Biggest pet peeves on The West?

DeletedUser25529

Spending 10 minutes doing the poxy Innogames survey, then claiming my reward and getting $1.

DeletedUser

In no particular order...

• Job luck/xp system that seems to change from week to week. I never know if my luck/xp will be applied with the clothing I was wearing when I set the job or when it finished. Just when I think I've figured out when to have my winter set on it changes again. I really don't care if bonuses get applied before or after, please just pick one and stick with it.
  • That stupid "Did you hear about the upcoming battle" x icon that reopens the fort screen when I already had it open with a connection established and quality set to low ready to go.
  • The newest windowing system. It's a great concept but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. For example, when I open a window it completely covers the bar that has the option to minimize all windows. That make no sense. I find myself constantly just closing out all windows because the minimize button is hidden. Then when I reopen them I end up generating needless traffic to the server which leads me to...
  • A streak of bad luck is open you. Especially when using a shell.
  • The new friends bar.
  • Those spare tongs sitting in my inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

• Job luck/xp system that seems to change from week to week. I never know if my luck/xp will be applied with the clothing I was wearing when I set the job or when it finished. Just when I think I've figured out when to have my winter set on it changes again. I really don't care if bonuses get applied before or after, please just pick one and stick with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that's ever changed.

DeletedUser34546

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that's ever changed.

The number of LP points you get is based on what you are wearing when you queue it. So that is the XP/Cash/Drop value.

But sets like elfego, king fishers, that give 10/20% more XP/cash are done when the job ENDS, not when you queue it. So, you put on your best clothes to start the job, then switch to one of the "bonus" sets for when it finishes.

DeletedUser22685

The number of LP points you get is based on what you are wearing when you queue it. So that is the XP/Cash/Drop value.

But sets like elfego, king fishers, that give 10/20% more XP/cash are done when the job ENDS, not when you queue it. So, you put on your best clothes to start the job, then switch to one of the "bonus" sets for when it finishes.

I know the workings of that system as well as anyone. The player I was responding to was implying that changes had been made to it at some point, which I don't believe is true.

DeletedUser

"Originally Posted by neuth

But sets like elfego, king fishers, that give 10/20% more XP/cash are done when the job ENDS, not when you queue it. So, you put on your best clothes to start the job, then switch to one of the "bonus" sets for when it finishes"

I never knew this..... Good to know now though.

Deleted User - 1278415

"Originally Posted by neuth

But sets like elfego, king fishers, that give 10/20% more XP/cash are done when the job ENDS, not when you queue it. So, you put on your best clothes to start the job, then switch to one of the "bonus" sets for when it finishes"

I never knew this..... Good to know now though.

Is that the same with the #1 Dime. Is it at the end of the job or the start of the job?

DeletedUser16628

Lately the annoyances outweigh everything else it may be time for infiniti99 to take a vacation.A vacation usually helps with perspective which I guess I need after agreeing with so many of the issues listed it's a logical conclusion.Thank you for the therapy.

DeletedUser22685

Is that the same with the #1 Dime. Is it at the end of the job or the start of the job?

The bonuses from the Dime apply at the end of the job, as do all percentage bonuses to job rewards. Only bonuses affecting labour points (skill bonuses and direct labour point bonuses) apply at the beginning of the job, as that's when labour points are locked in.

I'm positive that the winter set bonuses have not been consistently applied. That makes me question how all of the sets work.

What makes you so positive? When I made my original statement, I was almost sure that there had been no changes to the applications of those types of bonuses at any point in the game's history. Now that I know you're only talking about the last few months, there have definitely been no changes.

DeletedUser35277

Server time quests. Server day quests, fine. But too many of the server time
quests fall at really ridiculous times like 3am. NOT going to get up at 3 am
to fulfill the requirements of a quest. It will remain undone.

DeletedUser36559

That moment when you have 90 energy points but then realize your dueling protection runs out in 30 minutes.....

DeletedUser22685

That moment when you have 90 energy points but then realize your dueling protection runs out in 30 minutes.....

How about you just go without duel protection like you're supposed to? Strange concept, I know.

DeletedUser36559

How about you just go without duel protection like you're supposed to? Strange concept, I know.

I know I should but then I would rage quit if I keep getting dueled every 48 hours and losing 2-3k on hand every time.

Lanky Nibs

really?? that's your helpful input?? I will not be a tool for the duelers to use to keep their duel mot down at zero. Whatever it takes. Inno owns this mess and no one else. Seriously Futu do you ever think before you post? Strange concept, I know. SMH and walks away from the insanity.

DeletedUser36559

really?? that's your helpful input?? I will not be a tool for the duelers to use to keep their duel mot down at zero. Whatever it takes. Inno owns this mess and no one else. Seriously Futu do you ever think before you post? Strange concept, I know. SMH and walks away from the insanity.

If this game had no 48 hour duel protection I don't think anyone would play this game apart from duelers. I don't mind duelers due to the 48 hour protection but in the real wild west you can't simply choose to shy away from dueling. He meant 'strange concept' as in nowadays everyone is KO'ing themselves every 2 days and hardly anyone is going without any dueling protection.

DeletedUser36122

#1 - People who treat fort fighting as if it were a job and not a game

#2 - People who treat fort fighting as if it were a job and not a game

#3 - A combination of points #1 and #2

DeletedUser22685

Firstly, who are you?

Why do you think you have to exploit a bugged game mechanic to avoid duellers? It's for the simple reason that being townless is supposed to be the only way to opt out of being duelled. That's the way the game was designed, and that's the reason no direct option to disable duels has ever existed.

And since you asked, I tend to think quite a bit before I post. Pity not everybody does the same, or I wouldn't have to type as many posts like this one.

I'm not sure how I left this out of my original post in this thread, but job KOs are my biggest pet peeve.

jarograv

People who think the game is real life. "I was a military trained sniper with 500 confirmed kills, I can lead a fort battle no problem!" or "I am a humble trader visiting your town to to business in your tailor and got jumped by your town's duelers. Have you any sense of good business!".
Just because you can lead a military squad, doesn't mean you know all the ins and outs about fort battles. Just because it's rude to mug people in real life, doesn't mean that it's off limits in game.

HelenBack

1. No longer being able to use NPCs to lower duel mot and having to run all over the map looking for low XP victims.
- Since NPCs no longer lower our duel mot, we're being forced to duel low XP victims... I normally wouldn't duel them, but I don't want my duel mot going up to where I only have a handful of targets. That is the only reason I am now dueling them... With a low level weapon so I, hopefully, do not ruin their day.

2. Duel Levels... Get rid of the duel levels!!!
- Let us duel 20 above and below our regular level. That will let the ZM and XP duelers battle each other to see who really is the best... The XP duelers believe that ZMDs won't be able to handle a "real" dueler... and the ZMDs think the same about the XP duelers. Remove the duel levels and let the duelers at each other. This will let people with the same amount of standard (non purchased) AP and SP duel each other... Which makes far more sense than having some level 60 XP dueler getting dueled by a level 120+ fort fighter/non-dueler who has just reskilled to dueler and can now squash the level 60 with their 60+ additional levels of AP and SP.

3. Duel Protection lasting 48 hours...
- Should be less or not at all... ok... 8 hours. :p Or at least no more Duel Protection from Job KOs. Sorry Fort Fighters, you've used that loophole long enough!

4. COUNTY chat instead of the Saloon chat we have now.
- Why Inno decided it would be a good idea to have people from all over the map spread out among various chats... No idea. It was fun when we were able to diss the enemy before/during/after a fort battle. Give us our COUNTY chats back!!!

5. Quests that can only be done at stooooooopid times of the day.
- Not everyone lives in the same time zone as server time... Make the quests available for one whole day of the week for the full 24 hours so everyone has a chance to complete them.

6. Holiday and limited timed quests...
- People have lives... Surprise!!! They can't always drop what they're doing in RL (visiting family and friends for dinners/parties or working) to run all over the map looking for eggs or whatever in a short span of time. Some quests are only available once... And we have incomplete quests hanging around that will never be completed because the next year they make a new one. Please have the old quests available each year so everyone has a chance at getting their Wood Magician's set. :rolleyes:

7. Crafting... Oh where do I begin... Having the game freeze up because you have crafted too many items...
- I like Lulu's idea of having the option to select a number like we do for queuing jobs and selling items. Would probably help the server out in general as well because there would be fewer requests to it. Only thing is you would need to calculate any possible bonus crafts (where you get 2 instead of 1)...

8. The overall slowness of the game.
- It's really been lagging lately and not just for me. I've heard that from quite a few people.

9. Too many clicks... Are you sure you wanna do this? Are you absolutely sure?
- Make an "Undo" button instead... Again, this would lower the number of requests sent to the server... Which may help lessen the lag.

10. The Horse Race... Too loud!
- Please just turn off the sound. None of the other ones have sound, why does that one need to? Again, this will lessen the server load (no need to send the sound file). Or have a mute button like Lulu mentioned.

11. The Gold/Silver Jobs script... Not allowed on .net (but allowed on other servers???).
- I wish we could get something that would let us know if there was a gold or silver job in the area... Maybe a daily newspaper that we can open to see where there is a job boom and people are needed. Oh and maybe have a countdown on them to let us know how many jobs are left for the Gold ones and how long for the Silver ones.

12. Have a real countdown for quests that are about to expire.
- The last day of the holiday quest, it says "1 Day left"... Depending on when you logon, they may not realize that it actually ends in an hour. Change it to an actual countdown so there is no question as to when it is over.

13. Travel times are too long...
- Again, people have lives, need to sleep, need to work, yadda yadda yadda... Can we please have the same travel time that we have in Beta?

14. That this is taking away from my dueling time... :blink:

15. That there are so many things that are annoying, I couldn't stop at just 3... :p