Biggest pet peeves on The West?

DeletedUser

Just following up on my earlier post about unfair Duellers following Workers and Adventurers around when they are doing jobs.
My mate arranged a fair duel while he had duelling clothes on. The guy didn't show, so my mate went to his position.
The guy had his duelling gear on. My mate put his duelling gear on and fought him.
Result? My mate - an Adventurer MASSACRED the dude - a Dueller! :laugh::shootout::up:
Haven't laughed so hard in ages. Proves a point though. These people are scared of a fair fight, so they hunt down Adventurers and Workers who only have work clothes on and they avoid people who can win. :hmf:

DeletedUser22685

Pet Peeve turned to Global Reward: I gave the GM Team of Briscoe an opportunity to host a global challenge regarding luck hunts. No answer from them. I'm hosting it. We're better off without the GM Team this time around. Maybe they can take some notes and host the next one.

So I guess my Pet Peeve is: Wake up, GM Team..... toons are doing your job for you on your declining population servers.

I'm not sure what you're asking for now. Players have hosted independent in-world events/competitions in the past with no involvement from the GM team. I'm sure the team is busy planning for the future and this may not have fit in with their plans. They can't be expected to respond to every player's request/demand for assistance with a particular event. If it's recognition you're after, I can tell you that your efforts and activity are appreciated and I think your event is a great concept.

DeletedUser26820

Thanks, Futu.
As I don't play other worlds, I have no way of being aware that other players are hosting independent, intra-world events on their servers that could tax the GM Team for energy, resources, prizes, etc.

Now, my biggest Pet Peeve on The West is not getting a better drop ratio of The Outlaw's set from loot chests relative to other drops...

As with everything else, I'll deal with it..... but it's still a Peave as Kidd is no longer caddying for me...

DeletedUser35520

Thanks, Futu.
As I don't play other worlds, I have no way of being aware that other players are hosting independent, intra-world events on their servers that could tax the GM Team for energy, resources, prizes, etc.

Now, my biggest Pet Peeve on The West is not getting a better drop ratio of The Outlaw's set from loot chests relative to other drops...

As with everything else, I'll deal with it..... but it's still a Peave as Kidd is no longer caddying for me...

not sure how your drop rate is, but i normally get 1 outlaw item in about every 3 chests

DeletedUser26820

Good to hear, RTB, but I think your drop rate of The Outlaw's set from a loot chest is well above the average norm.

I'll wait to open any more loot chests until I get 12 and try to remember to let you know if I hit Outlaw's gear on 3 of them.

Of course, by that time, I will have worked a 60-hour week, slept for about 30-hours, gotten drunk more than once and have had sex for about 2-minutes.

Respectfully, your drop rate of 33% of Outlaw's gear from a loot chest is not a Biggest Pet Peeve of the West.... other than that I'm envious.

DeletedUser36559

When you wait 10 minutes for an adventure and your team is OP so one player in the other team says 'sorry' (or nothing) in the pre-game lobby chat and leaves, you wait another 10 minutes and the same thing happens so 20 minutes has already been wasted trying to play a game, 30 minutes later the other team is too OP and no-one in your team leaves :)

True Story.

DeletedUser22685

Thanks, Futu.

The GM masters and rangers have no current projects as far as I'm aware, and I doubt any players are running large scale events either. I only meant that historically - when things were more active - players have hosted similar things. I only know of one occasion where the mod team got involved (there was no such thing as GM back then), and that was only because a mod who played that world took an active interest in it.

DeletedUser35520

Good to hear, RTB, but I think your drop rate of The Outlaw's set from a loot chest is well above the average norm.

I'll wait to open any more loot chests until I get 12 and try to remember to let you know if I hit Outlaw's gear on 3 of them.

Of course, by that time, I will have worked a 60-hour week, slept for about 30-hours, gotten drunk more than once and have had sex for about 2-minutes.

Respectfully, your drop rate of 33% of Outlaw's gear from a loot chest is not a Biggest Pet Peeve of the West.... other than that I'm envious.

well my pet peeve in regards to that is actually the adventures themselves, as there is only the same old one... So i buy lots chests and that ratio has been holding steady for quite while, at least 30 loot chests or more. certainly that does not mean im not due for a zero out of ten streak

DeletedUser

Fort battles being full - How can a battle be full - just as well it didnt happen on D Day - Sorry sir you cant join D Day the beach is full

DeletedUser33353

Full battles are good...just makes you get off of your duff and be better skilled to be ranked. Or, are you referring to drafted servicemen on the beach?

DeletedUser36559

Full Fort Battles can get annoying when you are always offline for that particular time but I'd rather have an onliner take my spot and do more damage/ take hits for the team then me being an offline fodder.

DeletedUser35120

Fort battles being full - How can a battle be full - just as well it didnt happen on D Day - Sorry sir you cant join D Day the beach is full

Fort battles have a capacity set in place due to various reasons. First is balance of the fight, 2nd is the mechanism.. 3rd, the server cannot support unlimited people in a fort battle.. in a full medium battle with 184 people, people complain about lag issues. And moreover, the larger the number of the people in a fight, greater is the time between each rounds. With unlimited people in a fort-fight, fort battles may go on for 3 hrs, or even more.. who would like that? And lastly.. there's the alliance thing. A huge alliance with not many skilled FFers should not win a fort-fight vs a small alliance with all skilled FFers, just cause they have more people.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35520

when the forum is only active due to free items and game codes... players who just randomly guess answers to the prize questions or players who "quit" the game coming to simply take the codes for the items from actual active players

DeletedUser36559

The fact that the cinema shows west ads, yes thanks for that wonderful game let me go sign up and play.

DeletedUser35520

The fact that the cinema shows west ads, yes thanks for that wonderful game let me go sign up and play.

lol you don't like the version of the west from 5 plus years ago!?! Imagine playing another inno game and seeing that commercial... what chance do we have!

DeletedUser

Biggest pet-peeve in The West? How about when I am trying to gain KO protection by self-Ko'ing - I am naked, standing upright in all rounds and I face against a Dueller who has their full duelling gear on, only for them to miss every single round. Hmmmm. :hmf:

Post-Edit: No, my Dodge isn't way too high.

Pankreas PorFavor

Biggest pet-peeve in The West? How about when I am trying to gain KO protection by self-Ko'ing - I am naked, standing upright in all rounds and I face against a Dueller who has their full duelling gear on, only for them to miss every single round. Hmmmm. :hmf:

Post-Edit: No, my Dodge isn't way too high.

The fact that someone chose a dueler class and wears dueling gear says nothing about their dueling skills. It could be a pure leadership dueler wearing dueling clothes while travelling to fort, simply hoping that this will intimidate other players from attacking them.
I have seen this already in many of your posts - you think that dueler class equals dueling build and dueling style of play. Nothing could be further form the truth - e.g. maybe the most successful dueler in .net is an adventurer. Personally, my ZMD is a worker, my XP dueler is a soldier... Both of them could KO you, and it has nothing to do with the character class.

DeletedUser

True. Very true. Sorry, I was grumpy that day. On the opposite-side of the coin, I have duelled Adventurers (because they were closest) who did mega damage to me, even when I forgot to take my clothes off, so yeah...I will stop whinging about this. :)

DeletedUser

One again, been a few days, so I have one...actually two.

1) When in chat during a Fort Fight, sometimes I have to constantly keep clicking on the text-bar or what I type doesn't register AND if I'm not paying attention and press delete (backspace) the game kicks me OUT! Very annoying, especially when the FF-leader is giving orders in a tight-spot.

2) I am now Lvl-120 and yet a lot of the Daily Quests that have just been unlocked, I cannot do because the minimum-levels are 121-125 or even worse and I have nowhere near the amount of LP needed to unlock those jobs.