Below Absolute Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apelatia

From within the kitchens at Alpha, Ragnar gasped in surprise as all the power suddenly shut off. With no way to see anything, he groped around in the pitch blackness of the kitchen for anything he could use to see his way around. Something really had been strange about these past few days... Ragnar cast his mind back to the scuttling noise in the ventilation system. Could that really have been something, or... No, he was just imagining it of course... That lingering shadow of doubt still held its place in his mind though. At a loss for finding any sort of lighting device, Ragnar made his way towards the door. He would try to find his way back to the station, and then... hopefully rendezvous with some other lost workers. From the kitchen, Ragnar started to proceed in a random direction towards where he hoped that he would meet some others...

DeletedUser28032

Stieg
"Ok you heard him lads lets get the hell out of here!" Stieg roared in an authoritative voice as he followed Peadar's lead and switched on the light affixed to his PPE as did the other miners before quickly heading down the frozen corridor making sure that those of them without PPE; Harriet and Mark were kept close.
They were about halfway back to the main site when the charges went off; shaking the very ground beneath their feet and causing a small shower of dust and ice to rain upon their heads "Ok that was close guys; Harriet I want you and Mark to return to the station and wait there where its warmer, Peadar come with me we need to find out why our back up system isn't working, ok lets move people before we all freeze to death"
------------------------
Ragnar
Ragnar thankfully didn't have to go too far in the dark before the battery powered emergency lights slowly came to life casting the building into a kind of greyish twilight "Are you ok Ragnar, the power seems to have gone down" the voice of G47Y as he emerged from the cold storage where he'd been checking on the meat supply "Do you think we should find someone?"
------------------------
Sara
From within the closet Sara could just about make out the soft glow of the emergency lights as they slowly came to life; providing enough light to find the emergency exits but not a lot else.
Suddenly the sound of running feet could be heard coming from outside of her room followed by shouted orders and the startled cries of people within the nearby rooms. A Pair of gunshots ring out in amongst the sound of people being rounded up and then she heard the sound of boots as they entered her room.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Not much for me to post, sorry)

As Sara heard the boots come in she opened the door a tiny amount, thankfully it stayed silent and she peered out into her room to see who had come in. She was fearful, however, if it was just the one person then using the element of surprise she should be able to take them out silently.

DeletedUser13682

Thanks to the decisive leadership, and the lights on the PpEs, everyone was able to make it out of the pit in time; the only casualties being the cleanliness of everyone's gear, which wasn't the cleanest to begin with. As Stieg sent Harriet and Mark back to Central, he ordered Peadar to come with him to find out why the backup systems didn't activate. "Sure, just half a minute. Gotta report this." Looking for a sound powered phone jack proved to be somewhat easy, but the first jack linked to the waste control circuit. The second one linked to Engineering Central. That would work, if Peadar trusted the guy up there. The third was security. Peadar plugged the headset in and pressed the buzzer before speaking. "Security Central, Alpha Maintenance. Primary and Secondary power offline. Pit explosives detonated prematurely. Sabotage suspected. Request security team and competent engineers for repair of backup generators."

Apelatia

As he had started to make his way outside of the building into the darkness, the lights had miraculously turned on again inside the small kitchen unit. Either that, or some backup system had kicked in... Not that Ragnar would have an idea which of those two it was... His electrical knowledge was limited simply to, 'Hit the switch to turn the power on, and turn it off again once you're done.' As Ragnar stepped cautiously back into the kitchen, he moved over to the bench and picked up a knife to begin chopping up lemons. There were still so many of them, and they had to be used up somehow... Unfortunately, he still had to squint in order to be able to see things. Hoping that he wouldn't cut his fingers off for the lack of light, he jumped in surprise when the Andy came out from the cold storage area and asked him if he was OK. Upon realising that is was only the Andy, he relaxed, and continued chopping lemons while talking. "Yes, I'm fine. I've managed to avoid any unneeded accidents so far... What do you think happened?" Ragnar groaned. He'd cut his ring finger in a hasty move with the chopping knife. "Arhhh, I give up on this... I suppose we should go and find someone... Waiting around here for the real light to turn back on doesn't sound like a great idea to me." Dropping the knife on the surface, and pocketing an un-chopped lemon, Ragnar motioned towards the door with his untainted hand. "You first G47Y. I haven't a clue where we could find someone..."

DeletedUser28032

Sara
Two men slowly entered the room; dressed in body armour the torches mounted upon their rifles slowly sweep the room, blinding her as they briefly pass over the crack within the closet door.
The light lingers far too long for comfort and is then followed by the sound of somebody approaching "What are you doing?" a voice asks causing the footsteps to stop "I thought I saw something there for a second"
"Yeah and why don't you check under the bed whilst you're at it?"
"Shut your face, come on lets get moving"
The light vanishes as the two men turn and leave the room once again leaving Sara all by herself within the closet.
--------------------------------------------
The Control Centre
Thrown into confusion by the sudden power outage the small group of people sat within the room were completely unprepared for what followed. A clanging of something metal striking the floor followed by a loud bang and a blinding flash of light preceded several men in combat armour storming the room, a hail of gunfire deafening loud as somebody fires into the ceiling "All of you in the main office now!" a voice bellows as those within are herded into the main office to join the already cowed office workers.
Surrounded by armed men the staff sat upon the floor listening to the distant sounds of gunfire and shouted orders.
It was at this point that Manfred accompanied by a pair of armed security officers entered the room making it clear to those within whose side they were on "Manfred!? What in gods name is happening here? I demand to know what is happening!" Mr. Weiland screams, his face red with rage as he stands up to face his former head of security "Its quite simple really we're taking over this facility and there is nothing you can do to stop me" Manfred replied in a calm voice as if stating a known fact, his very calmness seeming to send the MD over the edge "The hell there isn't! you won't get away with this Speer the company will not stand for this, they'll drop on you like a ton of bricks and when they do I'll be there to see that you get what you deserve!" a small smile appears upon Speers face as slowly begins to chuckle to himself before raising his pistol and shooting his boss straight between the eyes "no you won't"
-----------------------------------------------------
Peadar
Despite repeating his message Peadar receives no reply from the other end though he is sure that he can hear someone in the background. The line is suddenly goes dead despite the fact that the receiver in his hand was still fully working "Come along Peadar we can deal with that later we've more pressing matters to attend to...unless you want you're lab friend to freeze" Stieg spoke placing a hand upon the others mans shoulder as he does so.
All of the facilities electrical plant was only a short distance away; secure within its own little cage meaning that with the key or a very heavy duty pair of bolt cutters no one could have tampered with the system "Come on, you know as well as I do that it takes two to get this damn system running again so lets get a move on"
-------------------------------------------------------
Ragnar
"Perhaps we should try the office upstairs?" the Andy suggested helpfully, helpful being its default setting for nearly every situation "...although I believe the manager is out on site there may be somebody to enlighten us on the current lack of illumination" he continued before heading through the kitchen door and into the corridor just as another door banged open as two figures a man and a woman entered; coming in from the outside Please god say you have a heater or something I...I can't feel my fingers" the woman sobs shivering violently as she does so stupid prank I am going get damn frost bite over this!
--------------------------------------------------------
Chris
Dust and ice filled his lungs as he lay coughing upon the floor, the blast having knocked him out cold before being left behind by the others in the ensuing confusion but no matter it was only a short walk and he was ok, just a little winded.
Suddenly a strange chittering noise erupts from behind him in the direction of where the charges had been placed.
Rolling onto his back Chris strains his eyes to see the source of the sound coming from out of the darkness.
Never having been a fan of horror films the northerner didn't realise how bad a move searching for the strange noise was and so by the time he does find its source he only just has long enough to scream.

DeletedUser31931

Sara stepped out, the ceiling began to crack and suddenly it caved in. The last thing she remembered was thinking that the pay hadn't been worth it...

(It's a pity, this was promising, but ah well)

DeletedUser35174

Ethan equipped his M9. "adios" he said to Raul and Isaac and shot them both in the head. He then turned the gun to his temple, "Whheeeeeeeeeeeeee!" he exclaimed and then shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.