Blacklist

• Thread starter DeletedUser7100
  • Start date

DeletedUser7100

Proposal
I would like the idea of having a blacklist for the market and your town.

Current Workaround
Anyone can buy anything off the world market or walk into a town and purchase something from the stores.

Details
I would like to create a blacklist that could be either a person, town or an entire alliance. The blacklist would make it so that individuals could not purchase something from you, your town, your alliance towns or from the alliance market. That way, if two alliances are feuding, or a town feels that they are getting abused by another, they can restrict who is able to buy from them. A player could put someone in a list of who can't buy from them. So if one person continues to duel you, you could lock them out from buying from you. A town hat could lock out a player or town from being able to buy anything from the town market or town stores. An alliance town leader could lock out a player, town or alliance from being able to buy anything from there alliance.

Summary
Players would benefit because they could now have an additional way of getting back at a player, town or alliance by restricting the ability to trade.

DeletedUser33342

So you want to prevent that someone from another alliance buys something from your alliance market or townmarket which is already impossible?

DeletedUser7100

So you want to prevent that someone from another alliance buys something from your alliance market or townmarket which is already impossible?

If I set it so only someone in my alliance wants to buy something, then I know that someone from outside can't.

I am saying that if I want to offer something out to the world, but I don't want someone from Town X or Alliance X to be able to buy it then they can't, but then have it available for the rest of the world.

DeletedUser33342

You won't get support from me.
What do you want to say? I don't want him or her to have these pants but anyone else can? They'll get it anyway. It's an open market.

DeletedUser

No. There should be no exclusions for items posted on the world market. Those items should be fair game to the highest bidder ( bid items ) or first purchaser ( immediate purchase items ).

DeletedUser33353

Ditto, if u wish someone to get it........post while u are both online, etc.

DeletedUser14192

Ditto, if u wish someone to get it........post while u are both online, etc.

Which I think is technically against The-West rules.

The-West.net Official Wiki said:
§6) Pushing
Pushing refers to an exploitative use of ingame features to provide experience, cash, and/or items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash. Additionally, it is prohibited to create secondary accounts in order to provide or receive unmerited rewards via the referral system.

But I like the 'idea' of a blacklist, but then all you'll get is people black listing people just to be a bunch of Joffery's.

Deleted User - 1278415

Thumbs down. Horrible idea. If every store had the same things in it I would have a different view. But since some stores only have a few of each item, it makes it difficult to find a town to let you join that also has what you want to buy at that momemnt.

I'm a big fan of the town looking for members postings. I search the towns that are letting people join without talking to a hat. I buy what I need as a member and leave a small town deposit in the treasury.

On older worlds as towns get fewer and fewer, an open trade system is crucial or else you have to reopen ghost towns.

Which I think is technically against The-West rules.

The game has built in ways of making sure you are not pushing the item to users. You can also open a ghost town and have the other player join your new town and trade amongst town members.

Example named items have to be sold for full cost to the person you are trading with.

Also later this year the roadmaps shows that the devs are working on P2P Trade

Make it possible to transfer or trade items directly between 2 players
Push the friends bar by allowing them to directly trade items only with friends/town members

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=54579

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What the heck are you on about, how can it possibly be against the rules for two players to be online at the same time??? :laugh:

I think he read,
"a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade... "
and blanked out
"...to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of...."

As for the blacklist idea, i think it a mean-spirited, childish idea that goes against good sportsmanship & is a bad example of behaviour to the younger players. Besides, i'd be more satisfied with taking their money & never buying anything from them.