Discussion Best Job Calulator?

DeletedUser

what is the best west job calculator???

i try weststats, westcalc.info, and westinsider, but i noticed that there is some mistake in all of them... :sad:

DeletedUser

There are definitely mistakes in West Stats', just because Morthy never completely finished updating it for sets. I have seen some extremely minor mistakes in the West Insider, but nothing major. I can't speak for West Calc because I've never used it for jobs, just fort battles.

Anyway, moving this to External sites discussion.

DeletedUser

what is the best west job calculator???

i try weststats, westcalc.info, and westinsider, but i noticed that there is some mistake in all of them... :sad:

i haven't descovered any mistakes in westcalc's job calculation algorithm.It's accurate and always finds the best job equipment,especialy if you have a lot and uncompleted item sets(the case that,in my opinion,is the most difficult to calculate).It would be nice if you could be more specific,so i could fix such errors, if there is any.
As an answer to your question i would say to do your tests,and use the tool that fits your needs.

DeletedUser

I would use all 3

insider - gives you the big picture
stats - gives you the best clothes for the jobs
calc - gives you the best clothes for the job in your town stores and how would they help you on that job (I know it works with stores from other towns but since you can´t see all the items...)

I've noticed some minor mistakes in stats and insider but of 1/2 skill points

DeletedUser

I would use all 3

insider - gives you the big picture
stats - gives you the best clothes for the jobs
calc - gives you the best clothes for the job in your town stores

I've noticed some minor mistakes in stats and insider but of 1/2 skill points

I don't know what you are seeing, but weststats has MAJOR optimal gear issues if you have multiple gear sets [full partial]. It is so bad it will tell me I need more points to do a job, when I already can do it. Also, is HORRIBLE at choosing optimal gear that is higher level than your character is [ie you can't use it yet]. On the other hand, "calc" is spot on for everything I have tried and whoever runs it does a great job at fixing mistakes [if you can even find any].

I would say use stats ONLY for non-calculation stuff, like quests, town sets, item stats, etc, use calc for ALL calculations and insider for determining future builds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think he was referring to Best job items, which is good for low to mid levels where you'll generally be using individual items to unlock specific jobs much more than partial sets. One reason I don't use westcalc for more things is I utterly despise the control panel. I would much prefer all the information be left on the page opened by running the script. When I use it for finding fort gear, as soon as I change gear I immediately refresh to get rid of it.

Oh, here's one more typo: "fix possition" on the bottom of the control panel, should be "position".