Website Best clothes for each job and character

DeletedUser

Hi guys, here is a list of best clothes for each job and each character (worker,adventurer, dueller, soldier and greenhorn).

This calculation is based on TWI calculator and I used all accessible products, clothes and weapons except Athois foil and Bellestars derringer as nobody has found them yet. Just note: Some of items require high level (weapons).

Here is the link:

Please, if you find any differences in the sheet, PM me with correction.

Hopefully, this will help somebody. Also, if anybody is interested in updated calculator which I used, PM me and I will send you a link.

Regards,
abedy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks abedy. Moving this to the external sites board in Saloon.

DeletedUser

Hmmm... not sure I agree with some of this. For example to transport ammunition you have the brown top hat listed as the highest headgear at +18 points, but Lincoln's top hat should give you +23... perhaps I am missing something?:unsure:

DeletedUser

Hmmm... not sure I agree with some of this. For example to transport ammunition you have the brown top hat listed as the highest headgear at +18 points, but Lincoln's top hat should give you +23... perhaps I am missing something?:unsure:

Gentleman's set.

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot for compiling this info!

I've made a list of every piece of equipment that's optimal for any job for the adventurer. I might make one for soldiers as well, but it won't be in the near future. I don't have any dueller or worker characters, so I haven't looked at those lists at all.

So, here goes. With every item on this list (and the level to use them all) a male adventurer will be optimally equipped for all jobs:

~ HATS ~
Black Bowler Hat
Brown Top Hat
Fancy Woolly Hat
Indian Feather Hat
Sombrero
Fancy Slouch Hat
Fancy Stetson
Fancy Leather Hat
Green Top Hat
Brown Leather Hat
Lincoln's Top Hat
Brown Woolly Hat
Black Leather Hat
Gray Slouch Hat
Adventurer Hat
Fancy Bowler Hat

~ CLOTHING ~
Fancy Leather Jacket
Fancy Dress Coat
Fancy Waistcoat
Indian Clothing
Black Leather Jacket
Brown Waistcoat
Fancy Coat
Yellow Cotton Jacket
Red Cotton Jacket
Brown Cotton Jacket
Brown Coat
Flannel Shirt
Black Cotton Jacket
Brown Checkered Shirt
Black Coat
Red Checkered Shirt

~ SHOES ~
Moccasins
Fancy Shoes
Fancy Boots
Pilgrim's Shoes
Charlatan's Shoes
Black Riding Boots
Brown Riding Boots
Brown boots
Gray Riding boots
Fancy Riding boots

~ NECKGEAR ~
Aztec Necklace
Black Tie
Blue Shawl
Golden Indian Necklace
Brown Shawl
Mexican Bandana
Fancy Bow Tie
Red Shawl
Golden Buffalo
Green Shawl
Fancy Tie
Black Shawl
Yellow Bow Tie

~ WEAPON ~
Corrosive Acid
Bowie's Knife
Precise Peacemaker
Drake's Muzzle-loader
Hernando's Sword
Rusty Colt Buntline
Precise Revolver No 1
Sharp Lumberjack Axe
Precise Schofield
Huckleberry's Slingshot
Granmont's Pistol
Precise Army Revolver

~ MOUNT ~
Mustang
Donkey

~ PRODUCT ~
Elixir
Walking Stick
Tequila
Compass (!)
Song book

EDIT: There might be a problem with the couple of jobs that use the Compass. It doesn't make sense to include that item in the calculations since you'll only have it temporary. Theoretically leaving this out could change the list above, but I really doubt that it will...

EDIT2: Some of the items above are not needed. One example is the Brown woolly hat. The Fancy woolly hat is at least as good as the brown one, since it gives all the same skills - and more! The brown one is on the list above since it's checked by TWI earlier, and the Fancy woolly isn't strictly better for all jobs. There might be other items on the list that aren't needed.

EDIT3: Gray Riding boots are another example of an unneeded item. The Brown Riding Boots are atleast as good for every job.

DeletedUser

EDIT: There might be a problem with the couple of jobs that use the Compass. It doesn't make sense to include that item in the calculations since you'll only have it temporary. Theoretically leaving this out could change the list above, but I really doubt that it will...

There's no reason to include it since turning it in to complete "Let the adventure begin" gives SP in HBR equal to what the compass gives you.

DeletedUser

Can exclude compass from my sheet. No problem. You are right guys, it will gives you only temporary bonus, unless you don't want to continue in story line :razz:

DeletedUser

Hmm... Adding everything up this puts my Adventurer's wish list at a grand total of 175.320$ + Note Part 1... :D

DeletedUser

Is there a way too see the best possible items for all jobs without the walking stick? :)

DeletedUser

Is there a way too see the best possible items for all jobs without the walking stick? :)
Yes, there is... various people have spreadsheets floating around that also calcs the best clothes, if they would be willing to spend the time for you without the Walking Stick. (Not to mention the options in some of the other sites listed here).

Edit: See here for an adventurer - for a different character, it could be different again. if anybody find higher scores (some products can give the same scores), please let me know.

DeletedUser

Yes, there is... various people have spreadsheets floating around that also calcs the best clothes, if they would be willing to spend the time for you without the Walking Stick. (Not to mention the options in some of the other sites listed here).

Edit: See here for an adventurer - for a different character, it could be different again. if anybody find higher scores (some products can give the same scores), please let me know.

Thx. :)

DeletedUser12669

lincons tophat gives me more bonus than a brown tophat for guarding the stagecoach

DeletedUser

answer

Yes...I can't get dressed without it.

http://www.thewestinsider.com

Edit: I guess I assumed you were talking about of the items you own, but the insider does let you enter in an item you don't have so you can see the effect. It would be tedious to try on each hat, shirt, etc., but it still could be done using this tool.

DeletedUser

It would be tedious to try on each hat, shirt, etc., but it still could be done using this tool.

Extremely tedious, since you can only enter one of each type item at a time. Trying every permutation of gear manually is a complete waste of time.

DeletedUser

thanks. i'm speccing to rob trains. i own all the best items on your spreadsheet, yet westinsider tells me to wear other items. by equipping your set, i've saved 1 LP, which means i can do the job 1 level sooner.

DeletedUser

thanks. i'm speccing to rob trains. i own all the best items on your spreadsheet, yet westinsider tells me to wear other items. by equipping your set, i've saved 1 LP, which means i can do the job 1 level sooner.

thewestinsider does some strange things indeed...

On one worlds I play, it says this are my best items for robbing trains.

Black bowler hat [18], Fancy waistcoat [30], Fancy boots [31], Golden Indian necklace [7], Corrosive acid [0], Mustang [0], Elixir [0], (Charlatan's set bonus=24), (Indian's set bonus=10)

These are indeed the best items for it.

However, on another worlds I play, I DO have those items, and it says these are the best items:

Black bowler hat [18], Fancy waistcoat [30], Fancy boots [31], Fancy bow tie [1], Corrosive acid [0], Elixir [0], (Charlatan's set bonus=38)

It's a difference of 2 labour points indeed. :)

DeletedUser

westinsider tells me to wear these items for robbing trains:
Black bowler hat
[18], Indian clothing [21], Fancy boots [31], Fancy bow tie [1], Corrosive acid [0], Mustang [0], Elixir [0], (Charlatan's set bonus=38), (Indian's set bonus=10)