Birthers and the Obama Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Don't know what a Birther is? It's a group of conservatives that are convinced Barack Obama is not eligible to be President of the United States because of his birth status. They believe that instead of being born in Hawaii that he was born in Kenya. The US Constitution prohibits anyone that isn't a natural born citizen from being president.

Time and time again Obama's birth certificate has been put on display. Hawaii has repeatedly confirmed there is a birth certificate on record for him. Witnesses have stated they know he was born in Hawaii. Journalists have investigated and have held his actual birth certificate in their hands, further debunking this myth. Obama has posted a copy of his birth certificate online for all to see. Apparently this is not enough.

What sort of evidence are Birthers looking for? Come on, I know some of you are out there. Let's hear from you.

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter if he was born in Kenya, as long as one of his parents was an American citizen. A natural born citizen is the opposite of a naturalized citizen. It doesn't matter where he was born so there's no reason to fake it.

DeletedUser

What is with all these conspiracy threads popping up lately. I guess D&D is running out of actual topics to discuss.

DeletedUser

There are quite a lot of conspiracy theories out there about a wide range of issues. This one seems to be the newest taking hold by getting national attention from the likes of Lou Dobbs and even getting a congressman to support a bill requiring anyone running for presidential office to provide proof of their eligibility by submitting a birth certificate.

DeletedUser

I like conspiracy theories I got cut off the radio once for talking about... <snip>

DeletedUser

something I don't get though if you went to the DMV and they asked for your birth certificate and you told them to go see the copy of it on your website they would look at you like you were some kind of loon. I don't see why people don't see that in Obama?

DeletedUser13682

I think birthers are jealous. they wanted to see hillary or john in the office. I bet almost all of them who started it are white supremacist and neo nazi groups.

DeletedUser

something I don't get though if you went to the DMV and they asked for your birth certificate and you told them to go see the copy of it on your website they would look at you like you were some kind of loon. I don't see why people don't see that in Obama?

Going to the DMV and running for the President of the United States, surprisingly enough, aren't the same thing.

DeletedUser

Going to the DMV and running for the President of the United States, surprisingly enough, aren't the same thing.

and anther question for you why has no hospital come out and said "Obama was born here" I think haveing your president born in your hospital would be a big thing.

O and FYI don't use snopes.com for any of your information about which hospital Obama was born in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlu3_TaJaCs

DeletedUser

For one thing, there's a much shorter line for the latter. It's also much more expensive than the former.

and anther question for you why has no hospital come out and said "Obama was born here" I think haveing your president born in your hospital would be a big thing.

O and FYI don't use snopes.com for any of your information about which hospital Obama was born in.

I repeat. If he was born in Kenya, it doesn't matter. His mother is an American citizen, so he is a natural born American citizen.

DeletedUser

Gizmo, Hawaii has said he was born there. His family says he was born there. He has a birth certificate that people have actually held in their hands and examined that says he was born there.

What was Obama to do? Mail a copy of his BC to every person on the planet? He did what he could which was put it on his website. He has provided his BC to everyone that needed to see it to confirm its authenticity. He does not have to go on Lou Dobbs and say "here, here it is yet freaking again".

Apparently Hawaii, the Supreme Court, Obama's family, and too many journalists to count are all lying. Lying about something, as Elmyr pointed out, does not matter.

DeletedUser

Ummm Gizmo, do you think when Obama was born that they were all like "Oh look, we just had a future president born in our hospital". No. That is a ridiculous expectation even coming from you.

DeletedUser

Dee, silly, you know Giz did not mean it that way. And he is right, hospitals do use information like that. Hospitals are big business and that is just another marketing ploy they can use. As far as this whole conspiracy malarkey I guess some people are easier to dupe than others. P.T. Barnum said it best.

DeletedUser

As far as this whole conspiracy malarkey I guess some people are easier to dupe than others. P.T. Barnum said it best.

Not exactly the same. The dupes aren't generally people who voted for and supported Obama and then said "omg, he's not an American? I'm not supporting him anymore!" Instead of focusing on real issues, they choose to sensationalize non-issues.

DeletedUser

Something that contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion (but not the only post that does!), if Obama had been born about 2 years earlier, it wouldn't have mattered whether he was born in Hawaii, Kenya or on the moon.

DeletedUser

Gizmo, Hawaii has said he was born there. His family says he was born there. He has a birth certificate that people have actually held in their hands and examined that says he was born there.

What was Obama to do? Mail a copy of his BC to every person on the planet? He did what he could which was put it on his website. He has provided his BC to everyone that needed to see it to confirm its authenticity. He does not have to go on Lou Dobbs and say "here, here it is yet freaking again".

Apparently Hawaii, the Supreme Court, Obama's family, and too many journalists to count are all lying. Lying about something, as Elmyr pointed out, does not matter.

The funny thing is that B.O has never provided an actual Birth Certificate. He supplied a Certification of Live Birth, which is essentially a form which affirms that the actual Birth Certificate exists, and is on file.

It wouldn't be the first time that political pressure has been brought to bear on a person to cause them to falsify a document.

This whole 'conspiracy' could be laid completely to rest if B.O were to spend the 25 dollars to get a certified copy of his actual Long form Birth Cert.

Whether it's an issue or not, it's an easy dispute to resolve, and I'm actually curious as to why he's refused to do so,

DeletedUser

Something that contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion (but not the only post that does!), if Obama had been born about 2 years earlier, it wouldn't have mattered whether he was born in Hawaii, Kenya or on the moon.

Don't you mean 2 years LATER?

DeletedUser

He hasn't refused to do so. He provided an electronically scanned copy of his birth certificate on his website. Other people have also gotten a copy of his birth certificate. How many times does Hawaii have to say they have his birth certificate and that he was born there. I've seen his birth certificate being held by journalists on television many times.

So basically you are saying the Supreme Court and Hawaii are in this conspiracy and it started decades ago. Brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.