Biggest pet peeves on The West?

DeletedUser36559

It was a 48k rocket spin so I guess there is not much to complain about since it wasn't with nuggets.

DeletedUser

Pet peeve is the quests that have to be done within a set server time - i am in work when most of the "fate of the cunninghams" jobs are available

DeletedUser33353

Pet peeve is the quests that have to be done within a set server time - i am in work when most of the "fate of the cunninghams" jobs are available

The reason sick days are available for the working man :laugh:

DeletedUser

Good point Kidd - but what kind of example is that to set to my employees ;)

DeletedUser

I have no doubt someone has already said this - but my pet peeve in-game is when I am searching the map, looking for Silver-jobs and the map swings to my dude, because he's arrived at a job. I don't really need to know that he's arrived at the job, I can see that from the timer if I wanted to know. Many times I have lost my place and had to start again. :hmf:

DeletedUser33353

That is a kick in the butt....I just do not search until I am doing an hour job.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I know it's only a minor irritant, but still, an irritant it is. :)

DeletedUser35520

waiting for this update is worse than watching paint dry. The post about it made it feel so close we could taste it. Now I fear its been held up, possibly over the cinema addition

DeletedUser

waiting for this update is worse than watching paint dry. The post about it made it feel so close we could taste it. Now I fear its been held up, possibly over the cinema addition

Well, it was announced as 'Coming to you on 29/07/2015!', so hopefully it will show up sometime during the day tomorrow, as scheduled. I'd really like to have the expanded quest book.

DeletedUser35520

Well, it was announced as 'Coming to you on 29/07/2015!', so hopefully it will show up sometime during the day tomorrow, as scheduled. I'd really like to have the expanded quest book.

yea just worried about the late addition to the cinema that popped up on beta. hopefully there are no issues, but if they arise, would hate for it to delay the whole thing

DeletedUser

yea just worried about the late addition to the cinema that popped up on beta. hopefully there are no issues, but if they arise, would hate for it to delay the whole thing

Yeah, I hope the Cinema stays turned off for the EN worlds. We we had it by mistake a few months back it was terrible. I'm glad they got it turned back off.

DeletedUser

Dueling NPCs in quests winning but still having to fight them what are you meanmt to do to defeat them - there is NOTHING to even hint as to how your meant to defeat them ( ihave this in 2 quests now)

DeletedUser34315

If they're a mirror npc, lower your health, set your stance to standing headshots, and wear appearance gear. Otherwise... Get lucky, or move your skills around a bit til you can KO them.

DeletedUser22685

Dueling NPCs in quests winning but still having to fight them what are you meanmt to do to defeat them - there is NOTHING to even hint as to how your meant to defeat them ( ihave this in 2 quests now)

If you win and still don't complete the quest, you probably have to knock them out. Look for the word "Shoot" rather than "Defeat" (silly wording, but for some reason still hasn't been changed despite causing confusion for years). Although I don't quite understand how you can reach level 101 without ever encountering a KO NPC before, so I may have misunderstood which part you were having trouble with.

EDIT: If you are aware that you have to KO them and you simply meant that you can't do it, follow GG's advice (I'd recommend hands over headshots. Landing the first hit is the only important part if you've managed your HP properly). Every second thread these days seems to be asking how to KO a mirror NPC when the strategy is exactly the same for all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is why its so confusing (i just beat one following your advice) now just the medicine man and cree warrior, as for the level thing i guess i just been lucky ill now lol. They do need to make things more clearer tho

DeletedUser

Hah. Good luck with those 2 bud. Even though I am an adventurer, I skilled out to win duels, so that I could KO even the toughest NPC. I have a lot of great clothing and even following the advice of everyone, these 2 kicked my butt before I managed to KO them both. :)

DeletedUser

It's been 9 days since my last post and I was told that over a week should be okay.

So getting back to the thread, my biggest pet peeve is Duellers who wait until you have your job-gear on, which is the weakest for duelling, then they duel you, KO you and then brag about that win raising their 'unbroken KO-streak'.
Yeah, of course you have an unbroken KO-streak if you're too cowardly to attack real targets. Try hitting me when I have my duelling-gear on. It will go very differently, believe me.
My mate just informed me that a dueller hit him 3 times in quick succession because he had his work-gear on. Yeah, real honourable slime-ball!!!
All the real duellers out there are waiting for you all. Why are you hitting workers in worker-gear? Oh, because you're scared of duelling real duellers because then you can't brag about having an unbroken KO-streak. I spit on you all. :censored:

DeletedUser13607

It's been 9 days since my last post and I was told that over a week should be okay.

So getting back to the thread, my biggest pet peeve is Duellers who wait until you have your job-gear on, which is the weakest for duelling, then they duel you, KO you and then brag about that win raising their 'unbroken KO-streak'.
Yeah, of course you have an unbroken KO-streak if you're too cowardly to attack real targets. Try hitting me when I have my duelling-gear on. It will go very differently, believe me.
My mate just informed me that a dueller hit him 3 times in quick succession because he had his work-gear on. Yeah, real honourable slime-ball!!!
All the real duellers out there are waiting for you all. Why are you hitting workers in worker-gear? Oh, because you're scared of duelling real duellers because then you can't brag about having an unbroken KO-streak. I spit on you all. :censored:

Why live in a town? Advantages? Few if any. Disadvantages? You get duelled. You really only need to join a town on those occasions when there is a must-have piece of kit. Join the right town, buy the kit, deposit any cash left over, leave town. Simple.

DeletedUser

I decided a long time ago to build my own town from the ground up rather than take over a Ghost Town, so every building was built by me. I use the duel-protection now, but I am so sick of these people duelling soft-targets and then saying, 'Look at me. I'm the ultimate dueller. I've won 55KOs.' when every single one of them were Adventurers or Workers who had work-clothes on.
Sorry, I'm drifting again. To get back on point, I have invested a lot of time and effort into my town. Yes, for others, going townless might help, but not for me.

DeletedUser26820

Pet Peeve turned to Global Reward: I gave the GM Team of Briscoe an opportunity to host a global challenge regarding luck hunts. No answer from them. I'm hosting it. We're better off without the GM Team this time around. Maybe they can take some notes and host the next one.

So I guess my Pet Peeve is: Wake up, GM Team..... toons are doing your job for you on your declining population servers.