Below Absolute Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser35174

"I didn't kill them you know, they say I did but I didn't...not...not all of them" she says in the same hysterical tone of voice as she looked imploringly at the two men for some reason desperately wanting them to believe her “Who’s he! He’s not here to take me away is he because I am not going you’re not taking me back there, I am not wearing yellow no more and you can’t make me You HEAR ME!” Screamed Harriet at the new man. Yellow.. damn she must think hes taking here back to prison. "Harriet you're not going anywhere, He's just...... the janitor. He's not taking you anywhere now why don't you just put down the knife and have a glass of water to calm you down" said Ethan in hopes of reassuring her he was never good at apologizing or making people feel better. As Ethan expected his words bounced of her without causing one dent. She throws away the knife and charges at.... no not him, Ragnar. Now since there was no danger of getting stabbed Ethan's training flashed in his mind he stepped sideways, going behind her he wrapped his arms around Harriet tightening around her neck, "sleeper hold". To take precautions Ethan pushed with his knees in order for her to fall. Quickly he tightened his grip on the poor girl. Once a marine always a marine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

"Or Hoth." Peadar interjected into Harriet's insistence. She asked about the new man who came in, was he taking her away she asked. What new man? There was a new man. "Who are you? How'd you get in? Get out! This is an off limits area. No CTA papers accepted..." He did it. Peadar had done it. He had finally had a moment where he thought he was back in the Cavalry, patrolling the border between the Irish and the Irish. Before he could think of the implications of this, Peadar was drawn back to the present. The newcomer had been knocked down and was being throttled by Harriet. Ethan had immediately sprung into action, using a MCMAP sleeper hold.

"Harriet, I know it seems like you're in a bad way, and I know you're probably thinking the worst, but you won't be wearing any colour you don't want to. I know how you Sloane Rangers like to stay fashionable. That being said, you can't go and attack people like that. I know you didn't kill those people, and now is the time to prove it. Calm down, I'll have Arthur let you go, and we'll talk over a cup of whatever, as long as it's not tea. Can't stand the stuff. You have my word as Shining Knight (what a horrible title that only a person under a royal would use) Peadar that we're here to help you in any way we can."

Apelatia

After being ordered to guard the door, Ragnar had silently obeyed, not knowing anything better to do at the time. The Canary had gone into hysterics about not killing someone, or something like that... She really did seem quite agitated about the whole affair. Well, as long as he wasn't involved in the 'dying' part, he was happy. Then, suddenly, the girl had decided that he was there to take her away to some place. She had dropped the knife she was holding and had charged at him, with the obvious intention of throttling him. Ragnar stepped into the corridor, ready to defend himself against her ferocity. But, Ethan had stopped her immediately in her tracks.

Ragnar decided that her needed to calm this girl, and persuade her that he wasn't here to capture her. "I'm not here to hurt you Harriet. My name is Ragnar, and I am here to work just like the rest of you are. So, you don't need to think that I'm going to do anything horrible to you. I'd much rather be your friend, than your enemy for no reason." Ragnar smiled at the girl. He felt sympathy for her. What she had gone through in prison sounded terrible. He decided that he would do his best to be nice to her in his time on this strange planet.

(OOC: I arrived with the rest of you guys, so you should all know me. Read back to my intro page if you don't remember.)

DeletedUser

Speer reacted angrily to Doemenic's statement. Irritated, he commanded him to take the guards to Harriet's room. Nodding, he took another breath for turning and jogging back down the corridor towards where he'd left the others.

(Not much for me to say...)

Deleted User - 819397

PTSD. He'd woken up for PTSD. Angry, Xenon returned to his apartment and climbed back into bed. What a sham...the woman he'd thought of approaching to be a henchman in whatever sort of activity he would eventually get up to wasn't fit to serve, obviously. Doing his best to ignore the continued sounds of commotion, Xenon attempted to go back to sleep. He had a mining satellite to run.

DeletedUser28032

Harriet
Feeling Ethan’s arm around her Harriet struggles violently; slamming the heel of her foot down upon his unprotected toes and reaching back with her hands in an attempt to drive her thumb into his eye in order to escape.
As Ragnar tries to explain himself and make it clear that he intended her no harm Harriet merely glares at him before screaming "Liar!" certain in her mind that he was responsible and would punish him just as soon as the gorilla released his hold upon her.
It was only Peadar stating that her believed her that caused her to calm down or at least stop fighting back for the time being "You...you believe me?" she asked half fearing it to be some kind of trick "...and you won't let him take me away will you, I'll behave I promise" she continued with the hysterical note practically gone from out of her voice even if she hadn't completely returned to the real world just yet.
----------------------------
Captain Speer
It didn't take long for the pair of security personnel to locate Harriet’s room; its door hanging from its hinges and the sound of voices coming from inside.
Stepping into the room Manfred takes it all in with a glance spotting the ex-convict currently being restrained in the midst of the scattered items across the floor "What in gods name have you been doing Dirty Harry? Good work Ethan we'll take it from here, Zipora cuff her and help me drag miss Lynch here down to the holding cells we'll teach her to attack fellow workers"

DeletedUser13682

At first, it seemed like nothing they said calmed Harriet. Luckily for the group, Ethan was able to take the pain. Also lucky for the group, Peadar was able to calm Harriet down. "Of course. Sloane Rangers do tend to tell the truth (sometimes). I believe you'll behave. Now, let's clean this room up and I'll see about fixing the door. In the meantime, here." Peadar took out his room key and set it on the bed. "My room's a wee bit more secure right now. Since I broke this door, I'll watch this room until I fix it. Ethan, you can let Harriet go now. You're not hurt badly, any of you, right?" Somehow, Peadar seemed to be the only one in here to escape getting attacked in some way.

Just when he thought they were in the clear, Peadar saw Manfred Speer enter, the South African commander of the garrison, with one of his soldiers in tow. He demanded Harriet be cuffed and taken into custody. That was about the last thing anyone needed. If Peadar didn't act quickly, Harriet might relapse. "Commander Speer, that isn't necessary. Harriet was suffering from a flashback. She has PTSD. It was the same sort of thing American soldiers experienced after they came home from their Vietnam Conflict, back in the 1960s. I'm right next door to her. I'll be able to keep an eye on her, and help her out if she needs it. Threatening to lock Harriet up is the last thing we want to do. It would be best if we all went to our barracks and I'll send you a report in the morning Commander." Peadar hoped this diplomacy would work. If not, he may have to protect Harriet by force. Hopefully Ethan and the other, no, his name is Ragnar, another Scandinavian (maybe it's the climate), would see things Peadar's way if things got down to physical contact.

DeletedUser35174

Ethan was too busy biting down the pain in his foot to listen to Harriet and Peadar. It was only After he felt her relax that he heard Peadar asking him to let her go. Gently and slowly Ethan unwrapped his hands and stood up, fists still clenched just in case. After the Irish offered his room key to Harriet and offered to clean up the mess Ethan also asked to help. "ye sure thing, I'll stay and help too, and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask I'm one door away,112." Ethan said in which he thought was a calming voice. Just then Ethan's new boss walked into the room. Ethan felt embarrassed, he was standing in front of his boss wearing nothing but pyjama pants. After Speer ordered Harriet to be shackled Peadar started protesting, and as much as Ethan hated it he found himself doing the same. He took a few steps forward till he was beside Peadar and Harriet was behind them. "He's right sir. She's just suffering a flashback that's all, No one has been harmed and she can stay in Peadar's or my room for the night. If anything happens we'll sort it out. I'm only next door" Ethan started protesting alongside Peadar.

DeletedUser28032

Captain Speer
"Oh I apologise...I didn't realise that you were my commanding officer" Manfred sneered before moving to stand uncomfortably close to the Irishman with murder in his eyes as he growled at him "Listen here Paddy this is your one and only warning...I run this station you understand me? and I will not be dictated to by some jumped up miner and if you ever try and get in my way again you won't even have time to regret it" the South African stands glowering at the other man for several seconds before stepping back signalling for Zipora to continue cuffing Harriet with a quick hand gesture.
"You're a good soldier Ethan and you have the potential to go far...but not if you keep hanging around with murderers and trouble makers" Manfred spoke calmly to his new recruit in a tone of voice that a disappointed teacher would use when speaking to a gifted student.
Calm but extremely disorientated, Harriet didn't resist as the female guard placed her in a pair of handcuffs and pulled her to her feet, her boss already heading for the door pausing briefly to look down at the crowbar sat within the doorway where Peadar had left it a grin appearing on the officers face "This your crowbar paddy? The doors are company property so we'll be docking your wages for the damage you've caused" with his piece said he then continues out the door.

DeletedUser35174

"Oh I apologise...I didn't realise that you were my commanding officer. Listen here Paddy this is your one and only warning...I run this station you understand me? and I will not be dictated to by some jumped up miner and if you ever try and get in my way again you won't even have time to regret it" Speer warned Peadar. Ethan guessed that Peadar's instincts were telling him to punch Speer square on the face but his brain is telling him otherwise.
"You're a good soldier Ethan and you have the potential to go far...but not if you keep hanging around with murderers and trouble makers" Speer turned to Ethan. Feeling a little depressed now as he has accomplished nothing this night Ethan spoke up. "I understand that sir. It's just... I've seen plenty of cases like this back in the marines and i know Peadar has too. This is not the way to handle it. I understand your concern for safety but locking her up will only stir more emotions, she'll end up hurting herself. I would also like to state that i too had a part in breaking open this door, It's only fair that it should be cut off my wages too.". Ethan knew he would regret this in days to come.

DeletedUser13682

Damn this Boer brute with his Napoleon complex and grudge against Harriet. He had tried to be nice to the guy, had even resisted attacking the guy as he yelled in Peadar's face, but docking his wages as well; taking Harriet away was bad enough but cutting off Peadar's money, what else would he use to buy the necessities? Time to change tactics. After Ethan had spoken, Peadar said a bit. "Hey, you AWB (hopefully Speer was former AWB, he did seem the type) , I don't give two bits what grudge you have against Harriet. That's in the past. Harriet needs a good environment right now. You sending Harriet to your new Robbenieland is the last thing she needs. I'm more than willing to defend that viewpoint. I'm surprised you didn't learn Irish respect after the failure of your Boerestaat rebellion."

Apelatia

Ragnar watched the situation in silence, tossing between the two sides of the argument. He didn't want to make enemies this soon into his adventure, but that was an inevitable part of life he supposed. That Harriet had got a bit out of control, even if it was PTSD, that wasn't enough to justify her trying to kill him. Summoning his courage to speak up, he addresses Peadar and Ethan, "You heard the Captain, he's in charge here and you're not. That Harriet needs to be taught a lesson, and Captain Speer seems to know the best method of punishment for her. I'm happy to submit to whatever decision he makes. I'd also advise you folks to not make yourselves a bad name this early into the trip. Stop defending that thug, she's not worth a bit of what you folks are giving her credit for." Deciding it would be best to leave soon, Ragnar slipped quietly into the corridor, so that he wouldn't get in the way if any fight broke out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13682

(Addendum 1 to post Nº 682117)

Before the Boer could respond (an event Peadar was looking forward to), the Scandinavian Ragnar spoke up. From the outset, it was naught but praise for the damned AWB RIC analogue. "Punishment? Do you even know what PTSD is? It's flashbacks to horrible events in your past, your sympathetic nervous system takes over. You can't control yourself. What Harriet needs is help not punishment. You would know that if you had seen any sort of horrific event. But your life is too cushy. Until now. Welcome to smegging Niflheimr! It'll make your damned Scandihoovian peninsula seem like New Caledonia! Thug? You think Harriet is a thug? I'm the thug! You should have been on the border of the former CTA. It's a wonder I'm still in one piece!" Though not intending to, Peadar was close to the snapping point, all over a fallen posh limey. The reasons why would have to be explored later. Of course, Peadar wasn't thinking this. All he had in his head at the moment was wanting to bash a couple of skulls together.

DeletedUser35174

Ethan listened to Ragnar as he sided with Speer. "you serious, you have no idea what...." Ethan was cut off by Peadar's rage as he replied to Ragnar. Ethan guessed that Peadar was fueling with rage. After he had said his piece Ethan turned and stood facing him. Putting his hands on his chest he pushed him back a few steps " Don't do something you'll regret". Turning back towards Speer and Ragnar. "I think it's time you leave" he said trying his best to sound calm. He turned towards Speer "Is this what you really want to do?, I respect your concerns but she is the victim here. Listen to Peadar he has seen this before." Ethan stepped back so he was in a position to stop Peadar if he let his anger get the better off him.

Apelatia

Ragnar laughed as Peader got himself worked into a frenzy. "I'd study my geography better before saying that Iceland be part of any peninsula my friend! As for PTSD, she already got over that, and now she's just feigning it to put on a show. I'm no fool, next time she comes near me, she'll have a saucepan coming crashing down on er head!" Turning to Ethan, who seemed to want to take control of the whole situation, he said, "I'm off to bed now, have fun teaching Peadar his geography! Next time we meet, he'll need to know where Iceland is!" With that, Ragnar strode down the corridor to his room, moved the chair he had placed in front of the door back to it's original position, and got into bed, intending to get some good sleep, so that he would be ready to face whatever challenges the new day brought.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: Wow...that escalated fast)

Captain Speer
He had been set to ignore the Irishman's jibes and keep on walking whilst making a note to make things even later only to watch as the argument broke out between the three men with the threat of violence occurring seeming imminent "You! back to your room before I have you charged!" he shouted at Peadar finally having had enough of the troublesome Irishman his hand moving to the butt of his sidearm just in case he was foolish enough to try anything stupid whilst Zipora meanwhile moved for the radio clipped to her collar ready to call for back up not that they'd need it after all there would be no reprisals if he shot the other man and Zipora would back up whatever story he told them.
Putting aside any thoughts of murder he may of had he turned his attention over to Ethan who was still trying to protect the half mad murderess within his custody and deciding that a different tact would be needed with him "Very well if you wish to be her nursemaid so be it...Officer Barack have you witnessed Officer Murphy accepting both full responsibility and custody of Miss Lynch?"
"Yes sir"
"Very well uncuff her...If anything happens then it falls on you Ethan understand? good, now try not to become victim number six" with Harriet uncuffed the two of them carry on with the rest of their patrol confident that miss Lynch wouldn't be so lucky next time.

DeletedUser13682

Iceland? Peadar could've sworn the guy was from Norway. Iceland was even worse, couldn't even tell the truth in its name. Peadar had been to Iceland, beautiful place, friendly people, they even had puffins. But this guy, he couldn't even keep himself safe, couldn't listen to simple instructions. He would have said all this to the Icelander, but he had gone. And in a startling turn of events, Ethan was granted custody of Harriet in a surprising turn of events. Luckily the Boer brute didn't do anything to Peadar, seemed to ignore him altogether, which was fine by Peadar.

"We won, a victory for the people against the threat of right wing brutality!" Peadar cheered, while giving Ethan a clap on the shoulder. "Harriet, you don't mind staying in my room while I fix your door, do you? I've brought my record collection, you can browse through it. I have digital too if vinyl isn't to your liking. I'll just need to grab my printer, let's see, some powder brass, and some alcohol. Mind helping me bring that over Ethan?"

DeletedUser35174

"Very well if you wish to be her nursemaid so be it...Officer Barack have you witnessed Officer Murphy accepting both full responsibility and custody of Miss Lynch?" said speer. "no problem" replied Ethan. Ethan was half worried half happy. Who knew what Harriet was capable of. Still it was better her with him and Peadar rather that Speer. Peadar seemed to love the little victory they just achieved. "We won, a victory for the people against the threat of right wing brutality! Harriet, you don't mind staying in my room while I fix your door, do you? I've brought my record collection, you can browse through it. I have digital too if vinyl isn't to your liking. I'll just need to grab my printer, let's see, some powder brass, and some alcohol. Mind helping me bring that over Ethan?" Peadar Cheered. "Sure thing man" Ethan replied with a wide grin on his face. He turned to Harriet and pleaded "Harriet please don't do anything stupid, I'm begging you here. Next time it won't be just you in trouble but me too".

DeletedUser28032

Harriet
"Its victim number four...I didn't kill the other two" Harriet muttered quietly as the Israeli woman undid her cuffs. Half listening to the conversation going on around her she watches as the two security personnel carry on their way half expecting them to change their minds at any moment and drag her off to the cells "I doubt that’s going to be possible...Speers got it in for me and...well I am a mess" she spoke in reply to Ethan with a sympathetic smile the thought no good deed goes unpunished springing to the fore of her mind as she did so "Don't worry about the mess I'll clean it up, I won't be sleeping much this night though if you guys couldn't kick down my door tomorrow night it would be much appreciated" she said, wondering if they would grasp the implications of what she was saying.
Following the Irishman to his room she takes a seat on the rooms only chair with her tattooed arms folded across her chest and watches as he gets to work on repairing the lock to her door though why he was being so nice to her after all the trouble she had just caused him was beyond her.

DeletedUser13682

Peadar smiled, and headed to his room to grab a tape measure. Returning to Harriet's room, Peadar inspected the damage. As expected, the door frame was broken, but unexpectedly, so was the lock, and one of the hinges was also snapped. Maybe if they were this easy to snap, Peadar would also have to replace his door parts. Maybe print a metal door, after he printed a big enough printer. Time to start with a new frame part, made from a nice stainless.

Peadar returned to his room, and took out a tablet pc and took a few pictures of Harriet's door frame, door jamb, and hinges. Based on these, Peadar headed back to his room and began drawing replacement parts. It took a while, and Peadar went through a few bottles, but he got all them drawn satisfactory. After setting up his main printer, and loading up the cartridge with powder stainless, Peadar sent the parts to the printer, and it began to create its orders, beginning with that new frame section. It was at this time that Peadar noticed Harriet sitting in the only chair in the room. "Oh, didn't see you there. Sorry, I forgot that you were sleeping here. I can move over to your room, if you want. Let you get some rest before you begin your work in the morning."

Status
Not open for further replies.