Bond Conversion.

Discussion in 'Ideas & Brainfarts' started by amokage, Nov 6, 2013.

Share This Page

1. amokage

amokage Member

Proposal

Due to the bond cap, I am proposing a way to cash in your bonds and keep them as bond letters in your inventory for when you need them. This will allow players to bank their bonds when they get too many of them and save them for special occasions.

Current Workaround

Players get to 2000 bonds and have to spend some in order to keep collecting them daily, preventing them from collecting more than 2000 at any time.

Details

At any time, players will be able to cash in their bonds for a bond letter. The cost will be either 20% of their bonds (for example to get a 1000 bond letter, the player needs to cash in 1200 bonds) or pay an amount of nuggets (to be decided by Inno but a suggestion could be 5% of the total number of bonds to be cashed in). Players can cash in at major amounts to get one of the following bond letters: 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 with the remaining un-cashed bonds remaining on account as usual. Either that or the Bond Conversion can be done like a monthly quest where a place can be assigned for this conversion and also if it is not a problem,the method of tax pay can be made in 2 choices(Bonds or nugget),by presenting this 2 choices to a player,he can decide if he wishes to use his nugget for it or bonds for it.

Abuse Prevention

The Bond letters will NOT be sellable or transfer-able from player to player.Luckily with the many tombolas we have in a year,the thought of stacking trillions of bonds won't be a problem as it would be spent most definitely.Players can theoretically collect thousands of bonds letters, beyond the current 2000 bond limit,but the cap remains at 2000.

Visual Aids

Normal bond letters can be used with no need for any new visuals

Summary

Players are currently restricted by a 2000 bond maximum limit and this idea would allow players to bank bonds for a rainy day by either using some of their bonds or premium nuggets to cash in their bonds.

Administration

Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
    Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    ViriM likes this.
  2. Gandalf Greyhame

Gandalf Greyhame Well-Known Member

You should put it into format (http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=30480) but i really, really like this idea! Saving up a ton of bonds in preparation for an event is difficult with the cap. Though i suppose, much the same thing could be accomplished by just removing the bond cap.

3. s3b-1q

s3b-1q Guest

Yes, removing the limit is the best solution. +1 for that!

4. DanteNightroad

DanteNightroad Well-Known Member

but if they remove the limit it will let them price things for more than 2000 bonds

5. ViriM

ViriM Well-Known Member

Already have share my thoughts as non premium. So Yes from me.

6. dissembler

dissembler Well-Known Member

the limit is fine as it is.. but i do like idea of smaller numbers being allowed to be converted.. 50-200 maybe

7. Cameahwait

Cameahwait Guest

I think the idea is great, but, would suggest the banking of bonds part be a premium option only and not a bond option as any "privilege" like that should be paid for, like the other premium functions.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  8. ilianvs

ilianvs Member

I like the idea. "Yes" from me.

9. Motag8tor

Motag8tor Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of this one. Though let's be honest, I don't plan on saving up over 2k in bonds myself any time soon.

Introvert Mj likes this.
  10. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Guest

sounds very useful to me.

11. Cro Sharpshooter

Cro Sharpshooter Well-Known Member

Doubt I'll ever get to 2k but eh why not, shouldn't be hard to implement and would be useful to some players.

12. Medfly

Medfly Well-Known Member

Y...e...s... :eek:fficer:

13. Sater

Sater Member

Great idea, go for it!

Not having a bond cap would be even better, like what GG said, but this idea would be a great alternative.

Yes from me!

14. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

I really don't see why it should be premium. Taxes on anything are paid in the same currency which is being taxed. Saying the tax should be paid in nuggets is like saying your income tax in the US should be paid in Canadian currency.

15. Cameahwait

Cameahwait Guest

I suggested nuggets as there has to be something in it for Inno in order for them to do this. They would lose nugget use on tombolas if people stockpiled bonds.

16. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

People who would stockpile bonds are not the people who spend tens of thousands of nuggets on tombolas. Sales help bleed bonds. Tombolas every few months don't give much time to stockpile anyway.

17. Cameahwait

Cameahwait Guest

Also, the bank your cash feature costs nuggets and not in game money, so why not the bank your bonds feature?

18. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

If you pay it in bonds, you don't get to keep all your bonds. If you pay it in nuggets you do get to keep all your bonds. Since your goal is to keep your bonds, paying in nuggets seems like an advantage, not a penalty.

19. abedy

abedy Guest

like you get 1000 bonds a day.(sarcasm) wake up. West turned into Tombola fest, they are making */ loads of money of it, so don't encourage them in implementing another stupid premiums please

20. Cameahwait

Cameahwait Guest

That is my point.