Buff types

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by Slygoxx, Feb 8, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

I tested it on Beta and praying doesn't count as an action (and Beta is still 1.35).

2. Disappoint

Disappoint Well-Known Member

Then is my troubleshooting faulty? I should be able to unequip the rocket and still be able to do the job, right?

3. Duduie

Duduie Guest

No. You should have refreshed after activating the slice of cake.
    You need to understand that once you scheduled the job, the buff was gone. I don't really know how to put this: after the buff is used by clicking on the work button, your labor points are down to 3. You cannot change under 0 lp, just like in any other normal situation. You can change before you chose to do the job and after, but not during. Since the buff is used when you click the work button, you can take off 3 lp, not 10, because that is what you actually have on you, since the buff is GONE.

4. Disappoint

Disappoint Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't necessarily make sense to me, and it's harder to quantify since I could already do the job - I wasn't arguing, just confused by what I was seeing as opposed to what I had expected to see.
    Thanks for the clarification.

5. Duduie

Duduie Guest

Yes, it does make it harder and you need to remember to always refresh. It is confusing and I can only hope I was clear enough. Whether the buff worked or not (and I am not sure if it did since you did not refresh), you cannot change beyond your regular LP once the job is started and the buff is used.

6. Fafer

Fafer Guest

Is duel damage buff used after NPC duel (or quest duel) or only works with PC duels?

7. Derek1982

Derek1982 Well-Known Member

It is used against NPC duelers also, I found this out to my :mad:

8. The unknown general

The unknown general Banned

Well yes it is used against the NPC's too....you used one against them?What a you know what i am telling derek :p..

Yes its because you could test highest hit against npc's...That might count as a record ;).

9. Glorry

Glorry Guest

I think buffs are consumed when doing every action. Are they consumed when you duel players too?

10. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Not if the buff doesn't affect dueling... A duel isn't going to count as an action for a speed buff if you're already at the target's location, or a fort damage or bonus buff.

11. xShteff

xShteff Well-Known Member

Something I always wanted to test... what happens if I attack someone as a dueller with speed buff activated?
    I'm gonna lose my buff?

12. Duduie

Duduie Guest

Not if you do not travel anywhere. If there's no traveling involved (due to your radius), there won't be any action taken from your speed buff.

13. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

That's not necessarily true though. I was wondering the same thing, since the buff does increase your radius. I do think you're correct, but I'm not entirely sure. You are probably right, since traveling is the action, but it would be exploitable. One ground rocket turtle shell and a dueler could sit in one place and duel anyone in the world indefinitely as long as he never moves.

14. The unknown general

The unknown general Banned

Yeah i was wondering to use that...damn my secret is out....lol...

I will try it out soon.Maybe at w9 or w1.

15. Duduie

Duduie Guest

I'll try to test it with a concentrate.

16. xShteff

xShteff Well-Known Member

Don't forget to tell us what happens xP

That ^

17. katharon

katharon Guest

does jam and sharpened weapon stack? both buffs is used in duel

18. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

It doesn't matter what they're used for, all that matters is jam (or any skill buff) is a character buff and sharpened weapon (or any damage buff, dueling or fort battles) is an item buff, so yes, you can use them both.

19. Alpone

Alpone Member

Will getting Knocked Out by fort fighting / duels / jobs remove all buffs, or which buffs will remain?

20. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Getting KOed isn't an action. Actions are the only thing that remove buffs.