Beaver trap and Beaver skin.

DeletedUser

I need Beaver trap and Beaver skin for quest but "beaver hunt" option has been removed from the map for some time and is nowhere to be seen. The "Demolishing Dam" offers only Beaver skin. Where to find Beaver trap?

Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser

You can only find traps by doing the Beaver Hunt job. The job has not been removed, it is just that the difficulty level to work it has increased. Put a good number of skill points in Setting Traps/Hiding, it will eventually reappear for you.

DeletedUser

You might've ben wearing an item of clothing that gave you a skill bonus and you took it off/sold it so you can no longer do the job because you don't have the right skills.

DeletedUser

i dont think jobs "appear" and "disapper" bcuz of labor points. im pretty sure its because of level.

DeletedUser

It's based on labor points. I don't know the exact number, but I've noticed that the jobs tend to show up when I'm about -35 thru -50 labor points away.

DeletedUser2708

I "think" -- the jury's still out on that one, lol -- that the labor points factor that makes jobs appear and disappear is whether or not you are at a level where, theoretically, it is possible for you to have enough skill and attribute points to do the job, IF you had them placed correctly, whether you actually do or not.

Okay, so maybe somebody smarter than me can rephrase that in a more understandable fashion. ;)

DeletedUser

I believe it is labor points. There are people in my town that are doing jobs I can't see, but yet are still at a lower level than me. That leads me that it is based on labor points not levels.

DeletedUser

I know its labor points but im not sure how close you have to be for them to show up. its a certain percentage.

DeletedUser

Used skill points Difficulty Labor points
img.php
2x
img.php
3x IS 122
img.php
img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I need Beaver trap and Beaver skin for quest but "beaver hunt" option has been removed from the map for some time and is nowhere to be seen. The "Demolishing Dam" offers only Beaver skin. Where to find Beaver trap?

Thanks in advance.

yeah i need to do this one too bud! was suprised that the beaver job had gone :(
oh well will find it one day! haha! need to advance a little more too :D

DeletedUser

Actually, I believe the amount of Labor Points where jobs appear is around -80, at least for the more advanced jobs. For example, before the 1.14 update, I was able to do several jobs that now I can't do. One being Repairing Wagons. It jumped up to damn near -77 or so. I'm slowly inching closer by pumping a lot of points into Repairing. But I think I'm now convinced that the best way to increase your skills is thru better clothing.

DeletedUser

Actually, I believe the amount of Labor Points where jobs appear is around -80, at least for the more advanced jobs. For example, before the 1.14 update, I was able to do several jobs that now I can't do. One being Repairing Wagons. It jumped up to damn near -77 or so. I'm slowly inching closer by pumping a lot of points into Repairing. But I think I'm now convinced that the best way to increase your skills is thru better clothing.

No doubt about it. The skill assignment way just takes too damn long. I have having to work back up to the repairing wagons too.

DeletedUser

its something like 66 skill points away or something. whenever i notice a new job, im 66 skill points away.

DeletedUser

i dont think jobs "appear" and "disapper" bcuz of labor points. im pretty sure its because of level.

first of all you just contradicted black jack. you should get jailed for that.

second that would be impossible. basically you're telling us that before he could see the job but as his level grew the job disappeared.

DeletedUser

So what is the difficulty of Beaver hunt now? I am in W5, weststats says 119. I'm 13 points away, I know the Gray Work shoes will definitely put me over the top...
But I can't find any locations.
Not listed as a job with my mini map, and I can't see them yet?

DeletedUser

i looked at weststats and it show that beaver hunt uses three times the setting traps skill has that changed cause my character is a pure traper and can't see the job yet