Resolved Bounty

Noobmic

Something is a little unclear to me.

When I check some players profile I can put bounty on them and I didn't had any interaction with those players.

Initially I was thinking that bounty can be put only after duels. But now that I see this I'm a little confused. So someone can explain it to me why I can put bounty on players that I didn't had any interaction with?

Slygoxx

You can put a bounty on everyone, doesn't matter if you have dueled against them or not.

DeletedUser

Not on everyone.
Dont forget what exist BOUNTY PROTECTION.
If someone took bounty from your head,then no one can offer a bounty for you during next 48 or 72 hours just i dont remember.Its happened to me i offered for myself bounty and get KOed.when 48h past i tried put bounty again and saw message about bounty protection

Noobmic

Ok, thanks for clarifying it.

For me it seems like with this feature some players can abuse it. Meaning put bounty on them with no reason just because they want it.

I will see if I can come with an idea to change it so bounty can be offered only after some interaction between players (e.g.: duel)

DeletedUser

The reason to put a bounty on someone's head is not just dueling. There are other actions in game that can be viewed as not nice and that is a way to seek revenge.
For example: one player keeps hitting your workers. You are the town leader and you are to big in level to go get the guy. So you offer a bounty.
Other example: you trust a player with the founder hat and he gives away your forts and throws everybody out of town (it did happen). You can put a bounty on his head.
I don't think a player would waste money to put bounties here and there on players he never heard of.

Noobmic

For example: one player keeps hitting your workers. You are the town leader and you are to big in level to go get the guy. So you offer a bounty.

This can be done by the player who is attacked, no need that other people to be involved.

Other example: you trust a player with the founder hat and he gives away your forts and throws everybody out of town (it did happen). You can put a bounty on his head.

In this case as I told before there was an interaction between those 2 players. One player kicked another from town.

I don't think a player would waste money to put bounties here and there on players he never heard of.

Yes? Check my profile on W2 to see that I have for almost one week a bounty of dead on me and last duel that I did was On 03/17/11 at 11:10 AM after a fort battle and before this bounty I had until 23 March 2011 same bounty on me (with dead and same amount of money) that says the same player is using to bounty me.

Now I don't know if is the player from the duel who puts bounty on me, but who did it it did it 2 times now and if he wants he can do it all over until I quit playing for example. Did it seems fair to you or to anybody else?

DeletedUser

It seems like the person is determined and has a reason. For whatever reason, he just wants you dead. And that means you did interact with him. Or he would not be upset about you and leave you alone.
As I said: nobody would put a bounty on someone's head specially multiple times without interacting first. And what you are saying is that interaction needs to happen in order to be able to place a bounty. Well, that interaction must have happened to have that player so mad at you to put a bounty put on your head several times.

Noobmic

Ok, in some days I will be level 120 then I will start to put bounty for dead on a lot of people on the world just because I have the money for it. maybe at that moment you will understand that how it is now is wrong.

LE: Meanwhile I created a topic for bounty remake. http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=567484

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ok, in some days I will be level 120 then I will start to put bounty for dead on a lot of people on the world just because I have the money for it. maybe at that moment you will understand that how it is now is wrong.

LE: Meanwhile I created a topic for bounty remake. http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=567484

I do not understand. One has to have a reason. No matter how stupid. And just because someone in the game does not like you, it does not mean others have to be involved so you can prove a point. Sorry, I don't see this the way you do.

Noobmic

I need to prove my point because how it is now is not fair, in the idea topic @-Neo- posted that we should get at least a message saying "Player X had put a bounty on you" this also is a good improvement.

Still less then 10k XP till lvl 120 and I make per day at least $6k so a lot of bounties to come.

DeletedUser

If you get a bounty on you, leave the town and ask your best friend to KO you. He will get the money, which is a very good thing. I don't mind bounties on me at all. In fact, I would encourage it.

DeletedUser

Hmmm... I can see how that could be exploited. But think about this.

Back in the wild west, gunslinger friends could arrange things so the one who has the bounty is caught by the other. Just like in the legendary western movie, "The good, the bad and the ugly", where Clint would bring the ugly to several towns cashing in bounties, then set him free.

I think that's a very valid point.

DeletedUser

It still doesn't make it legal in-game. The rule literally says:

Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash.

DeletedUser

Yeah... and again I find out that I can't role-play in this game....

DeletedUser

Is an RPG, of course you can role play. As long as you follow the rules.