Best clothes for FORT battles?

DeletedUser14006

What are the best items to equip when:

a) Attacking a Fort
b) Defending a Fort

Thank you.

DeletedUser3543

What is your current skill distribution - please post a screenshot ;)

DeletedUser

Let's say we all have 0, wich are the best one to attack/defend...

DeletedUser

BEST FORT CLOTHING

DEFENDING
Headgear: Green top hat
Neckgear: Fancy tie
Clothing: Black leather jacket
Shoes: Moccasins *
Dueling weapon (right hand): Tomahawk / Precise Pepperbox Revolver / Trumpet**
Shootout weapon (left hand): Level dependent
Product: Walking stick+ / None
Mount: Mustang*

ATTACKING
Headgear: Pilgrim's woolly hat++ / Yellow top hat
Neckgear: Fancy tie
Clothing: Sunday clothing
Shoes: Fancy boots
Dueling weapon (right hand): Corrosive Acid* / Trumpet**
Shootout weapon (left hand): Level dependent
Product: Elixir*
Mount: Any

Legend
* = You want these for Item set bonus
** = Soldier's Item only
+ = Gender specific (Male)
++ = Gender specific (Female)

I just listed the best items all around and I put in alternates for Class specific and gender specific items. All the items fall under level restrictions so you'll have to try and figure that out too. But I figure this gives you a good starting point.

~Z~

DeletedUser

I think the best equipment to defend would look be something like:

Brown top Hat (+10 leadership)
Black tie (+10 leadership)
Black Leather Jacket (+11 hiding, +11 leadership)
Moccasins (+11 hiding, +2 dodge)
Mustang (+10 hiding, +2 dodge, set bonus with moccasins)
Walking stick (+2 leadership)
Trumpet (+6 leadership)
Gentlemans set bonus: +11 leadership

For the attacker the gear is not as good. Very few clothes give good stamina bonuses, so you rely on leadership much more:

Brown top Hat (+10 leadership)
Black tie (+10 leadership)
Sunday clothing (+7 leadership, +6 stamina)
Fancy boots (+8 stamina, +2 leadership, +2 aim) or Moccasins (+9 stamina, +2 dodge)
Walking stick (+2 leadership)
Trumpet (+6 leadership)
Mustang (if using moccasins, for another +2 dodge)
Gentlemans set bonus: +11 leadership

Hmmm, the gear looks very similar....But gives big advantages to the defender.
I may well have missed something though, also, if you haven't got a walking stick there are better top hats and ties (especially the green top hat for defending).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I may well have missed something though, also, if you haven't got a walking stick there are better top hats and ties (especially the green top hat for defending).

Yeah, you're equipment builds are better than mine when you include the walking stick (don't know why I didn't add those on for the attacking??)

If you don't have the walking stick you want to change the Hat and ties and also if you aren't a soldier you won't have a trumpet, so you'll want either the Tomahawk (if your high enough level) or Pepperbox Revolver for the dodge.

You should change out the Black leather jacket with the Sunday clothing for attacking though. +13 points vs +11 points (on Aim & Dodge).

DeletedUser

Skill bonuses

• +1 bonus with one point and up
  • +2 bonus with 3 points and up
  • +3 bonus with 10 points and up
  • +4 bonus with 23 points and up
  • +5 bonus with 43 points and up
  • +6 bonus with 71 points and up
  • +7 bonus with 108 points and up
  • +8 bonus with 155 points and up
  • +9 bonus with 211 points and up
It isn't useful to rely on 1 or 2 skills only. Using 211 skillpoints for leadership will provide a total bonus of 9 (whether you shoot/dodge and being defender/attacker). Spending 10 points for each skill (50 total) has the very same effect (3x +3 in every combination)
Of course in the first example you'd most likely have some low values in the other skills, too, so it might not be that bad, but it's better to spread your skills and have them all on a medium level.

Also your fort equipment heavily depends on your skills. If you have 110 leadership for example, you'd get +7 bonus. When you use equipment now, that boosts leadership for 40 points, you'd end up having 150 skillpoints in leadership but still the very same bonus of +7.
If your leadership is only 5 (+2 bonus) and you equip the +40 leadership stuff, you'll end up having 45 leadership (+5), but then you have an actual gain with the very same equipment of the previous example.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So then are all the skills used given the same value? If with my best gear I can get 45 each for dodge and leadership, and 170 for hiding, does that give me +18 to dodge in fort battles as a defender?

DeletedUser

It appears so.
Though nobody but the devs know what that +18 bonus actually means. It might work similar to the defensive value of duels. So a random number between 1 and 18 is taken and compared to a random value of the attacker with his lead/aim/stam skills in that situation. (and additionally of course the influence of boni and mali of towers/walls/buildings/flag and distance between the characters)

DeletedUser

Im wondering, do the bonuses stop at +9? Say I have 250+ sp in a certain skill, is the max bonus I can get still only +9 for that skill?

DeletedUser

This whole fort caper has passed me by, sorry.

Why are these items the best for attacking/defending: particularly things like the trumpet? Sorry if I've missed one or many threads on this.

DeletedUser

Im wondering, do the bonuses stop at +9? Say I have 250+ sp in a certain skill, is the max bonus I can get still only +9 for that skill?

It state's +9 is for 211 SP and up

I would say that +9 is the most you are going to get :)

DeletedUser544

went through with my friend the other night and we were looking at items from the perspective of total fort battle points contributed by the gear
we also included health points as a skill (even though it doesn't help the actual shooting or dodging in the battle)

I refer to this cumulative value as the FBSV (Fort Battle Skill Value)

Head:
Best: Fancy Felt Hat
Reason: gives aim, dodge, and health and has the highest FBSV
Runners Up: Black Stetson, Brown Stetson, Black Felt Hat, Brown Felt Hat, Grey Felt Hat, Green Top Hat

Neck:
Best: Brown Tie
Reasons: gives leadership, health, and dodging and has highest FBSV
Runners Up: Fancy Tie, Black Tie, Red Tie, Yellow Tie, Golden Buffalo

Clothing:
Best: Black Leather Jacket
Reasons: Gives hiding and leadership and has highest FBSV
Runners Up: Brown Leather Jacket, Fancy Leather Jacket, Sunday Clothing

Shoes:
Best: Sandals
Reasons: Gives health, aim, dodging and has highest FBSV
Runners Up: Fancy Boots, Fancy Riding Boots, Moccasins

DeletedUser

This whole fort caper has passed me by, sorry.

Why are these items the best for attacking/defending: particularly things like the trumpet? Sorry if I've missed one or many threads on this.

Attacking fort
Shooting: Leadership, Aim, Stamina
Dodging: Leadership, Dodge, Stamina

Defending fort
Shooting: Leadership, Aim, Hiding
Dodging: Leadership, Dodge, Hiding

DeletedUser

@Roland: Aim and dodge should only count half compared to the other skills, as the other skills are used both to shoot and dodge. Also see Jack's post, the best gear very much depends on your current skills, increasing aim from 44 to 56 is pointless, but increasing stamina from 0 to 10 will make a massive difference to your chances to hit and dodge when attacking a fort.

DeletedUser544

yes I know all that
I stated the criteria for the items I ranked was total contributing points amongst the skills I listed; did you read the initial description of what the ranking was based on?

furthermore, the other skills are not used to shoot and dodge only leadership is used for both shooting and dodging. stamina is just for shooting; and hiding is just for dodging. and honestly, I had it in my head that leadership was just shooting too so I am not sure on that one... but 'hiding' is not going to give you a bonus in shooting

DeletedUser

yes I know all that
I stated the criteria for the items I ranked was total contributing points amongst the skills I listed; did you read the initial description of what the ranking was based on?

furthermore, the other skills are not used to shoot and dodge only leadership is used for both shooting and dodging. stamina is just for shooting; and hiding is just for dodging. and honestly, I had it in my head that leadership was just shooting too so I am not sure on that one... but 'hiding' is not going to give you a bonus in shooting
Really?
Perhaps you should read the help again.
Stamina is for both shooting and dodging when attacking a fort.
Hiding is for both shooting and dodging when defending a fort.

And yes I did read what your ranking was based on, I was just pointing out the error in basing it on those parameters. I am not the one here that lacks comprehension. Sorry if I upset you by pointing out your errors, but I was trying to be helpful.