Best Financier setup (Purpose-Built player)

DeletedUser

I am thinking it may be a good idea to be pure trading that way you can get a lot of money and get silver mining THEN switch all your stats over to shooting. you'd have to put your attributes into dexterity but all your skill points into trading. then you switch after you get a lot of silver.

THAT WAY you can get the 4 attribute points from the kates ring quest and still be on the shooting path. I am thinking about trying to switch enough stats to trading so that I can get silver to get the 4 attribute points, but the amount of money I would have to save to switch enough points and then switch them back immediately after is like at least sixty thousand and that's if i wait a bunch of days. it's not worth it. I wish they would have trading sometime soon because then I could trade for silver (which would be a very precious commodity) and do the quest with my traded silver.

Conveersely what I could do is sacrifice all of the attribute and skill points that I get for my next 10 levels and put them all into trading. then in 10 levels I would have silver and then I could switch them over, which would be way less than half the cost.

But maybe trading will come out by then and it all would have been pointless?

IS it worth for the ten levels putting all my points into shooting like i have been doing so that all of my labor goes up and I end up getting better results from my jobs? If you guys understand what I'm talking about tell me - what do you think is best? I want those 4 attribute points.

DeletedUser

Poison Apple youa re just that.

Poison raining on everyone elses parade.

Number 1: My name is not Greg it's Alice.

Number 2: I don't give a rats ass what you think.

Number 3: You want me to brag? I don't care what you want. I will share whatever I want to share and discuss whatever I want to discuss, and the only thing I'm mad at, are shallow pricks like you who try to pick a fight with me and belittle me and criticize me, rather than freakign discuss the issue at hand.

You are pathetic, and I pity you.

Let me put it another way:

If you or other random low level nobodies posted their inventory. Nobody would give a flying fart. They wouldn't see it as bragging, they would help the player and see it as discussion.

But YOU see it as bragging, because YOU are inwardly jealous, and externalize the reason for your character flaw as what I am putting out into the world. When in fact you are mistaken. It is not me, it is in fact you.

Case closed.

Kind advice not kindly taken. No wonder Ronald hates you.

You want a brag fest? Sure, I'm happy to oblige for today. ^^

You are ranked what in world 3? Ranked 3rd?

Well, I am ranked 1st in World 5.

Now who's pathetic? :laugh:

DeletedUser3741

The amount you pay to change skills goes down you know

If you wait a while it will only be around 10k

1 point per wait = 10,000 for 200pts
2 point per wait = 11,000 for 200pts
3 point per wait = 12,000 for 200pts
4 point per wait = 13,000 for 200pts
5 point per wait = 14,000 for 200pts

Which is really cheap, just takes a bit of time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah it goes down by 10$ a day.

Which means if I was switching 30 skill points I would save $300 for every day that I waited until the baseline was at $50.

DeletedUser

About the arguing earlier in the thread, keep it out of the forums and into PMs please~ :)

DeletedUser

SHe is obviously talking about later additional towns because I can tell you from experience this Uber earner was crappy about actually using much of his/her earnings to help the town early. But then I have always told everyone SHe and Midgrin are both very selfish players. I joined the town after SHe, was working as a hybrid earning less money than he/her and still had more in donations. MadAlice is all about MadAlice.

DeletedUser

I say pure trader to get to the job silver mining quickest. It my mind if you wish to finace the town, then large early donations are better than late ones when the town is over 30k points or finished.

Agree on that. Tho its the player's choice really.

Pure Trading will not maximize your xp tho. And if you re-specc later in hope to catch up on the xp rankings, it would like be very hard to do so.

So its a choice - money or xp? We cant have our cake and eat it too ^^

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot guys and gals! I learnt that farts fly and jealousy had weird phychological states...

I also learnt that I need to get on the trading waggon if I want to start my own collection of Wiskey.

Onward!

DeletedUser

the 3 stats the most useful the earliest in the game is trap trade appear..... followed closely by riding and hiding...

Throw in a smattering of vigor staminia and construction and you have a top notch EARLY financier

The jobs you should look at are building coffins.. trapping beaver.. trading with indians trading.. carving out claims.. .. you should also be able to quite quickly do jobs like hunt wolves and transport ammo

I have piece of note part 1 and a glowing weapon on world 5 I sold off 2k$ of dupes earlier today to buy a shawl slow damn builders :) oh yea I'm like the 4th highest donator as well

DeletedUser

I don't hate Greg. Greg is a kid with issues; don't hate such a person, sympathize with them. They need it!

Oh, and yeah, it's Greg, not Alice.

Cheerio :)

DeletedUser

Well, you seem like the kind of person who is on these forums very often, Lone Ranger. How strong is your character? Because I am almost certain he is stronger than mine is.

Depends on the world.

My skills are evenly distributed on W1 which allows me to do MANY high XP/$ jobs. Highest being trading.

W6 is actually using MadAlice's strategy cause I have always seen trappers at the top and it really doesn't take that long to get to wolves and bears, but it is a bit slow in the beginning.

Red Falcon

Depends on the world.

My skills are evenly distributed on W1 which allows me to do MANY high XP/$ jobs. Highest being trading.

W6 is actually using MadAlice's strategy cause I have always seen trappers at the top and it really doesn't take that long to get to wolves and bears, but it is a bit slow in the beginning.

Well, it's a good thing that I am joining your town then, because MY skills are also evenly distributed. We could really be able to help each other out someday, if I get strong enough and to a higher level to help you. You are WAY stronger than me right now as it is, though I will still do what I can to help you and your town out, which I will soon be a member of.

DeletedUser

MadAlice is correct as well as others.

I think the question needs to be more specific. Is this going for a new world? In an existing world? What levels are you looking for?

Some skills are good for certain levels. For example

Swimming was fairly decent, you can do rafting wood fairly early for exp + good cash. If you put all attribute into mobility and all skills into swimming, you can do rafting wood at level 11 without any equipment bonus.

vigor is decent in the beginning, allow you to do stone mining, coal, and cutting down trees, which are all fairly decent in cash given the skill requirement.

Trading is probably the best after get past level 10. You can do gemstone to tidy over for cash and aim for silver mining. However, trading suffer from problems of getting good exp jobs.

Setting trap is the best in my view, you can focus on dex, pump up setting traps for both exp + cash. You then gradually switch from setting trap to shooting as you gain level.

In old world where many towns are built up and getting the equipment to boost your skill isn't a big problem, I would go for setting traps. In a new world where towns struggle to even build hotel 3, I will probably go for some quick cash, like vigor, swimming, trading, setting traps, giving you a bunch of cash jobs early on and rotate to keep motivation high.

DeletedUser

how about full hiding i think its good becouse at late game you could acsess ambush and burglary job

DeletedUser

how about full hiding i think its good becouse at late game you could acsess ambush and burglary job

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before and I really don't profess to be any guru but 3 factors determine what single or dual skill you will pick:

1) No of jobs you get (end game-ish)
2) Type of jobs - high xp or high cash
3) How soon you get those jobs (very important if you are gunning for high xp)

Trapping, Shooting, Hiding all good as is Trading. Again, each has its own trade-offs.

Construction is not bad too - since it got buffed. Builders are giving me a good challenge in world 5 in terms of the xp ^^

DeletedUser

Construction is really nice for XP of course. There's good money in it too.

Traps are the best in the long run, but it's slow goings early on. It pays off in the end. - Thx Alice for that strategy

Trading is awesome, but it is true that the XP is rather low considering how high you have to be to get to silver and such, yet your XP is still painfully low.

Shooting can be great, but it's a slow go too. High XP/$/Luck later on.

Vigor is good early on, but drops off severely after a short while.

I started one world with straight Swimming and it paid off rather quickly with Rafting wood and such. After rafting, move on though.

It is also true that world progress plays a factor in this too. A brand new world is difficult for trappers, but is just fine for swimmers. If the world is somewhat kicking, then it could really be worth the effort to go straight trapper for a while in order to get wolves and bear before lvl 30.

No matter what, a nice mix of some of the above can yield you one heckuve a player.

DeletedUser3543

It is also true that world progress plays a factor in this too. A brand new world is difficult for trappers, but is just fine for swimmers. If the world is somewhat kicking, then it could really be worth the effort to go straight trapper for a while in order to get wolves and bear before lvl 30.

No matter what, a nice mix of some of the above can yield you one heckuve a player.

In W1 - I join after it reopened the second time - I have wolves open and stealing horses, and my next level up [to L24] will open up those grizzlies, that's if I don't make enough for a blue cotton jacket first ;)

That is just pure traps and dex.

After that I shall probably concentrate on shooting...

DeletedUser

Construction is not bad at all. You get good exp(constructing a ranch house, building a fort) and good cash(building coffins and windmills, mining iron a Finlay drilling oil, which is one of the best). You get one good luck job as well: fire figther.

Red Falcon

Construction is really nice for XP of course. There's good money in it too.

Traps are the best in the long run, but it's slow goings early on. It pays off in the end. - Thx Alice for that strategy

Trading is awesome, but it is true that the XP is rather low considering how high you have to be to get to silver and such, yet your XP is still painfully low.

Shooting can be great, but it's a slow go too. High XP/$/Luck later on.

Vigor is good early on, but drops off severely after a short while.

I started one world with straight Swimming and it paid off rather quickly with Rafting wood and such. After rafting, move on though.

So, it seems there are certain skills you need to increase if you want to make it big in this game as soon as possible. Right now, I am doing the highest EXP and $$$ jobs alternately for the longest time possible for the fastest gain of EXP and $$$. I thank Lone Ranger for pointing out the 2 hour benefit thing.