Book title story.

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date

DeletedUser31931

So I had a random idea for a game whilst I was bored so I decided to post it here. What you do is you take the title of a book and you incorporate it into a sentence (for example if we were using Naomi Novik's Victory of Eagles then it would be something like: The Victory of Eagles was complete.) the next person would then have to continue on the story using a different book. This should make for an intersting game. So without further ado let us begin. On a sub note if you could put the author in brackets after the title of the book 'twould be greatly appreciated.

Temeraire (by Naomi Novik) took flight.

DeletedUser

this game just reminds me that I don't read enough books...
The Red Riding Hood was sad to see it go.

DeletedUser

They make such a ruckus that Finnegans Wake all along their route.

DeletedUser

"What are they up to?" Wondered Montgomery as he held his Concise History of Warfare.

DeletedUser28032

and pointed out the pictures to The Legion (Simon Scarrow)

DeletedUser28032

as they made their way to The Wastelands (Stephen King)

DeletedUser618

"It seems rather dreary here." said Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. (Kate Douglas Wiggin)

DeletedUser28032

As they continue on there journey only pausing long enough to watch as A Falcon Flies (Wilbur Smith)

DeletedUser13682

"Looks like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Ken Kesey)!" exlcaimed James, pointing at the falcon, and the nest it flew over.

DeletedUser31931

"When the Eagle Hunts (by Simon Scarrow), oh wait it's a Falcon."

DeletedUser28032

Rebbeca said with an embarrassed look on her face "Anyway We'd best Seize the Night if we're..." (Dean Koontz)

DeletedUser

[I love the concept, but I don't think this game is working very well as is.]

DeletedUser

[I wish I knew. Like I said, I like the concept. It may just be the way people are playing it. It just doesn't feel like a coherent story, just an excuse to use a specific book.]

DeletedUser

yeah, less about the titles more about the story behind them

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo liked the ideea.