BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenBack

U r a joke helen...
No need to resort to name calling or getting personal Blackfyre...

the tanks whine is the one i was singing when we were losing 4 months ago 'booohoooo, look at perez, look at iSoopa, etc etc'
Glad to hear you're admitting to being a whiner.

your veiled ribs at cro beer about getting #3 by push fighting is amusing its also incorrect.... not a single key dropped except the one that 'supposedly' dropped on B1GMAN when he crashed our fights... all CroBeer members got their keys the old fashioned way, by emptying our wallets :razz:
So why did Joxer tell me that's where you got your keys? Or at least implied that the cash battles were held to get those keys and then the guns?

Btw 5 of our GGs were offline and died int he first few rounds so make that 13 GG's... and we still whooped your asses :D
So that just proves that yes, the GGs make a huge difference. Thanks for confirming.

HelenBack

Oh and BTW... If you were REAL fort fighters, you would be willing to put down the GGs and try to win a fair battle.
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser24373

Well, apparently most have decided to start immediately and no one from survivors went to legs.

:tumble:

My intent was to be at Legs after AZkid. AZkid ended late last night and I had a 2+ hr walk with speed gear on. I would not have been online to sign in. I didnt realize that when I told Helen I would try to make it, but my intent was to help there.

If I am online when your next battle is, and it is before tuesday, I will be there. just mail me

:)

DeletedUser28121

Oh and BTW... If you were REAL fort fighters, you would be willing to put down the GGs and try to win a fair battle.

right and maybe i'll equip my pillow after that and wait for you to duel me:laugh:...

plenty of your peeps (UN, Wolf, LOtE etc...) on a grave robber missions as we speak and yet all of u are here getting all high and mighty until the point in time when u have the playing field lvled in the regard of GG ownage... talk about a smokescreen lol, as if the rest of us is to blame u guys were slow from the get-go... i will repeat that its my serious wish that the devs correct the stackable (damage!) bonus so u dont get confused as to were I stand on the issue....

and i apologize for the 'insult' i just hate it when ppl dont get their facts straight...

DeletedUser24373

I feel that I do need to say one thing in all fairness.

CRO and Trinity are just exploiting what the developers created. My anger is more so directed at the devs than it is Cro or Trinity, you guys just brought me to this point with your exploitation of the GG.

Once the fort fights stop, and they will believe me, then you may share my anger at the devs for creating something that could be exploited.

DeletedUser24373

Black,

As long as I keep playing this game and it is still there, I will lobby to have the stackable bonus removed regardless of which side has how many GG's.

HelenBack

i will repeat that its my serious wish that the devs correct the stackable (damage!) bonus so u dont get confused as to were I stand on the issue....
Thanks Blackfyre, I'm glad you can also see that it is an issue... So why not help support the boycott until they resolve this issue?

and i apologize for the 'insult' i just hate it when ppl dont get their facts straight...
Apology accepted... thanks. :)

DeletedUser

I wish the dev team would do something about this quick.

Their are people who uses nuggets to double the class advantage which I would consider pointless with this stackable GG bonuses or to as what I know.

Count me in!

Bad Billy Jack

Sorry, to jump in here, but I need to make a point.

This argument is elite vs elite. What about us in the middle?

When I joined The West in Oct 2010, I saw the game this way. Quest until L50 when the quests run out (doable quests that is), then switch to FF for the late game. I am now L72.

Now with v1.30 level cap raised to L120 & goldens becoming commonplace, what are we midlevels supposed to do?

L50 is quickly becoming waaay too low of a level to FF, unless you don't want either rank or ability to live very long.

Inno, you have a HUGE hole in your game. That hole is in the middle!

DeletedUser22575

Sorry, to jump in here, but I need to make a point.

This argument is elite vs elite. What about us in the middle?

When I joined The West in Oct 2010, I saw the game this way. Quest until L50 when the quests run out (doable quests that is), then switch to FF for the late game. I am now L72.

Now with v1.30 level cap raised to L120 & goldens becoming commonplace, what are we midlevels supposed to do?

L50 is quickly becoming waaay too low of a level to FF, unless you don't want either rank or ability to live very long.

Inno, you have a HUGE hole in your game. That hole is in the middle!

Valid point.

Players at level 50 use to be able to go to a fort fight and do decent. Now I know players in towers who lose 4k HP per round to GG's.

DeletedUser16008

Valid point.

Players at level 50 use to be able to go to a fort fight and do decent. Now I know players in towers who lose 4k HP per round to GG's.

+1 and more .. what about the regular players ? yea thats right whos gives a rats right ?

oh btw take the w13 to that forum to complain about 13 stuff

I say Cap it and pack it... end of.

Hunterss

I personally spent money and a lot of time on W8 to get my GG. Took me months of planning and RL saving to have a shot at getting the thing. The result? A reward that was worth the effort. NOW a minority of people are complaining about the thing? Quit your whining and go get it yourself. You can't and don't want to restart? Fine, that's your choice, that's life, now go live with it and stop complaining to everyone else about it.

Supraxus, you don't see the point huh. You do have the gun but what is the use of it if you have no enemies to fight with? You know its too expensive to get that gun. The only best solution was if the devs fix the sector bonus or create other quest or start a different gun quest with a bit different than the golden gun (less cheaper quest). That quest is too expensive.

Inno says this is a free game and look how much it costs 40+ grand a world! This problems must be resolved and I am joining the boycott.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24373

+1 and more .. what about the regular players ? yea thats right whos gives a rats right ?

oh btw take the w13 to that forum to complain about 13 stuff

I say Cap it and pack it... end of.

Vic,

With all do respect this goes beyond W13. Mind you a few of us have gotten specific with W13, but this is a game wide issue. If it has not permeated the world you are on yet, it will.

DeletedUser

My argument was about nerfing the gun in total, not removing the stackable bonus. I'm all for that part of the argument, just not for the implied 'extreme' solutions that some people have advocated.

You gotta love democracy in action. Controlled chaos at it's finest.

DeletedUser

I was referring to Joxer's post:

This is for Arizona, but he still hasn't replied... And they still all had their GGs in the last battle.
;-)
Sorry for not replying, I missed this post.
This is Saloon. This is not w13 thread.
As I already said, I play only 2 worlds, on one I have gold gun, on the other one I don't have it.
And I'll boycott nothing.

If you need some favor on only one world, please use that world's forum. Otherwise it will feel as if this thread jumped out from it.

So why did Joxer tell me that's where you got your keys? Or at least implied that the cash battles were held to get those keys and then the guns?
Joxer is a bad person. And evil.
So that just proves that yes, the GGs make a huge difference. Thanks for confirming.
OMG imagine, gold gun is better than precise winchester? Can't believe it! If I knew that than I would get one myself months ago - and not just whine today.
Really? Honey, you forgot something. We don't negotiate with unhinged. ;)
See... You may give orders in unhinged as much as you like, but to us? Never.
Fair battle? After months of your "fairness", you now want a fair battle? We're not fair? Honey, we ARE fair. Always were. You're just losing forts now. Nothing unfair in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

From an outsiders perspective it is obvious looking in that the sector bonus needs to be nerfed as soon as possible, no offense to any CRO member but from the recent results I have witnessed which have led to you winning almost every battle you initiate there can be only 2 reasons:

1) In a space of a few months you have become superior in fort battles, to such an extent where you are steamrolling battles in 15-25 rounds and previously resistant enemies are becoming as effective as a holy durex.

2) The sector bonus from golden guns is excessively unbalancing fort battles.

If you are honest with yourselves then you know that a nerf to the GG sector bonus is much needed to put some balance back into the battles.

DeletedUser23701

People spent time/money to get GG.
Just nerfing and giving nothing in return will not solve issue.

I agree, GG sector damage bonus gives a lot to attackers.

As solution could be:
- remove sector bonus
- give bigger personal bonus for forts from GG and GG set bonus

DeletedUser22575

As solution could be:
- remove sector bonus

The sector bonus needs to be removed. The present stacking bonus is clearly the results of three factors.

1. The devs thinking this weapon would be somewhat rare.

2. The devs not considering the possibility of it not being rare and the implications of the stacking bonus and how it would effect fort battles.

3. This not being adequately tested in beta...or if it was not reported to the devs so that players would gain a fort fighting destroying advantage in their own worlds using the knowledge they had gained from the "playtest".

The personal bonus is fine the way it is.

The solution to this problem is simple.

1. Change the stacking bonus to where it is received for only one GG per sector.

2. Change the drop rate for the third key to where it is significantly harder to find...making the GG a rare item in future worlds like the devs apparently thought it would be now.

3. If it is possible for players to find key three through both jobs and chests (finding more than one key 3) for players to be limited to only finding one key 3.

4. For the personal bonus to remain as is. No need to nerf the damage on it. Players will still then receive value for the time/nuggets they spent to find it.

Golden set

Bonuses with 2 items

+10 Health points
+20% speed
+25 labor points

Golden Gun

232-348 damage
+ 2 Charisma
+2 Strength
+2 Mobility
+2 Dexterity

Fort Battle Bonus
+3 Defense Bonus
+3 Attack

Fort Battle Sector Bonus
+2 Defense
+2 Attack
+15 Damage

There is absolutely nothing that says that bonus is stackable in the weapon stats, so players would be getting what they paid for when they decided to get the weapon.

5. For the play test system to be changed. The play test system needs consists of players who are actually there to play tests not to look for future advantages for their own characters or towns. As long as the present play test system is utilized this problem will continue to exist in the future with other new items to be introduced.

This entire debacle could have been prevented by a small group of players play testing from the perspective of how can this be abused/exploited to gain significant advantage or adversely effect the game. That information could have then been provided to the devs so that the GG could have been tweaked before introduction to the game.

Generally speaking that is how play tests work ...the players test based on abuse/exploitation parameters.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

As solution could be:
- remove sector bonus

having a fort gun tha isbetter than precise winchester isnt good enough?
not only that but GG gives APs.

take away sector bonuses and GG is still best FF gun. so GG owners cant moan about nerving.

DeletedUser23701

having a fort gun tha isbetter than precise winchester isnt good enough?
not only that but GG gives APs.

ofc it is better gun. and so what?
GG and GG set was presented with some stats, so many evaluated and decided to spend time/money to get GG.

take away sector bonuses and GG is still best FF gun. so GG owners cant moan about nerving.

haha, take away some bonus from some class XXX as they are still better in something.

It'll has same effect, only with difference, that GG owners are premium players while moaning persons now are non premium players.

-- sorry, will not respond to all your message

1. The devs thinking this weapon would be somewhat rare.

Designers of game should think about something like that, but it's offtopic.
Just to not blame devs. :p

1. Change the stacking bonus to where it is received for only one GG per sector.

There is absolutely nothing that says that bonus is stackable in the weapon stats, so players would be getting what they paid for when they decided to get the weapon.

Report it as bug and devs will answer you: is it really bug or it was ordered in such way.

3. This not being adequately tested in beta...or if it was not reported to the devs so that players would gain a fort fighting destroying advantage in their own worlds using the knowledge they had gained from the "playtest".

5. For the play test system to be changed. The play test system needs consists of players who are actually there to play tests not to look for future advantages for their own characters or towns. As long as the present play test system is utilized this problem will continue to exist in the future with other new items to be introduced.

This entire debacle could have been prevented by a small group of players play testing from the perspective of how can this be abused/exploited to gain significant advantage or adversely effect the game. That information could have then been provided to the devs so that the GG could have been tweaked before introduction to the game.

Generally speaking that is how play tests work ...the players test based on abuse/exploitation parameters.

Have you any idea, what testing is?

Besides, there are several testing environments.
I bet functionality is tested on development servers with people who have access to documentation and code, and to find differences.

Beta, well, I guess it's our assumption, why Beta servers were made in first place.
Or is it somewhere written, what you should do when join beta???
I think that Beta were made mostly to test visual design, is button doing what it supposed to do or not.

Be real, what you described here, is more work for professionals who get paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.