Bouquets

DeletedUser16008

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'd be more than happy to get some extra HP (especially if it's you shooting at me from the fort, futu). But the idea of leaving my character in that cupid suit unattended for the entire day, only to come home to no bouquets, no money, no product and a KO? Doesn't make the prospect so rosy. I used to be able to sit at my computer and be hands-on with this game nearly all day if I wanted to - now I work 12-hour days and barely get the dailies done. Maybe I'll be able to get the bouquets over the weekend, but that's the only time I'm willing to try, if I will be at the computer.

Like Elmyr said - This has gone from a fun, lighthearted little holiday festivity to an enormously frustrating grind.
And you know how it galls me to have to agree with Elmyr. ;)

The only part that really bothers me this year (were we even able to get these HP last year if we had done the duels the year before?) is the quote from Desi above - all this effort and 'risk' and there's a reasonable chance it will all be in vain. And the first year these duels were available, half mine were sabotaged by someone who dueled me without a bouquet equipped - I got the exp but no SP, and lost the bouquet all but one time.

The extra bouquets are a pain yes, if you want some peace and quiet for 48 to do it just give me a shout & i'll sort you out again, im just that helpful kind of guy :D

DeletedUser

I am guessing like all luck drops in V2 this is based on a % drop chance per hour, so best chances for additional bouquets are on jobs longer than an hour. My best long job I can do with the Cupid set on is Sheriff, so i just tried it, and got 4th bouquet on first try.

Update: 2 bouquets out of 3 Sheriff jobs wearing Cupid set.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Two bouquets in 6 hours of merchant compared to one in 150 short jobs. Longer jobs really seem to help.

Regarding wearing the full Cupid Set, and apologies if this a noob question, but something I've always wondered is whether it matters if you are wearing the set for the whole duration of the job, including when you queue it?

I switched to cupid after queuing merchant on those two bouquets.

DeletedUser22493

So, those who already did the quest last year can only find 7 flowers this year?

DeletedUser20401

Did they? I'm still waiting for a single report from someone finding a bouquet who has done it before this year. Many people have posted no problems doing it the first time, that's old news.

Edit: And now that I think about it, it wasn't repeatable last year, though it supposedly is this year.

Edit: Finally found one on berries where I've done it before after using 137+ energy on various jobs.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do this AT ALL last year.

So far today I've done 55 jobs - all WITH the Cupid set on.

Not one single Bouquet yet.

Berries, Oranges, Agaves, .. and a bunch of others to experiment with. - Yes, smaller jobs - So maybe the larger ones are better. - I don't know.

DeletedUser29238

Take extra care when you agree to duel. This is what happened to me:
Agreed duel with fella on alliance chat. I put bouquet on, clicked open his profile, he had bouquet, clicked duel. Lost my bouquet, didn't get HP point. Why? Because someone dueled him just before me, maybe 0-2 seconds before.

Puff, that bouquet is gone forever, and so is HP point.

Customer support said:
"Unfortunately nothing can be done in this instance, it happens but we do not reimburse on lost bouquets.
You need to use the bouquets correctly in order to get the maximum 10 HP."

I used my bouquet correct way!!! But it's flaw in your game design or something.

DeletedUser20401

What about the year before?

I don't remember.. I'm only pretty sure that I did not do it last year.

I don't think I did it the year before that either.

The only thing I remember doing for Valentine's day was the Chocolates to Maya or something like that.

I don't remember dueling anyone with a Bouquet on.

That aside, nearly 100% positive - That I didn't do any of Valentines day anything last year, as I'm pretty sure I was sick during that time and wasn't playing.

DeletedUser26820

Agreed that for veteran players who already had 3 bouquets from previous years that the longer (30 minutes or more) jobs are more successful.

I started out doing the 10 minute and less jobs (berries, oranges, potatoes, beans, felling trees, etc.) for about 60 jobs total to no success on getting one.

2nd time at Hunting Buffalo, a 30-minute job at 95% mot, got a bouquet to drop.
1st time at Exploration, 1-hour job at 100% mot, got a bouquet to drop.
All drops with full Cupid set and the firework's rocket.

3 from previous years, these 2, 5 more to go...
Edit: 3 from previous years, these 2, 8 more to go.... Even better :)

DeletedUser

I have gotten them easily (3) in 3 different worlds. I dueled two women with me equipped and them not, and apparently, I gave them the flowers in exchange for 240 XP.

DeletedUser20401

I have gotten them easily (3) in 3 different worlds. I dueled two women with me equipped and them not, and apparently, I gave them the flowers in exchange for 240 XP.

No "apparently" about it. BOTH parties must have the flowers equipped to get the health skill point.

If only one has it, you only get XP.

DeletedUser

I've found bouquets while mucking stables and tomatoes.

At this point I'm inclined to blow through a large number of the small jobs to try to gather them via that route.

DeletedUser20401

Well, for me after like 60 jobs - I did "Work As a Sheriff" -- a Hour & a Half Job -- at my world speed. -- (2 hour jobs max here)... And finally - I got a Bouquet. ... First shot at that job also.

So, maybe that's it.. The longer jobs.

So with all due respect FargoBear - 60-some jobs less than 1 hours did nothing for me.. Only when I went OVER an hour did I get one.

DeletedUser8627

Forgive me I have not been following this thread in detail.

It has come to my attention though, doing higher duration jobs yields a better result than doing a lot more lower duration jobs.

Also, those of you who managed to get 3 bouquets two years back, there are still 10 available for you to capture. So in other words, those players have a chance to gain 13 within their gaming career.

EDIT^^

Just as a test I did 'selling guns to indians' over 4 worlds in which 3 of them gave a bouquet.

DeletedUser

I finally dropped two bouquets after endless picking berries with no success. After reading this thread I tried other jobs with full cupid set equipped.

I dropped one drilling for oil and the other building windmills both 30 minute jobs. Hope this helps