Below Absolute Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

"You know what happening? We go to facility now? I need good drink." Said Olaf. Doemenic nodded. "Yeah, let's head over to the bar, wherever it is."
It was then that the Canary spat mouthwash in the face of the guard, before making a run for the door.
The man in front of the door knelt down and grabbed her before placing her on the floor.
The Irishman moved up towards the pair and began talking.
Doemenic sighed, this wasn't any of his business, best stay out of it.
"I'm gonna head to the bar." He announced, standing up. "You coming?" He asked Olaf.

DeletedUser

Olaf watched the events with the canary unfold and shook his head sadly. 'She be in bad way if she think escape here.' He muttered before turning back to his new drinking buddy.

"I'm gonna head to the bar. You coming?" Dominic said, disturbing Olaf from his thoughts.

'Yes, let us find bar. I buy and we be merry.' He slapped Dominic on the back and strode over to the blond guide. 'You have bar here? I be, how you say, grasping for the drink.'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35174

Ethan quickly stood up and looked at the people that were staring at what he done. One person an Irishman by the looks of him asked was he a marine. "yes" he replied. It wasn't after he said that, that he uncurled his fists. He shouldn't have stopped her, it was none of his business. He heard the two guys who were shaking hands earlier were going to the bar. Quickly he jogged up to them and politely said "Do you mind if i join you". He wasn't much of a drinker but he needed to make some friends, he assumed he already an enemy. The jumpsuit lady.

DeletedUser

Doemenic followed Olaf, who was questioning the guide as to where the bar was. Not that a rookie like her would probably know...taking out his PDA, Doemenic accessed the facilitie's website and tried to pull up schematics of the facility, whilst at the same time searching for 'BAR' in the site's search engine.
It was then that the marine came up to them. "Do you mind if I join you?" He asked. Doemenic shrugged. "Sure, just as soon as we find out where the bar is."

DeletedUser28032

The Guide
Unsure of what to do the young blonde simply watches as woman in the yellow jumpsuit makes a break for it after spitting something into her jailor's eyes only to be caught a few moments later by one of the others volunteers.
Looking up at the Norwegian's approach she smiles cheerily at first only to look slightly perplexed when he asked where the bar was "I...I don't think there is a bar...there’s a canteen down the hall if you'd like a coffee but for anything stronger I am afraid you'll have to wait until we make planet fall" as far as she was aware they were currently sat on a dry ship the only alcohol on board being the ethanol in the medical bay.
Momentarily distracted by the on going scuffle she looks past the large Norwegian for a few moments before once again returning her attention fully to him "I am sorry, is there anything else I can help you with?"
----------------------------------------
Harriet
"No! Let. Me. GO!" she screamed as the man instead of stepping aside had effortlessly picked her up and pinned her to the ground not an overly challenging feat considering her size but not one she appreciated.
Despite his superior weight Harriet still tries her best to escape his grasp; kicking and thrashing beneath him, her teeth snapping shut perilously close to his ear at one point "Yeah and maybe I’ll gouge you're bloody eyes out!" she shouts up at Peadar as the Irishman came to gloat over her failed escape attempt "But that'll be nothing compared to what I will do to you!" she screams up at the man pinning her to the ground; a pair of navy men suddenly rushing over to grab her by both arms and haul her away kicking and screaming all the way.

DeletedUser

Doemenic put away his PDA as the guide informed them that it was a dry ship...pah, still, there might be some in the medical bay... he could always try and...No that stupid, he wasn't that desperate...was he?
Turning he watched as the Canary struggled against her guards, whilst screaming at both the marine and the Irishman.
"I am sorry, is there anything else I can help you with?"
"No. That'll do." Doemenic replied,, before turning and going back to his seat. His thirts for alcohol could wait for another few hours, and he was hardly a fan of coffee.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: There is an added item that I had to hash out with braet, but Seph also has Hallucinogenic Lipstick.)

Seph sat quietly and watched as the world turned about her. Some lady attempted to make a run for it and she failed, she had and open about it if Seph was going to be honest. No, find out what the guard liked, and give it to him, and whilst the guard's lying chained to the bed, walk out laughing. She saw other people obviously trying to make friends but she did not join in. She never had friends, the closest she ever got to friends was temporary allies, as in her line of work you didn't know who you could trust, half the time you couldn't even trust your employer. She bent over and felt her shoe, checking that her compact grapple-hook was still there. It had been a close run in with security, closer than normal, but the guard had been too busy flirting with her to search the shoe to the full necessary extent that would have revealed the device. She was applying to be a PA, as that would get the full access that she needed, and so she decided that now might be a good time to get changed. She had heard the way to the bathrooms earlier and so, she grabbed her bag and headed to the bathroom, it was time to apply some lipstick.

DeletedUser

"No. That'll do." Doemenic replied to the woman before heading back to his seat. Olaf had only been half listening after he had heard there was no alcohol. His mind had instead turned momentarily to the young girl who had tried to escape. He didn't have a taste for conflict but he did feel for the girl. He even considered stepping in at one point. He dismissed it of course. Though he had plenty of experience as a foreman breaking up scraps, this was nothing to do with him.

Instead he sat back down with Domonic. 'I buy you drink later then.'

DeletedUser35174

Ethan listened while the guide explained that there was no bar on ship. This upset the two guys he was hoping to make friends with. After she finished talking one went back to his seat and the other followed him. "Oh what's the point" Ethan thought. No body came here to make friends , It was then that he noticed another passenger head to the toilets. He walked back to his seat which was a bit away from most of the other people. He sat down and replayed all that happened so far in his mind. He made no friends but he made one enemy. "great that's just great" he mumbled under his breath and sighed.

He pulled his bag from underneath him and pulled out the book he had on weapons. He opened the book and the picture which he used as a bookmark fell off. Ethan picked it up and stared long and hard, his unit when he was a marine. He sat there smiling and staring at the picture. At least 50 seconds passed till he put the picture in the front page of the book and then picked up from where he was last.

DeletedUser28032

The Guide
With the young woman having been dragged away by a pair of large security men the group seems to settle itself once again, returning to their small talk and magazines.
After about five minutes or so of this a man in a blue navy uniform strolls up to the guide and speaks quietly with her for several moments before leaving the room, the guide instantly adopting her cheerful look as she once again address' the group "ok I have just been informed that the shuttle is ready so if you would all follow me"

She leads the small group of people through the corridors painted in a uniform battleship grey towards a set of checker plate stairs that lead directly down into the docking area, a small window giving the group an opportunity to see the shuttle they would be boarding and the icy blue planet on which they would be living for the next five years "Well if you would all please step this way and find yourself a seat we will be leaving once everybody is on board" she says pulling a small clicker so as to count on her charges.
The inside of the shuttle was painted in the same battleship grey as the rest of the ship was, two rows of high backed and heavily padded seats lining an interior not much bigger than your average bus with a sealed door at the front separating the crew from its passengers.

It was around two or three minutes after everybody had seated themselves that the two navy men appeared with Harriet hanging between them with a glazed look in her eyes. Placing her in the nearest seat with all the care and attention you would give a sack of potatoes they strap her in before looking over at whoever had been unlucky enough to have had a free seat beside them "She shouldn't give you any trouble but be careful despite what she says she bites" as the first two navy men were leaving a third squeezes past them and whispers something to the groups guide a look of concern momentarily crossing her face before nodding in understanding. Moving to stand in the middle of the aisle she smiles once more and address' the group "It'll only be a few moments longer...just one more to arrive and then we'll be on our way"

Deleted User - 819397

Xenon watched with interest as Harriet tried to make a break for it, noting particularly her savagery when she was stopped. Not incredibly intelligent, trying to run when we're still on a ship...and that rage...not exactly the ideal henchperson...he thought dispassionately. The excitement over, he returned to his previous position, ready to be off this ship and away from the others.

Eventually they were told to move to the shuttle so that they could head to the planet. Xenon picked a seat away from the others, not wanting any part of a conversation. There was no need for him to interact with any of them, and as such he had no desire to do so. Instead he simply waited for the mysterious "last rider", ready to get to the planet and out of these cramped quarters.

DeletedUser

Olaf had no idea why he felt it nessecery, he had told himself it was none of his business over and over again but he did feel sorry for the girl prisoner. 'I be happy to switch,' he said to the person who was already sat next to her and then turning to face the girl directly he added, 'Name is Olaf. I warn, if you do be biting, I taste no good.' He grinned as he spoke.

DeletedUser13682

Peadar shrugged. "I'm sure they'll find me replacement eyes if you do that, Harriet. I could be like Geordi." Peadar laughed again, and sat down as they carried Harriet away. "Good luck, lassie!" he called out before she disappeared down the corridor. The room fell quiet as the pub crawlers got the bad news. Though Peadar didn't know space travel, he knew bars, having lived next to one during his last years in Eire, and he knew there wouldn't be one here. The ship was a transporter, long range one, with some space sleep facilities instead of a space pub.

As Peadar waited for the announcement that the landing craft was ready to take the future workers to their future homes, he took out his printer, pocket computer, and his brass. A few minutes later, Peadar had some freshly printed gears and fasteners. As Peadar was assembling them, the group was told to pack up and load the shuttle. As Peadar got in, he was surprised to find that the empty seat next to him was filled by Harriet, filled with what appeared to be a sizable amount of sedatives. At the guard's warning that she bit, Peadar smiled. "Don't worry lad. If there's no biting, then the night wasn't any fun." Then the Scandanavian offered to switch him seats. "Oh no, you Nord. We have a thing going. Can't let you get between that." He slapped the Scandavian on the back and laughed. "I might join you for a drink. I like absinthe. Spent some time in Switzerland." Despite his best attempts, Peadar was making aquaintances. Oh well. Might as well have a good time while he was on Hoth. The hostess announced that they would have to wait as the last person got on. Looking around, Peadar saw everybody in the conference room. "Hostess," he asked. "We got everybody in the conference room? Who got to sleep in late, and why wasn't I told that was an option?"

DeletedUser

"Oh no, you Nord. We have a thing going. Can't let you get between that." Said the man sat next to the girl and Olaf couldn't help but smile at him. 'If you say. Good luck.'

The man then mentioned a drink and Olaf's smile broadened. 'I be looking forward to it,' he replied before retaking his seat. It was good to know that the girl had at least one friendly face around her.

DeletedUser28032

Harriet
"Oh gods its you...come to gloat some more have we?" Harriet says slurring her words badly as she notices that she'd been seated beside Peadar. Upon hearing the unfamiliar and heavily accented voice to her right she slowly turns in Olaf's direction, frowning as she struggles to focus on his face before giggling drunkenly at his quip over not tasting very good "I...I like him...he's funny" she slurs to Peadar pointing vaguely in the Norwegian's direction as she did so "My...my names is...name is Harriet though you can call me Harry if you like...Dirty Harry Lynch... that’s what they used to call me..." her voice trailing off as she slumps into her seat, the drugs pumped into her system beginning to take hold.
Catching sight of Ethan sat a few seats away Harriet slowly raises two fingers in the shape of a gun like a small child would and makes a firing motion at him before letting the arm drop, giggling at her own little joke before falling to sleep with her head resting on the Irishman's shoulder.
-----------------------------------
The Guide
Upon hearing the question called to her by one of the new workers, she takes a few moments to scan the seated people to find its source before speaking "I apologise for the delay but it would seem we have a last minute arrival that I wasn't informed about, if you would just be patient I am sure he...ah here he is now" ducking to get through the low doorway two things became brutally apparent about the new arrival; one was he was very clearly military, everything about him seeming to scream it and two he was very clearly a G.I.
Standing around 6'4" the Genetic Infantryman was larger than the average human, his huge muscled arms clearly visible beneath the combat fatigues he wore, his pale near white hair had been shorn into a military buzz cut and his skin had a vaguely blue tint to its appearance "Apologies for the inconvenience I was not informed of the transports imminent departure" he spoke to the guide with the barest trace of a German accent before turning to walk down the aisle and taking the only free seat next to Xenon, the G.I making no effort to speak to or even acknowledge the other man's presence as he did so.
With the last passenger now in place the airlock doors were sealed and the engines started up as a crewman walked down the line of seats to make sure that everybody was strapped in correctly before returning to the front of the ship.
A loud clunking sound to the left of them announces to those inside that the shuttle had disengaged from the docking station before beginning it long descent towards the planets surface.
The trip took the best part of an hour giving the guide plenty of time to give them a brief overview of the planets history and how it had been discovered by an Icelandic research team before moving on to the more important information "...Now Niflhiem is officially classified as an Ice world capable of having surface temperatures way below anything experienced on Earth and as such although it does have a breathable atmosphere breathing apparatus is required for any long term exposure to prevent the moisture in your; nose, mouth and lungs from freezing solid, now the facility itself, the majority of which is underground comprises of three locations..." the guide pauses long enough for an aerial view of the planet to appear with three red spots arranged in a loose triangular shape and a fourth smaller blue dot far to the north "...The main base or El Dorado as it has become to be known houses all of the facilities habitation, administration and base services and is where you will be living, the other two locations Alpha and Bravo are mining bases with enough minimal facilities to allow the operation of the required equipment, now do we have any questions?"

DeletedUser35174

Ethan closed his book and put it into his bag as the guide announced they would be heading towards the shuttle. He walked with the guide towards the shuttle, once in it he sat 2 seats across from the front in which the Irishman was sitting in. Just as he was about to lie back Harriet strides through the door and sits in the front seat. "poor irish" he thought. The big Norweigan offered to swap seats but the Irishman was enjoying himself too much. A smile appeared in his face when Harriet pointed a finger at him and pretended to shoot. The smile faded away as the late arrival strode to the door. Ethan knew him but couldn't remember where he knew him from. He dug his memories but still couldn't remember but he had no doubt in his mind that he knew him. He watched him walk all the way to his seat. He shrugged it off and turned back to face forward and started swallowing, force of habit.

DeletedUser13682

Peadar frowned at Harriet's belief that he was gloating over her failed escape. "I would never do such a thing." In her slurred speech, Harriet announced to Peadar that she liked the Nord, on account of his humour. Announcing herself as Dirty Harry Lynch, she then takes aim at the United States Marine with her finger, then, as the tranquilizers took their effect, she fell asleep on Peadar's shoulders. Looking at the Marine, Peadar shrugged with his free shoulder. "Guess she fired six shots."

A few moments later, the last passenger arrived. Peadar inwardly moaned at the sight of the most stereotypical soldier he had ever seen. Why this guy had decided to wear his field dress eluded Peadar's mind. There wasn't going to be a fight here. From his uniform, physical appearance, and accent, Peadar guessed he one of those genetic infantrymen and was probably from Germany's GSG 9. Luckily, the only seat left was far away from Peadar.

The trip down was a long and boring affair. Peadar thought it would take them no more than a few minutes, and that it would be similar to the amphibious operations practices he took part in. But it had been over an hour, filled with nothing but the stewardess's annoying voice and a tingly arm. Finally, the stewardess stopped talking and allowed questions. Peadar had one. "Where's the tauntaun pen?" Of course, Peadar knew that tauntauns didn't exist, but this place was so similar to Hoth that he couldn't help but ask.

DeletedUser

"Where's the tauntaun pen?" Was the first thing Olaf heard after they had left. He remembered the soldier arriving and the journey beginning but after that he must have drifted off. He had a habit of doing that on long journeys, probably just an inate mechanism for combating the boredom.
'What is Tonton?' He asked as he checked to see if anyone else was as confused as he was.

He was uncomfortably aware of how many people had military bearings. It was never a good thing to be around so many combat focused individuals.

DeletedUser

Doemenic followed the others into the shuttle, where he took a seat next to Olaf. He watched as Olaf talked to the Irishman. The Canary began acting sluggishly due to the sedatives in her system, making a finger gun at the marine, before falling asleep.
It was then that the G.I moved into the craft, taking a seat next to the man with glasses. What would a G.I be doing here? Were Blackwater hiring G.I's for security now? If so, then that meant they had some pretty big problems. Interesting.
Afterwards as the craft launched the guide began into a long, rambling and basic description of Niflheim, Doemenic already knew the details of course. What kind of idiot wouldn't check all the details over the Cortex before signing up?
"Now do we have any questions?"
"Where's the tauntaun pen?" Answered the Irishman.
Doemenic smiled. Great, they had a comedian on board.
"What is Tonton?" Asked Olaf, evidently confused.
Doemenic pulled out his PDA, switching it on he logged onto the Cortex. His fingers rapidly tapped on the touchscreen keyboard. Bringing up the Wookiepedia entry on Tauntaun's, he presented it to Olaf, smirking.

DeletedUser31931

Seph took her seat on board with her lipstick applied and her optical camera in place, the optical camera took the form of a contact lens, it was incredibly useful, with a couple of modifications (which she hadn't been able to sneak on board, they were too clunky, so she was going to try and remake at El Dorado) it could serve as a thermal visor, sonar etc. however, right now it was very basic and just took pictures and recorded. It was controlled telepathically, so she just had to think about it recording or taking pictures and wherever she looked, it recorded. This was then uploaded to her compact computer (which took the shape of a watch, she would take the watch off and then activate the computer) she'd assembled her gadgets, and now it was time to go to war. Of course, war mainly consisted of sweet talking guards in her case, but it was still war.

Status
Not open for further replies.