Bonds...?

• Thread starter DeletedUser35003
  • Start date

DeletedUser35003

Yea... remember those "special rewards" given out from the Pirate/CTF events, hire a NPC (sofa, mctubby), etc.....
What good are they? Inno lets us use them for events for a year, gives bonds as "special prizes" then takes the ability to use them for events away? I think its pretty clear that they will no longer be useful for tombola/events in the future.

Guess its the only way for the money grubbers to instill the concept of "pay-to-win" and to continue to reduce the ever shrinking player base.:unsure:

DeletedUser

There has been absolutely no suggestion that bonds will not be able to be used for future events. Regardless, bonds are extremely useful in buying all sorts of goodies from the Union Pacific Shop.

DeletedUser33353

I live in the UPS shop....my preferred currency are the bonds.

Abydos1

Yeah, I guess I'm not the only one who noticed the lacking of bond usage for events lately...I do hope they at least let us use it for the flower pot if there will even be one. Ha, well I'll be getting the motivation bag really soon if this anti bond trend continues.

DeletedUser36702

Yeah even for Dia De Los Muertos event. They will be using only gold nuggets (25 per retry after the free spin) for retry but otherwise, the format is the same as last year.

DeletedUser35520

its more-less about a person's idea of "useful". Buy HP potions and energy when needed, such as for events, to stay below 2k

DeletedUser37520

There has been absolutely no suggestion that bonds will not be able to be used for future events. Regardless, bonds are extremely useful in buying all sorts of goodies from the Union Pacific Shop.

There hasn't been any suggestions like that, but there hasn't been an event where you can use bonds for a very long time either and this, of course, makes it so that people starts to wonder if InnoGames has any intentions of allowing bonds as a currency in future events. I would love to hear an official announcement regarding this, because right now it feels like a lot of players are just hoarding their bonds. If InnoGames officially stated that they'll not release any event that accept bonds as a currency people could at least start to use the bonds on something they find useful, such as health potions for example.

No matter if it's an event or something else, I think that the game desperately needs some more stuff that the players can use their bonds on. The Union Pacific Shop has a few useful items, but the rest feels kind of overpriced. The price for the sets in the chests are absolutely ridiculous, the crafting bags are just plain stupid(if I remember correctly, I got two Seeds and one Tobacco from a bag I won at the Fair) and a lot of the work and fort battle buffs just seems pretty lackluster. The only other way of spending bonds that I can come up with right now that's currently in the game is the Fair and I don't think I've ever talked to somebody that actually thinks the Fair is worth the price since it often just gives you junk.

DeletedUser

Bonds are useful for:

Reskill potions,
Hp buffs
Energy buffs
Occasional ground Turtle.

I agree with whoswho. Many people are hovering between 1900-2000 bonds (buying to keep under 2k) and have thousands of bonds in envelopes in their inventory with nothing really to spend them on. We used to be able to use them on events for those people who couldn't spend nuggets to give a semblance of equity, but obviously that hurt the bottom line and was removed from the game. Apart from the above few items, bonds are really pretty pointless.

DeletedUser35003

Bonds are useful for:
Many people are hovering between 1900-2000 bonds (buying to keep under 2k) and have thousands of bonds in envelopes in their inventory with nothing really to spend them on.

And the fact of this matter is all the more reason it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY for bonds to be used in future events....

DeletedUser36559

Even though they are useful for Energy refills and HP potions, crafted items can let you achieve the same thing so it would be nice if Bonds could be used in atleast one Event a year.

DeletedUser35101

Think we could of used them in this yrs Valentines Event (same as last yr) for more spins.. but we couldn't of used them in this yr October fest event (which we could in yr before). In both Valentines and Dia de los Muertos event we could of bought that bag that gives us additional hearts / flowers in day.

But yes.. was also disappointed we couldn't of use then in this yr October event as we could last yr.. one of those events really should be with bonds.

DeletedUser34408

They were used this year (I think) as part of the Valentines Day Wheel (shaped as a rectangle), I think the Bartender Clothing Set was on offer.

DeletedUser26820

I agree with Micky12. At least ONE tombola event a year could/should incorporate the use of bonds.

But don't forget that when a L600+ crafter needs a gold plated cog wheel or habenero or what not to keep crafting, and there's not one on market, or there is one that's way of whack on price, there is ALWAYS one readily available in the bond shop that will be immediately delivered to your donkey sack.

Don't know what to do with bonds?
Wish I had that problem.... I've got ALL these bonds and don't know what to do with them. Ahem....
I've gotten about 18% xp gain from using bonds during the Traveling Fair to hit on xp potions. Others have confirmed hitting on Inno belts and gear chests. 25 bonds per spin. There's a use for them.

Bonds are not useless.... When I go to the Bond Shop for something, they save me nuggets, and I like saving my nuggets.

DeletedUser37520

Seems like you're able to use bonds to start new games now on the beta. However, you still can't bribe if you take the wrong card using bonds, effectively making it so that players using bonds can't get the high tier gear without being very lucky. It's better than nothing, but not even close to good enough.

DeletedUser35120

Seems like you're able to use bonds to start new games now on the beta. However, you still can't bribe if you take the wrong card using bonds, effectively making it so that players using bonds can't get the high tier gear without being very lucky. It's better than nothing, but not even close to good enough.

It was the same way last year

Btw, just found out out the big flower pot can only be bought with nuggets. It was buyable with bonds last year. Excellent Inno..

DeletedUser

Btw, just found out out the big flower pot can only be bought with nuggets. It was buyable with bonds last year. Excellent Inno.
Just looked in the shop and it says you can use Bonds or Nuggets to get the flowerpot.

DeletedUser35120

Yea.. it arrived a bit late in the up shop and is available to be bought with bonds.. in beta it wasn't.

DeletedUser35277

Is it possible to buy more than one big flower pot? :p
And if you did, would they both work?
Beta world Enewetak small flower pot supposedly rewarded, but has not appeared in
inventory, multiple players reporting this. Hope that doesn't happen here!

DeletedUser35120

It has already happened here and I've sent in a support ticket.