Bounties proposal

DeletedUser

very complicated, why not just simple bounties that players can place on eachother?

let non-fighters exact a little revenge, and give fighters something to do

seems like a much simpler programming exercise than adding a whole new game feature (i.e. jail), i'd much rather see the forts etc than to have the game side-tracked by something brand new

DeletedUser

Good idea,i didn't see this thread before i made one as well.Was just watching a "fist full of dollars" and came up with mine,but yours sounds good as well.

DeletedUser14192

I don't really think we should be able to 'jail' players. It stinks running out of energy and waiting in a hotel or waiting for your 2 Hour Work job to finish. The 'waiting' in this game is long enough without having to be 'jailed' for 3 days or more...

DeletedUser

I think Bounties should go like this:

How are bounties initiated?

A person physically goes to thier Sheriffs Office (currently unused) and click a tab that say "Place a Bounty." They then insert the player name they want to put a bounty on, and the amount of the bounty. Also, a Town Councilor/Founder can use the town funds to put a bounty on someone.

How are active bounties seen?

A player must physically be in a town and look at the Sheriffs Office. There will be a tab for "Wanted - Dead" in which it will then show all the bounties that have been placed. This will be world wide. If a bounty is placed, it is active and a bounty cannot be canceled, but if up for one week, there is no one who collects it, the bounty become inactive and the money is returned.

How are bounties collected?

Bounties are collected by someone KOing the person with a bounty on thier head ... it doesnt matter if they attacked them, or were attacked by them. When someone places a bounty, the money is taken from that person and is given to whom ever collects the bounty. If no bounty is collected after one week the bounty is returned to whom ever placed it.

Isn't this like the Sheriff suggestions?

I don't believe so. This option is available to anyone, whether they are in a town or not. Bounties are only temporary actions therefore do not have the longevity of a Sheriff. Also a bounty may be placed on a person regardless if that person has attacked anyone. Sheriff is more of a defensive response ... Bounties are a free for all ... and free for all to collect ;)

===============================================

Ok any questions? Comments? Clarifications? Suggestions?

DeletedUser

What would happen if a town used it to put bounties on a Inactive player to share wealth?

DeletedUser

What would happen if a town used it to put bounties on a Inactive player to share wealth?

It would not fall under "Pushing" because everybody would have a chance to get it. Though you have a good point about that sharing the wealth. The person seeking the bounty still has to be in dueling level range to attack that person (no 110 dueling level vs a 35)

Perhaps bounties should be initiated immediately but given and 1-4 hrs to be seen?

DeletedUser

why not, you look on there profile, press "add bounty" type an amount ranging from 200 to 100,000, charge commision ont he bounty, say %10, and whoever ko's the person get the money, the bounty never expires, and can be added to (upto the 100,000)

DeletedUser5614

bountys they could be abused unless you have it so the person that gets dueled can place a bounty the bounty hunter takes it they duel them the bounty is removed

you could add bounty medals like bountyhunter bronze bountyhunter silver bountyhunter gold bountys cant be placed unless the person gets hit since if they could be placed without being hit you would have others bountying any random noob in the game

DeletedUser

I like it
But how about the bounty can only be accepted by a bounty hunter charter.

when the bounty is accepted both players will have a time frame to do there task. Bounty hunter will have to catch the player and duel him to kill him. at this you will have to be at the spot where they are and can duel any where not just in town.

player will not be able to sleep deposit money in bank sell items they will be able to work having a bounty on them.

each will have a # of days to do this. player who has a bounty on them will have to get to a safe house to get the bounty off. Go into a church have to spend a # of hours in prayer to take off the bounty. When the bounty is placed the player they will not be notified in order to see the bounty that has been placed on him and time will have to click on the charter tab or go to the rank tab.

Now if the bounty hunter kills the him or her they get all the money and items that that they are carrying.

If they get to the safe house. Which will not in there own town it would be one of two that is selected randomly and far enough away so both have a chance to complete the task at hand once selected can not be undone.

If they make it to the safe house and complete the prayer on time the bounty hunter will have to go back to his town and get another bounty.

only make 4 bounty's available per town.

make a sheriff's quarters so you could build so you could add to them level1 has 1 bounty hunter level 2 has 2 and level 3 has 3 and level 4 has 4 have the town founder be the sheriff and can appoint others to be bounty hunters if they are not one they will remain a bounty hunter until the task is done.

If the players hide skill is high enough he wont be able to be seen when hes in the forest. or in the water the bounty hunter will have a hard time of finding them. And if the one who's being chased has his sights skill high enough he will have an easier time to see the bounty hunter.

while in the bounty both have to walk