Best weapon for fighting sword to sword?

DeletedUser

there are many animals that have yet to be discovered, are they nonexistant because we haven't found them yet? i think not. and when it was impossible to find organisms in the Antarctic, or microscopic organisms, both due to lack of necessary technology, were those organisms nonexistant too?
so even though it may be impossible to find something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. those weapons exist and you cant deny that. just because there is no way you can obtain them doesn't mean you can say that they dont exist.

Eh... there's a pretty big difference from the real world and to a virtual western game world - especially regarding existence.
Does Forts exist? I can't see them, use them or find them. Yet in X months, they will be there. Does that mean they exist now?

Also, I never said those weapons didn't exist. I merely asked a philosophical question...

DeletedUser

Some people are in for a big dissapointment i feel when these weapons are implemented..I can see hundereds of complaints flooding in

DeletedUser

there are many animals that have yet to be discovered, are they nonexistant because we haven't found them yet? i think not. and when it was impossible to find organisms in the Antarctic, or microscopic organisms, both due to lack of necessary technology, were those organisms nonexistant too?
so even though it may be impossible to find something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. those weapons exist and you cant deny that. just because there is no way you can obtain them doesn't mean you can say that they dont exist.

Couldn't have said it better.. ;)

DeletedUser

Eh... there's a pretty big difference from the real world and to a virtual western game world - especially regarding existence.
Does Forts exist? I can't see them, use them or find them. Yet in X months, they will be there. Does that mean they exist now?

Also, I never said those weapons didn't exist. I merely asked a philosophical question...

forts aren't objects to be discovered. they actually DONT exist in the game right now, and that can be proved, as we dont have any. if they did exist, you would be able to find them on the map. the developers have yet to finish the programming for forts, so we know they aren't here. however, we don't know whether or not the developers have finalized the special weapons either. but since their pictures are in the database, they may be. an argument against that is that shootout weapons dont exist yet, however their pictures are on the database. but on the help pages, it does say that shootout weapons are disabled, meaning that they exist, but its impossible to find any.

also, you cant prove that those higher special weapons dont exist, nor can you prove that they do exist, as no one has them. while that does support your theory that they dont exist, it doesn't prove it either, as it is only support. with only that as support, it cant be conclusive.

i believe that may be an answer to your philosophical question: its inconclusive.

DeletedUser

TBH Sword to Sword isnt about your weapon its about your Vigor Vs their (Toughness + 0.5 Reflex) and Vice versa

DeletedUser

TBH Sword to Sword isnt about your weapon its about your Vigor Vs their (Toughness + 0.5 Reflex) and Vice versa

and your appearance/tactics Vs their appearance/tactics, and your aim vs their dodging and vice versa. and sometimes your health point vs their health points.

DeletedUser

lol kman, nice sig.

and for sward to sword combat, the best weapon is whatever is the highest you can use

DeletedUser

lol kman, nice sig.

and for sward to sword combat, the best weapon is whatever is the highest you can use

thank you.

and that is an interesting way to put it, but if the best weapon you can use is a sharp conquistador sword, but you enemy can use a sharp lumberjack axe, then who has the better weapon?

DeletedUser

for my level (49) i prefer the sharp machete, even though it has low minimum, majority of my hits in a duel are well over 90, with max at like 180 for headshot. which i think is good, the most damage ive done in a duel is 750, i might have been able to get more but i passed out the guy accedently on 2nd to last hit

DeletedUser

for my level (49) i prefer the sharp machete, even though it has low minimum, majority of my hits in a duel are well over 90, with max at like 180 for headshot. which i think is good, the most damage ive done in a duel is 750, i might have been able to get more but i passed out the guy accedently on 2nd to last hit

dont you hate when the guy passes out? it limits the amount of damage you can cause. i want to be able to cause more damage to people. if i knock them out in 4 rounds, imagine the damage i could cause in 8!

DeletedUser

...and an uber-melee dueler is no fun to fight. I used to be setup for dodging (changing that in my dueling world) and would get hit once for something like 122. The uber-melee dude I hit every time but only got 14 and 12. Multiply 8 by 14; it's less than 122; I lost. Imagine doing 14 damage with Hernando's sword; that would be depressing!

The folks on the boards had it right; dodging is not a quest skill so dump dodging into reflex or toughness. If "they" happen to "fix" the dueling to fall in line with what the help file says and the dueling screen shows then I will be hurting along with all the uber-melee duelers.

Until then...it's time to get uber-melee stats.

DeletedUser

guys, i have a high reflex toughness build, i have the tird highest reflex on world 6, and 60th for toughness and 0 dodging. let me tell you, anyone ho has shooting more than 20 over my reflex plus half toughness crushes me, the extremely effective extremely easy counter is high shooting, its not an uber buid. its good but not uber

DeletedUser

definitely not uber. it can be easy to beat that build if you just have dodging/aim/shooting build. add some tactics and appearance, and they won't have any aim left to hit you. definitely not uber.

DeletedUser

i dont like uber too, even when i m only an adventurer build for dueling