Buff question

DeletedUser36695

My character travelled somewhere and after that I used a time shortening buff. It didn't make the time any shorter. I used the feed bag so Im confused can u explain when this works - how to use it?

Ripwise

It works after you set travel. You set travel to destination where you want to go, then you use buff and the time will be shortened. Maybe the buff worked but you didnt refresh or you used buff before setting travel.

I hope this explains :)

delldell56

actually...

zatanna used feed bag. this one doesn't shorten travelling time, but adds some speed. buffs that add speed (feed bag, concentrate, robust reins, saddle pommel, turtle, etc.) are used BEFORE you queue the trip. if you cancel after queueing, you lose it.

buffs that shorten your travelling time (oat, shoed hooves, spurs, etc.) are used AFTER the walk was queued. they reduce a portion of your travelling time, the way it happens when you use nuggets, and there is a cooling time before you can use a second buff.

you can tell the difference because buffs that make you faster have several uses and don't ask you to wait 10 minutes before you can use another buff of any kind, whereas shortening buffs (or active waytime shortening buffs) are of one use only, tell you a percentage of walking time cut and have a cooling time. note that you can't stack speed and shortening time buffs (i.e. robust reins + spurs), or you'll lose the first one you used.

Ripwise

actually...

zatanna used feed bag. this one doesn't shorten travelling time, but adds some speed. buffs that add speed (feed bag, concentrate, robust reins, saddle pommel, turtle, etc.) are used BEFORE you queue the trip. if you cancel after queueing, you lose it.

buffs that shorten your travelling time (oat, shoed hooves, spurs, etc.) are used AFTER the walk was queued. they reduce a portion of your travelling time, the way it happens when you use nuggets, and there is a cooling time before you can use a second buff.

you can tell the difference because buffs that make you faster have several uses and don't ask you to wait 10 minutes before you can use another buff of any kind, whereas shortening buffs (or active waytime shortening buffs) are of one use only, tell you a percentage of walking time cut and have a cooling time. note that you can't stack speed and shortening time buffs (i.e. robust reins + spurs), or you'll lose the first one you used.

You are absolutely right. I forgot it was adding speed and not shortening travel time. Thank you :)

DeletedUser2708

note that you can't stack speed and shortening time buffs (i.e. robust reins + spurs), or you'll lose the first one you used.

Actually, I don't think that's true -- I do it all the time, and I've never noticed a "waytime-shortener" cancel out a speed buff.

delldell56

happened to me more than once, tj, when i am in a hurry and forget about this tiny detail. as in...i am late for a battle, equip robust reins (10x) to walk faster, realize it's not enough to make me arrive on time, then use oats, hooves or (gasp!) turtle...and oh no! 9x of robust reins gone -.-

Slygoxx

Oat or hooves shouldn't cancel a currently active speed buff. The turtle powder should though, as that is also a speed buff.