quest is well BELOW level 100...

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
The issue with quests starting too early was fixed in the update yesterday, which means the perfect heist was available for a little while, but it is definitely scheduled for the 11th.

As for the Day of the Dead quests, if you do the repeatable version, you can have it available right now. If you don't, you either have to wait until the world unlocks it or you can continue if you already did at least the first quest last year.

If you have any issues with the Day of the Dead quest, please submit a support ticket.

PaPa PoPCoRN

Does the Day of the Dead (repeatable) yield any reward(s) upon completion, like Anny Hudson mentioned above, I have completed it but it yielded no reward.

Big John1970

This is what concerns me too. Especially since I shouldn't even be able to do the repeatable version since my character was restarted only this year so anything I did last year would have been lost.

Post-edit: Is it possible to undo what I have done so far with the repeatable version of the Day Of The Dead quest which I shouldn't even have had access to?
I want to do the normal Day Of The Dead quest when we unlock it on World 1 and I fear that won't be possible if I have done the repeatable one.
(I didn't even notice it was the repeatable one until I was halfway through it and it was only then that I realised that it shouldn't even have been available to me as I restarted my character this year. When you restart. you get a clean slate.)

Post-Edit: Okay...I have FINALLY had a satisfactory answer. Apparently this is the SECOND Day Of The Dead quest this YEAR. As I restarted VERY early this year, I apparently completed the Day Of The Dead quest in January. So now this truly IS the repeatable one. [Johnny takes a deep breath and finally calms down.]
Now as the Perfect Heist quest was indeed released early (despite us being told the exact opposite) hopefully, when the 11th rolls around, the completed quest will indeed be LISTED as complete and I can crawl back into my cave and sniff at passers-by. :)

So from what I understand, when I restarted, I was within the time-frame for last year's quest and I completed it in January. So yeah, it is right that I am doing the repeatable version. And the Perfect Heist one has been covered. It was released early and should be completable after November 11. Sooo, moving along. Nothing to see here folks. :)

Ace Matador

Does the Day of the Dead (repeatable) yield any reward(s) upon completion, like Anny Hudson mentioned above, I have completed it but it yielded no reward.
I have the same question. I did the Day of the Dead (repeatable) and after doing silver mining 5 hour I do not received nothing. Is it normal?

Edit: I did it before my world unlocks.

Last edited:

Mustang Kate

I have the same question. I did the Day of the Dead (repeatable) and after doing silver mining 5 hour I do not received nothing. Is it normal?

Edit: I did it before my world unlocks.
I would think it is normal not to get a pop up for the end of that quest, if you
have already completed it last year, as you cannot get the same achievement twice.
That's my logic, anyway. lol

William Bresnaham

Yeah, it is all messed up this year.

I completed the day of the dead quest last year. I completed it again this year. Not sure if I was supposed to or not, it was several days ago. The rewards were the same as last year, I now have two beer from the Showtime step. :) My world just passed the step to get the quest a couple of hours ago, I don't see it, so I guess I'm not going to get a third go at it.

As for the Science Day quest. I completed it last year. I completed it again this year a month or two ago ( I think this was a mistake ). It is now back and I guess I'll have a third go at it. I found the hardened lead prize so useful that the two from the previous tries are still sitting in my inventory.

Hopefully they have now finally fixed the quests showing up at the wrong time bug. I don't really want to have to wait 5 days and check the forum every time a new or repeatable quest pops up to make sure I don't get caught in a messed up quest.

Apelatia

The repeatable "Day of the Dead" questline was made available on the 01/11/2015 for players who had completed it the previous year with the regular questline, which is unlocked from the community rewards of the event. This year, for players attempting to do the questline for the first time, they needed to wait for the questline to first be unlocked before they could start on it. Hopefully, this post clears up any confusion surrounding that questline. There are no bugs present in it as far as we are aware.

Big John1970

Blame me for starting this thread. :D
I was concerned about so many things, but when the questions were answered successfully, I felt like such a dope and regretted it. Still, at least I did get them answered. Thanks to all. :)