Bond shop Instructions

DeletedUser6752

In case anybody is in doubt about this, allow me to clear things up -

If you queue jobs using instructions you bought from the bond shop, you know that one count of the instructions disappears for each job you queue once the Instructions are activated.
While I think we all assume that we can't get them back, allow me to confirm that if you get KO'd while working any one of those jobs you queued, the instructions are gone, goodbye. I queued 5 jobs for which I needed over 230 extra LPs, in order to complete a quest, using Instructions I bought for 123 bonds.
Less than 15 minutes after I left town to begin the first job, I was dueled and got KO'd.
Back to the hotel, and kiss the instructions and the 123 bonds goodbye. Even if you don't actually get to USE them, they are history.

Just in case anybody was wondering.

DeletedUser

Less than 15 minutes after I left town to begin the first job, I was dueled and got KO'd.
Back to the hotel, and kiss the instructions and the 123 bonds goodbye. Even if you don't actually get to USE them, they are history.

instructions (or any other buff of this type) are actually used once you queue a job, not when you finish job. canceling job in any way will not bring them back. it was always like that.

that's why i only queue one job at the time when i have similar situation so my buff won't be wasted in case of KO.
next time, when in doubt ask. or you'll usually learn the hard way.

DeletedUser

I could see uses being refunded in the case of bond shop instructions, just like products are refunded if you're KOed while crafting, even though products are used at the start and not the end. It doesn't bother me that it's the case with crafted buffs, but buffs which you may have paid real money for are different.

DeletedUser6752

instructions (or any other buff of this type) are actually used once you queue a job, not when you finish job. canceling job in any way will not bring them back. it was always like that.

that's why i only queue one job at the time when i have similar situation so my buff won't be wasted in case of KO.
next time, when in doubt ask. or you'll usually learn the hard way.

Like I said, I only posted this here in case anybody else is in doubt as to what happens in a situation like this.
I could have queued only one job, but that would mean I'd have worked for one hour in-game, followed by several hours of sleep (and possibly having sleep ending) before I got home from work in the afternoon. I hardly ever get dueled during the work week, so I didn't think it would be a problem. In this game you take your chances, and I don't have a problem with that; I've KO'd many people without meaning to, and I don't assume it was a "malicious" duel, since he didn't back-to-back me (he didn't have to, actually) - but that doesn't take away from the sting of losing the use of all those bonds.

delldell56

i do the same as fafer, or make sure i am ko'd already before using instructions or gent's dinners. i didn't need anyone to tell me, it was common sense. if i would lose a slice of cake for the same reasons (cancelling after queueing, or getting ko'd), i figured by myself that would happen as well with those buffs. and since they are much more expensive than a piece of cake, i never take risks. i make sure i am not duelable, i am correctly geared and i really want and am ready to queue the job. common sense won't kill you or cost you.

DeletedUser6752

I hadn't intended to suggest it as a change - as stated above (more than once) I only wanted to put this info out there for people who weren't sure if this would happen or not - just to try to help someone avoid having the same thing happen to them, if possible.
But apparently I'm the only player stupid enough to think there might be anybody out there who wasn't already sure about it ... at least according to delldell56.
A generous golf clap for him.
As for me, I didn't have the 8 hours to spare to get KO'd, then build up enough energy to do the jobs I wanted, and THEN activate the instructions. But once again, I suppose that's just another of my shortcomings. That, and not having lost a buff via KO at any time previous to this, as well as not randomly worrying what would happen if I did.
As I ALSO stated above, I don't get dueled very often, and even then only on weekends, so the chance of having it happen on a Tuesday night wasn't exactly foremost in my mind.

DeletedUser13020

That definitely does sucks for you man, but thanks for the info. I had no idea thats how the buffs were used up.

DeletedUser

I'll say this, this problem is a lot more frequent then you'd think. I'm glad to see finally that someone got around to putting this up. hopefully now this'll lessen the confusion of how they're used. As for changes to it, the only thing I can honestly foresee happening is maybe a warning added or a new type of definition that explains the usage. I doubt they'd ever actually change how the buff works.

DeletedUser

Maybe now Inno will differentiate between items purchased with real money and items crafted or bought on the market. This is a business, pay your money get your product. I'm glad this discussion was opened to warn others and hopefully change the system.