Best Product Drop Set

Protasov

I have been using the American clothes and weapons sets to increase the product drop percentage of my jobs.

Recently, when having the game auto-select the best clothes for a job, I noticed the set it chose for me resulted in a higher drop percentage than the American set. Turns out it is the Spiritualist set.

Is there a calculator somewhere that will help you figure out the best clothes for drop rate percentages? ClothCalc doesn't have a "best drop" in its list of drop down choices for custom skills.

Thanks!

asdf124

that isn't fully correct. Best drop chance gear is soccer fan set with additives. The increase is most likely due to the more labor points you are getting(from low to high efficiency) The bronze to silver and up to full axes of gold.

Protasov

that isn't fully correct.

Sorry I wasn't clear...I'm not claiming that the Spiritualist set is the best for drop rate overall....but its the best that I have (since I don't own the soccer set).

Hence why I would love for there to be a tool that would take your inventory, and from it, choose the best items for drop rate percentage.

asdf124

Sorry I wasn't clear...I'm not claiming that the Spiritualist set is the best for drop rate overall....but its the best that I have (since I don't own the soccer set).

Hence why I would love for there to be a tool that would take your inventory, and from it, choose the best items for drop rate percentage.
American set has at least 10% more than spiritualist, and up to 60%

THe reason why your job had more is due to labor points difference.

Pankreas PorFavor

I don't know about a calculator that would do what you are asking, but what you should definitely do every time is first equip the clothes that gives most labor points, queue the job and then change to clothes with the best product drop bonus.
You can find information abot sets here - http://tw-calc.net/sets
And use the filter to find those with product drop bonus:

Reyne

After experimenting with the various sets, I've found the best all-around drop set is the combo of American clothing set + Edison weapon set + Spiritualist animal set. It matches most jobs or beats (in the low drop jobs such as collect lotus flowers and hunting grizzly bears) the full American set in product drops, and edges out the full American in money and luck.

asdf124

After experimenting with the various sets, I've found the best all-around drop set is the combo of American clothing set + Edison weapon set + Spiritualist animal set. It matches most jobs or beats (in the low drop jobs such as collect lotus flowers and hunting grizzly bears) the full American set in product drops, and edges out the full American in money and luck.
Replace the american cloth set with thomas set for better bonuses(same product drop rate but luck bonus etc is added)

Reyne

Tucker Blue

+190% product drop +210% luck +850 labour points

Deputy Chef Clothing +100% product drop +150% luck +450 labour points
Edison Horse & Saddle +30% product drop +30% luck +150 labour points
Pearl Weapons +60% product drop +30% luck +250 labour points

extras: +570% speed +40% exp +30% money +7D/+7A Fort Battle +50D/+50R Fort Battle Sector Bonus

DeletedUser33353

I believe drop percentage is the key here.......205% Edison's horse set(30%), Martha Cannary's weapons(40%),Soccer fan set(80%),+1 Deputy chef hat(55%).
I am sure there are better set ups, but that is what I use.

DeletedUser24736

@Protasov ~ Provided it's okay with the rules, TWLeoTools is still a good tool for determining product drop chance, and other very useful stats. For anyone still confused (talking to newer players), Luck determines the value of dropped items, product chance outside of gear influence, IS partly based on labor points.

when all else fails, pop 38 bonds for a ratatouille with fish from the UP store for a brief but big drop chance boost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

Luck determines the value of dropped items, product chance outside of gear influence, IS partly based on labor points.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say here, but to avoid any confusion - value of the dropped items depends on the labor points. More labor points you have when you queue the job, higher the value of the potential dropped item.
Look at the job window like in this screenshot:
It is not luck that determines the value of dropped items, but the labor points determine this value, and this is then reflected as "Luck".

If you are using gear with luck bonus (e.g. Edison horse set +30% Increased Luck) it doesn't mean that the value of the items you can find is 30% higher. It only means that the chance to find items (not products!) is higher.
At the same time, more labor points = more products you can find on the job (and more money earned). Product drop depends only on the labor points, and it is only increased by using buffs or gear with product drop bonus. Theoretical example: you don't want to queue a job when wearing gear with product drop bonus which gives you 5 silver pick axes and 50 labor points = 1000% product drop chance (gear bonus already applied), if you can queue it in best gear for the job that gives you 3 golden pick axes, 200 labor points and lower (!!!) 900% product drop chance - because then you can change to gear with product drop bonus that will actually add to that 900% chance that you had when you queued the job. Instead of finding 10 products in 1h, you will find 12 or 13 or 15 (depends what gear you're using). Much better, isn't it?
Use the best gear for the job (most labor points) when you queue the job = highest number of products and highest item value. After you queue the job, switch to gear that gives you a luck bonus or improved product drop chance. this will increase the chance to find items (luck) or increase the number of products you will find on the job.

General rule - queue the job when you're in gear that gives most labor points. When the job ends, you should wear the gear that gives the bonuses (luck, money, product drop, experience...).

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Product drop depends only on the labor points, and it is only increased by using buffs or gear with product drop bonus.
Let's make it clear.. or more clear for that matter.

Drop rate will be increased by %50 if you have enough LP (when Queuing) on job to have 5 Golden Pickaxe.
Otherwise LP doesn't matter for Product Drops, unless you are Queuing the job with Negative LP.

Talking of "Best" drop sets.. Valentine brings a clothing set with %75 Bonus.
Deputy's still better if you have, but if you don't, this is a good upgrade over American/Hancock.