Bounty Protection

Spaceydk

What a joke

One of things I hate about The West is the dueling, most worlds I am townless because of that, I am a lover and not a fighter.

Why protect someone from me placing a hefty bounty on them because they duel me every 3-4 hours?
I understand dueling is of the game but the bounty is there for me to have other people take care of my problems.

DeletedUser35120

I never understood why bounty protection was implemented either tbh.

I'm a lover not a fighter. Yep, I love dueling.

DeletedUser36559

Bounty protection was implemented to prevent abuse from certain players.

DeletedUser25707

So putting a bounty on someone is considered abuse, but dueling someone 24/7 is not...

Bounty protection is one thing that should never be implemented in this game.

DeletedUser

Well i guess the abuse here is when people place bounties on their intended targets and then collect the bounties easily to complete the achievements. Or I dunno, can't find anything else.

DeletedUser37529

what , why, this is the west, not farmvile , dueling is part of the game, not a dueler, a fort fighter, but I do not complain about duels or bounties, ....

DeletedUser36559

Well i guess the abuse here is when people place bounties on their intended targets and then collect the bounties easily to complete the achievements. Or I dunno, can't find anything else.

This is the one I was thinking of yeah

DeletedUser29831

No, it is when someone puts bounties on someone all the time. If the bounty is collected, you can't put another on for some time, a week or 2 I think. And as most aspects of this game, this feature can also be abused.

DeletedUser36979

Well, that is just stupid... If a player can duel me, I want the right to put a bounty on him, should I want to.

So people protected from bounties, shouldn't be able to duel, simpel as that

DeletedUser

I love how people use farmville as an example as to what this game isnt - out of 100`s of games to choose from - bounty protections a good idea as is the 72 hour KO thingy - Dueling is part of the game and dont forget you can always cuss out those who duel you under your breath, kicking the dogs not on tho lol We should try and enjoy the game rather than rant over aspects that are notgoing to change

DeletedUser29831

Checked the wiki:
Bounty protection

If a player has a wanted dead bounty on them, and is knocked out in a duel, they cannot have any other bounties placed upon them for a certain period of time. The formula for this is 1 minute per 1$ bounty placed, with a max of 14 days. Thus, a player with a 6000$ bounty who was knocked unconscious would not be able to have another bounty placed upon them for 100 hours ($6000/1 minute), or 4.167 days.

DeletedUser36559

I think rather than having no Bounty Protection we should have something similar to the 72 hour KO, once 24 hrs have passed if the player under Bounty protection initiates a duel then Bounty protection on that player is automatically removed and other players are free to bounty that player again.

DeletedUser22685

That's not the source of abuse here. You can just as easily put a single bounty on many different weak players for that achievement.

The reason it exists is not to protect duellers from bounties as has been mentioned here, but to protect non-duellers from a different kind of bullying whereby another player constantly keeps them bountied so that they are targeted more often by duellers. Unfortunately, it also has the side effect that duellers can receive unnecessary protection as well. There was another thread some time ago which proposed that bounty protection be cancelled as soon as the protected player initiates a duel, and IIRC it received a lot of support and was possibly even submitted. Nothing seems to have come of it though, which is a shame.

EDIT: It didn't get as much of a response as I remembered: Early ending of bounty protection. This still seems to me like the best course of action.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My two-bits is that Bounty-Protection shouldn't be removed. Some players go 'Townless' in order to avoid constant duelling. The only way these players can be duelled is if they have a bounty on them. So if a player takes offence at them for whatever reason and decides to hound them - without Bounty Protection - that player could put a Bounty on them, KO them, then instantly put another Bounty on them, track the payer down and KO them again as soon as they are able. With the protection, at least the player would gain some respite.

DeletedUser22685

My two-bits is that Bounty-Protection shouldn't be removed. Some players go 'Townless' in order to avoid constant duelling. The only way these players can be duelled is if they have a bounty on them. So if a player takes offence at them for whatever reason and decides to hound them - without Bounty Protection - that player could put a Bounty on them, KO them, then instantly put another Bounty on them, track the payer down and KO them again as soon as they are able. With the protection, at least the player would gain some respite.

I'm not sure what point you're making. You can't put a bounty on a townless player, so leaving town will allow you to avoid both duels and bounties whether bounty protection exists or not.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah. Sorry, I forgot about that. [Slaps self with wet fish.] :ph34r: