Brief interruption

DeletedUser

Hey guys/gals,

Many of you roleplayer-folk are into writing and awhile back I was asked by some earlier members to make some writing tutorials/tips. Finally getting around to it. Still being fleshed out, but here it is, in the Graphics, art and media section ---> http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=47310

I have read many books on writing and, frankly, they just ramble on too much, which leaves you in a quagmire of opinions and information that isn't altogether helpful. I was particularly entertained when I was reading the first chapter of one book, in which the author's first chapter went on about how, "it's simple, and yet everyone gets so convoluted," or something to that effect. I then pulled the book away, turned it on its side, and laughed as I examined it was almost 2 inches thick.

Let's face it, most who are writing about how to write are doing so to make a profit, not necessarily to get you up and running as a writer, and they end up with verbosity vomit. Granted, some are sincere in their efforts, but concise just isn't in their vocabulary. So, anyway, I'm going all concise on you guys. Hope it helps.

(last note: knowing how to write can also help you in roleplaying and game-mastering. I know it helped me.)