Passed Blacksmith

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

New Building - Blacksmith

Level 1 - allows 5% faster horse speed
Level 2 - allows 10% faster horse speed
Level 3 - allows 20% faster horse speed
Level 4 - allows upgrading of weapons from Rusty to regular weapon
Level 5 - allows upgrading of weapons from regular to Sharp/Precise

The Blacksmith would almost function as a Quest Giver in order to partake of it's benefits. To make the requirements fair for melee and ranged players I suggest the following:

For faster horses:

• Melee would have to bring 4 horseshoes to the blacksmith. Job Shoeing Horses - 92 difficulty and 22% product find
  • Ranged would have to bring 3 maps to the blacksmith. Job Exploration - 111 difficulty, 15% product find
Restrictions:

• Upgraded horse speed is horse specific for the one you have equipped. If you buy a new horse you have to upgrade that horse by giving the blacksmith the required products.
  • There will also be a fee to upgrade your horse. The price would be 10% of the purchase price of your horse.
  • If you upgrade the same horse from 5% to 10% the percentages are not cumulative. Your horse will not be 15% faster, only 10% faster from its normal speed.
For weapon upgrades:

• Melee would bring the blacksmith 10 Iron Rods. Job Iron Mining, Difficulty 176, 38% product find.
  • Ranged would bring 5 Dynamite. Job Transporting Ammo, Difficulty 144, 5% product find.
Restrictions:

• Weapon upgrades are weapon specific for what you have equipped. If you buy a new weapon you must upgrade the new weapon separately.
  • There will be an additional fee to upgrade your weapon. If you upgrade a Rusty to a regular weapon, the fee will be the difference between the 2 purchase prices of that weapon. Example: Rusty Razor to Razor. Rusty Razor costs $64, Razor costs $146. You will be charged $82 to upgrade the Rusty Razor.
  • You can not upgrade a Rusty Razor to a Sharp Razor. You must first upgrade it to Razor. Then you can upgrade it to Sharp Razor.
  • You must meet the minimum level requirements in order to carry your new weapon. If you do not you will not be allowed to upgrade the weapon.
Foreigners can use the services and it would work like a regular shop. The last 2 completed levels of the Blacksmith would not be accessible to foreigners (they can't upgrade weapons). Foreigners would pay 4x the regular fee but the number of products to be gotten remains the same. A percentage of services purchased by foreigners would go to the treasury.

An example of how it would work:

You go to the blacksmith because you want to make your Pony go 10% faster. You click on the Blacksmith and he will ask you if you are there to have your horse fitted or for weapon upgrades. You choose the horse fitting 10% faster option. At this point you will get a quest like screen. The blacksmith will say something like "Bring me 4 horseshoes and $50" and the reward would be your Pony gets 10% faster speed tacked on to its current speed. You go out and do Shoeing Horses until you have 4 horseshoes and make sure you have $50. You go back to the blacksmith, open up the quest like window again and click 'Complete Transaction" or something like that. Your Pony will now have a speed of 60% rather than 50%. The horseshoes and $50 is deducted from your inventory and bank account.

It is just a basic outline. I know it needs tweaked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

Since this idea seems to have been discussed to down to the letter we will skip the discussion period here...

DeletedUser

The only thing that still bothers me a bit is that the five dynamite is much harder to find than 10 iron rods, not taking into account that most players would want to keep all the dynamite they ever find to do quests (The Raid or Soldier quest line)...

Maybe elixir could be used? It's also a good job for shooters, and less hard to find (and not used in quests)... :)

DeletedUser

Foreigners can use the services and it would work like a regular shop. The last 2 completed levels of the Blacksmith would not be accessible to foreigners (they can't upgrade weapons). Foreigners would pay 4x the regular fee but the number of products to be gotten remains the same. A percentage of services purchased by foreigners would go to the treasury.

Would the above remain the same, given that foreigners now see all items in all shops?

DeletedUser

I really like this idea, but agree on the part about dynamite being hard to find. I can't think of a suitable replacement, but not the elixir as that is not really available to most duellers til later level. Horn of a cow, maybe? If you make the item too high level - elixir - you negate the opportunity for low'ish level characters to upgrade their items.

I would like to suggest items like pitchforks and sickles ... hard to get products but available in an easy job. This will mean that early low level players get a chance to upgrade their rusty weapons too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For faster horses:

Ranged
the other product could be a saddle, is much harder to find than map but not if you can do the job Stealing Horses :)

anyway, i like the idea

DeletedUser

I think it is a bad idea as it would give duels who already have a HUGE advantage more, I think it should be a BIG NO.

DeletedUser

I think it is a bad idea as it would give duels who already have a HUGE advantage more, I think it should be a BIG NO.

Oh yeah, maybe duellers and soldiers should be prohibited from buying new weapons too... :huh:

DeletedUser

never said that, all I am saying is that there is no checks or balances in this game and bullies would just be getting more advantages over lower level players and this would be giving them a huge one.

getting weapons already made in stores is fine.

DeletedUser

I LOVE the animal speed part, but I don't understand why anyone would want to use the weapons part [and if no one uses it, what is the point of having it.]
Basically what ADVANTAGE is there to spending all the time getting the job products & the extra money to upgrade there weapon, RATHER than simply save up enough money to straight out buy the better weapon??? With the low drop rates, I think it would be roughly the same or maybe even faster to simply do high $ jobs and buy the better weapon.

I would STRONGLY suggest adjusting the blacksmith to animal speed only at 5% per level [with a building max of 5 or 10 levels]. IF you want a weapons function, than make it something you can't buy to make it worthwhile, like maybe increasing weapon damage by 2 or 5% per level. [2% increase of min/max weapon damage], 5% bigger range [3% lower damage to 5% higher damage].

Also, if it is a black smith, shouldn't stuff like coal, sledgehammer/hammer, and iron rods ALWAYS Be needed [at least for building the blacksmith. [Basically make it so other than hotel / mortician ALL buildings need products to build [like fort buildings do].

DeletedUser

never said that, all I am saying is that there is no checks or balances in this game and bullies would just be getting more advantages over lower level players and this would be giving them a huge one.

getting weapons already made in stores is fine.

it is not like you can't up your weapon. its a fare game no one is prohibited to upgrade their weapons. upgrade your weapon and you can defend yourself against anyone.
and about checks and balances grow up life is not checked by anyone or balanced some people are best at somethings and some are not. this games is about a person you control in the wild west.

Status
Not open for further replies.