Buff types

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by Slygoxx, Feb 8, 2012.

Share This Page

1. is there a way to know if a buff is character buff or an item buff?

2. Slygoxx

Slygoxx The West Team Marshal

A bunch of buffs are listed here. I'll update the list tomorrow with the recent additions.

3. KZ Mona

KZ Mona Guest

Does using "work instructions" improve the drop rate?

4. Slygoxx

Slygoxx The West Team Marshal

Drop rate of what? Items? No. Products? It might, depends on the labor points you have before the buff and after.

5. KZ Mona

KZ Mona Guest

Sorry, products.
    Am trying to collect 10 pickaxes & the rate it's going i'll still be trying when hell freezes over. :(
    B4 any buff i have 24/36 SP or 3/5 silver pickaxes towards the job.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  6. samihorton

samihorton Guest

Check the market. Often times find them fairly cheap.....if 2-3k is cheap ;)

7. KZ Mona

KZ Mona Guest

If it were only a couple yeah ok, but 10 that's $30K for 1 quest. :hmf: Too rich for my blood!
    Even if i sell all those iron rods i've acquired in the effort it could only buy 3-4. Oh well. :(
    Will just have to endure & carry on. :laugh:

8. *Anoop*

*Anoop* Well-Known Member

you will need 100 iron rods for Charlie quest, So you may work a little on iron mining to get them. if you've some medals from tombola, it may increase your drop rate.

9. KZ Mona

KZ Mona Guest

Thanks for the heads up on needing the rods. :up:
    If you mean the Character one, it didn't help at all.

I'm also having misery trying to get toolboxes. Is there anything (she asks hopefully) that increases product drop rate?

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  10. supraxus

supraxus Guest

Being an Advent (in theory), getting to 5 axes, silver and gold jobs, and the higher income premium. And that's about it. ;)

11. KZ Mona

KZ Mona Guest

Thanks supraxus, but unfortunately none of that helped to get pickaxes. :(
    I am an Advent & tried silver jobs a few times w/various buffs (character, work instructions, etc.) & i got rods aplenty but only 3 pickaxes.

It did help a bit w/toolboxes, but then, it's not a secondary drop like pickaxes.

I guess i'll have to go for $$$ jobs & bite the bullet & buy some. :mad:

12. supraxus

supraxus Guest

Hey KZ,

I can't remember but I have loads of pickaxes on Colorado, but I never do iron mining any more. So I must have gotten them from either Trav Merchant or maybe from something with a ? like build palisades. Don't recall, but maybe someone else here knows which job it drops on? But I would warn, it's probably not a sure thing.

Yeah, iron mining or buy them. Figure what is your in-game time worth to do the pickaxe job vs. how much money you can make per hour to buy them... Good luck!

13. KZ Mona

KZ Mona Guest

Thanks again for the thought, checked tw-db & iron mining is the only job listed.

(shhh.. don't tell Kidd Kalypso, there will be whining)
    My bad luck just got worse, found a couple of high paying silver jobs, to get the $$$ to buy some & cuz i was on 48hr duel protection didn't waste time going to bank between jobs. Then i also didn't pay attention to my HP & KO'd on the job & lost almost $7K. :mad:

Don't ya just hate life lessons sometimes? :(

Oh well, back to the grind.

14. TequilaJoe

TequilaJoe Well-Known Member

Forgot a buff

Unless my eyes are off, you missed one :)

The Westerner
    + 4 fort attack
    + 20 - 60 damage

15. Mustang Kate

Mustang Kate Well-Known Member

Ok, since there is still confusion, perhaps, just perhaps, the actual graphic of the buff
    should have an undertitle which tells us which TYPE of buff it is . Speed. Duel. Character. FF. Although some are obvious, many crafted ones are not. It would be very easy then to
    see which buffs could work together, and which would override and thus cancel another if they are from the same TYPE.

16. deiben

deiben Well-Known Member

Might even want to change the FF buff to a "multi-player event" buff as there are multiple buffs that work in both FF's AND adventures.
    Just a semantic, but a more appropriate definition nonetheless.

CrOoKedSmiLE and futurama1001 like this.