BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24373

This is a call for ALL PLAYERS fed up with the Golden Gun situation on their world to start boycotting ALL fort fights in their worlds.

Problem:

Since the introduction of the golden gun quest line late in the game, many people are blocked from ever acquiring it. At the same time, complete towns are being established for the sole purpose of acquiring as many as possible. This has led to unbalanced fort fighting on multiple worlds and the problem gets worse every week as more GG's are introduced into the game.

Solution:

I am asking players that wish to support this to step away from ANY and ALL fort fights until Inno addresses this issue. Just as the GG is ruining fort fights with its stackable damage bonus, we need to reduce these fights to as few as possible to nullify the GG. At its maximum potential, the GG has the ability for a player to have a normal damage range of 717-833 regardless of the class. Almost 3 x's the damage of a precise Winchester.

As of March 15th, 2011 My boycott begins. If you will join me please post a response.

DeletedUser

Agreed. I will sit out until they cap the bonuses. No point if the attackers can sit on the ground and have better bonuses than a player on a fully built tower of their class.

DeletedUser

I love my GG but it is killing the fort fights with it's overlapping sector bonuses. I was in a fort fight last night where the defense did nothing wrong but were just anhyalated by so many GG's on the other side. Who has ever seen the top 15 highest damage hitters and 14/17 of the best hit/miss ratio... being on the attacking side? Soldiers had an average hit of over 400 hp...

The Golden Gun should be kept though and it should keep it's personal bonuses to reward the effort of having to find it, but, the sector bonuses have to go as this is getting beyond a joke now and is losing its fun

DeletedUser

dont agree
get yourself GG too :D
game need to new thing or this game will be die ...

DeletedUser

1. I play only 2 worlds (w12 and w13)
2. On w12 I don't have gold gun nor I plan to get it (unless I get bored)
3. On w13 I do have it

Conclusion? I'll boycott nothing. With or without gold gun you can play, have fun and win. It's all about your team, not about some item.

However, I'll join the boycott if it's about nerfing soldiers who are unbeatable in forts for months with HP shuffles till the first gold gun appears on any world.

Hunterss

Agree 110%! The sector bonus are too excessive for one's personal advantage. Something needs to be fixed..:cool:

DeletedUser23701

In W12 we had period for 2 or 3 months, when none of sides could win more than 1 fight a week. Almost all attacks were stopped by round 25, for big forts at round 30.
Attackers had no chance. Boring, isn't it.

Right now, it's possible, if you know how to use GG.

In short both sides should work on having GG and HP, not only HP.

Besides, you still have to use some tactic and show what you can.
Either way you won't win anything.

DeletedUser28121

LOLZ! just rename the thread loosers unite and be done with it!:p OBK i look forward to taking all your forts in Arizona (tho u might wanna catch up your alliance leader about this boycott so he stops digging forts)

DeletedUser23445

In W12 we had period for 2 or 3 months, when none of sides could win more than 1 fight a week. Almost all attacks were stopped by round 25, for big forts at round 30.
Attackers had no chance. Boring, isn't it.

Right now, it's possible, if you know how to use GG.

In short both sides should work on having GG and HP, not only HP.

Besides, you still have to use some tactic and show what you can.
Either way you won't win anything.

as a w12 player, from the the opposing alliance to yours, i can say that now the other side rarely wins (the one with less GGs), doesn't matter if it is attack or defend. can the other side now win an attack? almost impossible (previously it was difficult but realistic). tactics is of minor importance now - you just need to take few kids with a GG to win the fight, kids that used parents credit card to respec and get the 3rd key.

that means in few weeks you won't have anybody to fight with. the end of the world is coming. some can see this sooner, some will witness it later.

i am not premium player and chances to find 3rd key are minimal. should take years to respec.

GG sector bonus has to go. completely supporting thread starter.

DeletedUser28121

as a w12 player, from the the opposing alliance to yours, i can say that now the other side rarely wins (the one with less GGs), doesn't matter if it is attack or defend. can the other side now win an attack? almost impossible (previously it was difficult but realistic). tactics is of minor importance now - you just need to take few kids with a GG to win the fight, kids that used parents credit card to respec and get the 3rd key.

that means in few weeks you won't have anybody to fight with. the end of the world is coming. some can see this sooner, some will witness it later.

i am not premium player and chances to find 3rd key are minimal. should take years to respec.

Will you ppl OFF with the "kids taking parents credit cards and buying their way to the top of the game" paradigm?!?!?! More then 80% of us here who are prem players actually earn our money (well not me, my dad is a oil sheik:p) and choose to invest in a game we love! YOu mofo's shoul start entartaining the idea that when Inno looses their prem players they will lose economic viability to continue to work on this game, and where the hell will that leave u then?

DeletedUser22575

Will you ppl OFF with the "kids taking parents credit cards and buying their way to the top of the game" paradigm?!?!?! More then 80% of us here who are prem players actually earn our money (well not me, my dad is a oil sheik:p) and choose to invest in a game we love! YOu mofo's shoul start entartaining the idea that when Inno looses their prem players they will lose economic viability to continue to work on this game, and where the hell will that leave u then?

Blackie its time for you to consider their is just as many if not more premmie players who think the stackable bonus has to be changed than arguing it is just fine the way it is.

DeletedUser22575

whoever said i was advocating status quo??? read up on my position regarding GG's and the stackable bonus here: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=44476

I have read it.

And I am not advocating that GG's themselves damage wise, etc, be nerfed.

As you and many others have said, hours have been spent to get it, premmie has been spent for reskills, etc,.

So it would not be fair to players to change the damage bonus, etc.

However the stacking does have to be modified.

As I said here in the discussion of new fort guns the criteria for getting them (post 15) would have to equal or exceed that for the GG so not to nerf the GG's.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=44632&page=2

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23701

as a w12 player, from the the opposing alliance to yours, i can say that now the other side rarely wins (the one with less GGs), doesn't matter if it is attack or defend. can the other side now win an attack? almost impossible (previously it was difficult but realistic).

ha, it still matters on tactic, movement, starting positions, etc.
Just check battles, our attacks/defenses are way different from each other.
Yes, we might have more GG, 23 vs 11 or so, but still.

That difference should work better in attacks, as more people get bonus.
But, we still have to work hard to win.
Same, I'm sure, goes to your side.

tactics is of minor importance now - you just need to take few kids with a GG to win the fight, kids that used parents credit card to respec and get the 3rd key.

please ate the fact that you can't afford nuggets. Stay on topic.
As complains about kids with credit cards should be discussed under another topic.

DeletedUser

outlaw you were right. joxer was the 4th reply lol.

ive stated many times i think the golden set as a whole is and was the ruination of the game

but it is exactly what its purpose intended...nuggets are flowing, it isnt named "golden" for nothing

killed the awe of the named dueling weapons, now they are a laffable comparison to the saber/colt....the rifle i could care less of extra damage, the sector bonus as many i will say is quite extreme

all i am going say on this

DeletedUser24373

Blackfyre,

Starting next week on Arizona, as far as I am concerned, you can walk in and take any fort you want. I will not be there to prevent you in any way. I will not be digging nor participating in any fort battles until the GG stackable bonus is addressed by Inno.

If Inno chooses not to address this, then they will lose at least 1 premium player on multiple worlds, I have a feeling the number will be higher than just me. That is their perogative. Should they eliminate the stackable bonus, I will return to fort fights.

The GG is unobtainable by me on AZ as the quest (The Raid) was finished prior to introduction of the golden gun. I will not start over and reset my game back over 100 levels.

Right now, it appears that this is the beginning of the end for me.

DeletedUser9470

All sign up to w10 where FFs are managed to make them as fair as possible.
A world fair, entertaining and above all, fun.

DeletedUser

OBK, will you please stop with that false drama?
It's your side that's multiattacking, countering, or if not that then it's spaming 3-4 attacks every single day for a week already or more. And that behavior got you where? Did you manage to win all those spam digs? You tell me.

Yes, you will stop digging next week, of course, but what's the real reson? The gun? Nah. The holy trumpet? Of course not. HP monsters? Baaah, they're irrelevant according to you.
You will stop digging because by this tempo of digging your town treasury will get empty.

Neo, you rock! Hehe

DeletedUser1121

All sign up to w10 where FFs are managed to make them as fair as possible.
A world fair, entertaining and above all, fun.

No, join W1. No premium to get the GG with shaman reset.
GG are extremely rare and fortfights are good fun.

DeletedUser

So, to protest the golden gun, you're going to give all your forts to the side with the lopsided GG advantage? The people with the GGs aren't going to boycott fort battles, and neither am I, as much as I'm not a fan of the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.