Brawn or Brainship

DeletedUser

You live in the distant future, where people travel across the galaxy as though they were heading off to the shops. Your parents are in a small group archaeologist families, never staying somewhere for too long, always moving onwards.
One day, on a new planet, you and your friends (some are relatives) are bitten by a batch of "fleas", thus rendering your body utterly useless.
So your still active brain is stuck into a machine and you are now forced to work for a company that uses you for one of three things: looking after a city, being a Brainship (your brain is stuck into a ship, where your "body" is the ship itself) or to be a lawyer.
You and all your friends are placed into the same ship, where you encounter are given Brawns - humans, who go out onto planets for you. Little do you know, that soon you will be having the time of your life.

You could either be a Brawn or part of the Brainship, in the RP.

Here's a form to fill out

Which option did you pick:
Name:
History:
Skills:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Option: Brainship
Name: Alan Daniels
History: Alan comes from a desolated part of a planet. He was free to go anywhere he liked at the age of 23. After being bitten by fleas, he was forced to work to look after the city.
Skills: Able communicate through mind message. ( changed due to god modding, thanks tiger)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess no one likes new people, I will play along:

Skills: ( I don't really know what you mean.)

Able to read ones thoughts and communicate through mind message. Able to intimidate one with one stare.

It's not that we don't like newcomers, the truth is the exact opposite, if we didn't welcome newcomers the section would be long dead, the reason why no one else has signed up yet is simple; we've already got four threads up at the moment, and those are taking up most of our time.

it's not surprising you don't know what he means by skills, although the idea is excellent, Mickey hasn't specified rules, constraints of the RP, what he means with each category in the Character Form, etc etc.

as for your final bit, I view that as godmodding, effectively you're saying that you can read people's minds and intimidate them, effectively controlling other players, now if Mickey says that's fine within the constraints of the RP, then no problems, however if he doesn't then, that is god-modding.

As I said before, it's a great idea, it just needs more outlining of the practicalities to work.