Has the game really changed that much since the last time I was here???
I intentionally exaggerated some values. It's impossible to have so much aiming. The point was that the respective will hit all hits (8/8), but will do minimal damage due to insufficient shooting/vigor, so 25% of weapon damage + enhancement. And you with 2 hits in the arm will beat him, because you will give maximum damage (175% of weapon damage + enhancements). His tactics/look and aim are irrelevant in this case, even if these values would tend to infinity, it's not enough to win due to low damage per hit.
so if opponent has more tactics does he get 100% bonus dodging or do i get an aim penalty? (And how much)
He gets 100% aiming and you get no penalty. You could calculate it differently. The opponent gets 50% aiming bonus and you get 50% penalty on dodging, but in the end it would be about the same difference and I find it much easier to calculate with double the aim. I think you double your dodging if you dodge where enemy hits.
let me see if I got this right:
1) if your appearance won't be higher than their tactics you might as well have zero appearance?
2) if your appearance IS higher than their tactics, every additional point there is wasted?
3) if your .75*(reflex|toughness)+.25*(toughness|resistance) is below their (shooting|vigor) you receive no resist bonus and might as well hove no resist?
4) if your .75*(reflex|toughness)+.25*(toughness|resistance) is above their (shooting|vigor) you receive a resist bonus and every extra point there is wasted?
And if you don't believe me, just test it on someone afk with his tactics value on Rankings. First time you use as much appearance as you can, but not enough to break his tactics, then you attack him with as little appearance as possible, but keeping the same aiming/dodging as in the first duel. You may need more than 2 duels because of the random, but it's not hard to demonstrate.
3. It's 1 * reflex/toughness + 0.25* toughness/reflex, not .75 and .25 and the difference should be 100+ points. So you have 400 reflex and 400 toughness and the enemy has at least 600 shooting/vigor he will deal 175% weapon (+enhancement) damage. This is a fix value. It's the maximum damage. So yeah, you might as well have no resistance in this case.
4. The same mention as at point 3, it's 1 * reflex/toughness+.25* toughness/reflex and the difference is at least 100 points, and yes. every extra point is wasted, but be careful. The enemy may use enhancements to increase his toughness/reflex, you you better have more than less, just to be sure it's enough.
Here are some values. The first value represents a percentage, it is the value of the damage multiplier. (175=175% of the weapon damage + enhancements). The second value is the difference between the vigor/shooting and the final resistance (100% * toughness+25% reflex for melee weapon and 100% * reflex +25% toughness for firearm). There is a small deviation that I have noticed for a few years, sometimes the weapon damage alternates between two closest multipliers (for example you deal 1.75x weapon damage, but also 1.7, if shooting/vigor is not extremely high and the opponent has very high resistance, but I have not managed to do enough calculations related to this, and I assure you that if you follow the formulas mentioned above and this table, you will always have accurate results, you can even determine the opponent's build in a duel according to the damage given/taken.