Black Mountain Ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ayt! :)

Thanks! I'll be saving up now... I've been doing Trading with Indians and Transporting Ammunition vice versa for about 2 days now...

Im still hoping to find more good items.. :)

DeletedUser

I will chose the 2nd decision later...
For the simple reason that it's the best one!
In the first, you get some money, a hat, and 10 skill pts assigned to 2 skills...
In the second you get MORE money with a Mustang (which you also get in another quest) and 1 attribute point and 5 skill points already preassigned.
In the 3rd you get hat + 10 free skill points...

It's obvious the second decision is the best, sell the mustang (you could already have a better horse, or the mustang from the level 30 quest) and you have about 11300 munniez...
Then, you can REASSIGN the attribute point + skills, or even reassign 10 skill points, reassigning one every day costs you 500 overall...
That means you will have 10800 left if you Reassign your skills per day, even if you reassing the attribute point.
You are left with more money, the same hat, same XP, and practically 10 free skill points, because you were left with more money than from the first decision...
So?

DeletedUser

But 10 skill points is quite a bit better than 5 skill points and an attribute point.

DeletedUser

defeating jacob was bit more difficult than mugridge..
after you hit him three or four time... and you analyse the report..you find that that the strategy does not change every time.. they repeat in a sequence.. so you have to dodge accordingly.. and then you beat jacob..

the first time i hit him mugridge.. he hit me hard.. then i went back to the town.. hit him again.. and repeated the same procedure as with jacob and then beat him..

regarding the choice.. i simply chose the first one.. as it did seem more honorable.. and also the specs were exactly the ones i needed after the quest-line..

DeletedUser

Can you give me tips on ho to defeat Jacob and Mudridge? Like where to Dodge or Aim? =)

DeletedUser

sorry staind.. it was some time back.. and deleted all the duel reports..
but then try various combos.. experiment.... it is worth the effort..

DeletedUser

Can you give me tips on ho to defeat Jacob and Mudridge? Like where to Dodge or Aim? =)

Duel him once, then if you loose change your dodging and aiming to compensate for his hits and your misses and you'll cream him :D

DeletedUser

I defeated jacob on the 2nd try. 1st time he hit me -326 and i did -45

2nd try: I added 3 SP into dodging and 1 AP into mobility. I dont remember where i aimed but i dodged down, down, down, down. I had 35 dodging(with bonus).

My equipment:

Fancy felt hat
Yellow checkerd shirt
Fancy work shoes
Yellow shawl
Whip

Results: he hit me...actually he didnt hit me (-0) and i hit him 3 times and did -46 damage.

DeletedUser

The first time you try any of the higher class quest NPCs: duck x4. If he doesn't aim at the head 4 times, you should survive to try again now that you know his stance.

DeletedUser

define "higher class" ? a lvl50 could be called lower class by a lvl99 player.
thanks

DeletedUser

I could not figure out which post you were talking about...lol, mine. The lower level class duels that I've done are pretty easy, no matter how you're specced. I had no problems with Gui-Kate with a trader. Starting with the scoundrels in the adventurer quests they get harder. Mr. Brown in the worker quests is also harder, especially when he's sober. I can't speak for the dueler and soldier quests, because I haven't done them.

DeletedUser

hate the quoting sorry.
im doing this quest now,just reopened for lvl 30 for me today. cant remember all i beat so far. but, what i was asking is when do i hit these higher lvl npcs you mentioned. from the viewpoint of a lvl1 player im high ,but to you im low.
your perception of high/low may not be the same as others.

DeletedUser

ok thanks,
yes im adventurer mostly a shooter/trapper but my goal isnt to be pure but to finish all quest.so far i can finish them before next ones start. i stay ahead on quest and save up items before i even need them. so im lvl30 on lvl30 quests.
so then i fall into low/mid lvl then . lol

DeletedUser

ok thanks,
yes im adventurer mostly a shooter/trapper but my goal isnt to be pure but to finish all quest.so far i can finish them before next ones start. i stay ahead on quest and save up items before i even need them. so im lvl30 on lvl30 quests.
so then i fall into low/mid lvl then . lol

If you're a trapper/shooter, you should be fine. I put off Jacob and Mugridge myself, and didn't do them until level 52, so I probably had an easier time than you will. I did 4x duck and 4x head with both and did 900+ damage to Jacob and KO'ed Mugridge.

DeletedUser

cool, looking at the items needed before you get there im gonna get hung up getting the whiskey. that job is like 200ep above me, no way to buy items really to make that jump,or atleast at a decent cost.see why you waited like 20lvls to do it.may have to do same.

DeletedUser

check weststats.com, I believe there's a quest in the adventurer questline to get you the whisky bottle.

DeletedUser

yes but it looks like it is step after the one you need it lol. i should have everything but that tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.