Biggest pet peeves on The West?

DeletedUser33353

One again, been a few days, so I have one...actually two.

1) When in chat during a Fort Fight, sometimes I have to constantly keep clicking on the text-bar or what I type doesn't register AND if I'm not paying attention and press delete (backspace) the game kicks me OUT! Very annoying, especially when the FF-leader is giving orders in a tight-spot.

2) I am now Lvl-120 and yet a lot of the Daily Quests that have just been unlocked, I cannot do because the minimum-levels are 121-125 or even worse and I have nowhere near the amount of LP needed to unlock those jobs.

1. Depends on the browser....firefox is notorious for doing that...after a few minutes, it always shows me offline........good for dueling though.

2. Can not comment on that, never had that problem that I can remember.

DeletedUser35120

1. Depends on the browser....firefox is notorious for doing that...after a few minutes, it always shows me offline........good for dueling though.

You remember we found a solution for that with a script, Kidd?

DeletedUser35520

the chests from events... they are all useless. I wish we had an option to exchange them for ANY scarf or hat. But when you get one after spending nuggets, they are a good reminder not to spend anymore

DeletedUser36559

Why is there a 1k letter bond in 800 nugget option when we can't even use bonds? Seems like a direct exchange from nuggets to bonds :D

Abydos1

clothing issues

How about the work clothes button takes forever to load? I end up having to use cloth calc to see what clothes are best for the job and we all know it's not entirely accurate...wonder if they are ever going to fix it. :hmf:

DeletedUser36192

the chests from events... they are all useless. I wish we had an option to exchange them for ANY scarf or hat. But when you get one after spending nuggets, they are a good reminder not to spend anymore

Is there any possibility that we could remove chests and reskill potions from the tombolas. I genuinely hate getting letters, chests and pots when i spend good money for items. It's gotten extremely annoying.

DeletedUser22685

Is there any possibility that we could remove chests and reskill potions from the tombolas. I genuinely hate getting letters, chests and pots when i spend good money for items. It's gotten extremely annoying.

We've been saying the same thing since the very first tombola, but all complaints/suggestions have fallen on deaf ears. I have four potions of a new beginning, three of which I won in 800 nugget spins. I could've reskilled fully for a quarter of that price and an insignificant amount of cash. It just really makes no sense to have those potions in there when they're completely useless for anyone who has 800 nuggets to spare on a tombola spin.

DeletedUser

The way I see it is, they don't want to let too many 'good' items out there, so they throw some completely useless crap into the mix. Not exactly fair when you consider people are spending their hard-earned cash on these, keeping the company alive. You'd think they would treat their customers with a little more respect. :hmf:

DeletedUser34295

Putting money into this game is NOT supposed to guarantee me exactly what I want - if that was the case they'd just open a shop instead of the tombola. Everyone knows what the risks are when putting money into the tombola, and if you can't handle getting things you don't need - then don't spend the money on playing the tombola! It's pretty simple in my opinion. People sound so greedy when they spend money on a tombola they KNOW can give them items they don't need, and then complain when it does!

I think the potions are nice! I've won two of them this tombola, and that's awesome since I plan on reskilling at least twice. Now I won't have to buy them when the time comes, and since it was an 800 nugget spin, I've saved 400 nuggets total when winning these two, since they normally cost 1000 nuggets each! :)

DeletedUser37520

Putting money into this game is NOT supposed to guarantee me exactly what I want - if that was the case they'd just open a shop instead of the tombola. Everyone knows what the risks are when putting money into the tombola, and if you can't handle getting things you don't need - then don't spend the money on playing the tombola! It's pretty simple in my opinion. People sound so greedy when they spend money on a tombola they KNOW can give them items they don't need, and then complain when it does!

I think the potions are nice! I've won two of them this tombola, and that's awesome since I plan on reskilling at least twice. Now I won't have to buy them when the time comes, and since it was an 800 nugget spin, I've saved 400 nuggets total when winning these two, since they normally cost 1000 nuggets each! :)

The problem is that Potion of a new beginning is not even worth close to the 1000 nuggets they're charging for it, and it should therefore not be in 800 nuggets category. With my character in level 129, I could reskill for the price of 180 000 dollars and 180 nuggets with the help of the Shaman. This makes it fairly obvious that it's an incredible overpriced item and something that should both be removed from the current tombola category but also get it price lowered to 600.

I would never play try a spin on the 800 nuggets category, simply because some of the prices are a rip-off and their value isn't even close to what you're paying for them. When you pay that much money on something, you want to at least get something that's worth close to what you paid for it, not an item that isn't even worth half of it. I think it would be way better if the potion got removed and replaced Potion of Forgetfulness in the 150 nuggets category. It would be a pretty good prize to win then, and it would probably both increase user satisfaction while at the same time giving InnoGames more money because of it.

DeletedUser

Putting money into this game is NOT supposed to guarantee me exactly what I want - if that was the case they'd just open a shop instead of the tombola.
That wasn't my argument. My argument was - pretty much the same as Bolters said above - some of the prizes in the 800 Nuggets category are complete crap and are not worth anywhere near 800 Nuggets. If all the prizes were worthy of the price-tag then if you win something that you do not need or want, at least you knew the risks, but the prize was worth it. But to put prizes in which are not worth the 800 Nuggets is like having a real-life tombola, charging people a lot of money for it and then some of the prizes would be a tin of beans or something. My argument is, make all of the prizes worth 800 Nuggets.

DeletedUser34295

Thing is, that's how real tombolas work too. If you go to the fair, a tombola ticket is approx. 1-5 dollars depending on how many numbers/tickets you want, but the lowest value price is usually some little fluffy toy or a small candy bar not worth even 1 dollar. So it's actually JUST like a real tombola.

DeletedUser36559

Premium chest, bond letter and reskill potion should be removed from that 800 category completely, I have no idea why they are still there and my luck on getting them seems to be very high. These 3 items can be obtained by other means without the tombola so why are they rewards in a tombola!?

DeletedUser34295

Again, because tombolas are not supposed to be a guaranteed unique item! Just like in real life, you might win a piece of chocolate bar in a tombola. Would you throw it in their face and yell "I CAN GET THIS AT THE STORE WHY IS THIS THE PRICE?!"? I sure hope not, lol.

DeletedUser37520

Again, because tombolas are not supposed to be a guaranteed unique item! Just like in real life, you might win a piece of chocolate bar in a tombola. Would you throw it in their face and yell "I CAN GET THIS AT THE STORE WHY IS THIS THE PRICE?!"? I sure hope not, lol.

Why this empathize on having it to be just like in real life? Usually when you're playing on a tombola in real life, the price the price is a couple of euros, here it costs 15-20 euros depending on the prize category you've bought the nuggets from. It's also often a one-time thing when you're at the tombola, and not really thinking about whether you get value out of that specific tombola or not but more about the general experience as a whole.

Here on the other hand, you're playing on the tombola because you want some new nice items, not because you want to have a fun time with your family and/or friends. Therefore you should also be guaranteed some kind of value from it, so you're not just wasting it on some worthless piece of gear that you didn't need or wanted.

DeletedUser33353

I usually do not bother with tombolas besides the free/lower priced spins....but, what Wondertje says is completely true on how they work in real life.

DeletedUser36979

It is very simple, if you don't like the crap from chests, stop buying nuggets.

It is all about the money, and when their poor choices starts effecting the bottomline, they will evaluate and change, and we might no longer get grey rags from chests that could cost you 25 gold ;)

Ingame cash (pretzels for this event) doesn't earn the company any money, and we get them for free, use those... sure, it will be hard getting all the sets collected, but no cash will be wasted on the event. Go grab a beer or five for the cash instead :laugh: