Resolved Beating Death

DeletedUser

Is there a trick to beating death?

I did it in one world, no problems. I just attacked and won. However I can't even touch him in this world. Is there a trick?

DeletedUser

Yes. Change your clothes improving dueling skills, change the way you dodge and aim according to the report and try again. Also you might want to have some toughness on and a better weapon than him.

DeletedUser

How to win ANY NPC duel in the game

- Go to your town and bank your money if possible
- Put on dodging clothes, and if possible, appearance
- Leave your town (this is essential to win the duel; you won't be put to sleep in a hotel, and you'll always have 1HP - you can't win a duel with 0HP)
- Challenge the NPC, and dodge where he hits you, and adjust aim where you miss
- Keep challenging the NPC until you win: even if you have to click 500 times, eventually you will win the duel.

________

It's also useful to check the Duel settings that I posted in the FAQ thread at the top of the Quest Discussion forum. ;)

DeletedUser

i dueled that way 1200 times and still nothing.....then i rest...and i hit...and won!

DeletedUser

It must have been a glitch in the game. I tried it again just now and beat him no problem.

FYI it wasn't that I wasn't strong enough to kill him, NOTHING was happening. I dueled him 10 times, and neither one of us hit each other once. I changed clothing, I changed weapons, I changed my shooting and dodging patterns, NOTHING. But he wasn't hitting me either. Even when I set all my dodging to nothing.

Anyway, He's dead now, so it doesn't matter

DeletedUser22493

It must have been a glitch in the game. I tried it again just now and beat him no problem.

FYI it wasn't that I wasn't strong enough to kill him, NOTHING was happening. I dueled him 10 times, and neither one of us hit each other once. I changed clothing, I changed weapons, I changed my shooting and dodging patterns, NOTHING. But he wasn't hitting me either. Even when I set all my dodging to nothing.

Anyway, He's dead now, so it doesn't matter

Death is dead.. Pheew, good to hear..

DeletedUser19772

Yes. Change your clothes improving dueling skills, change the way you dodge and aim according to the report and try again. Also you might want to have some toughness on and a better weapon than him.

I tried changing clothes, aiming and dodging. And I keep failing. Lately he has hit me 8 times and I missed him.

Why did he have to be so hard??? :(

DeletedUser

From what I heard death is similar to evil twin, they has the same stat with your character. My pure builder was having a very hard time beating him since I spent around 20 SP to tactic.
Then I go to the shaman, remove all my tactic SP, and just wear a high appearance gear and voila, death is dead in 1 try.
So long story short, for melee dueler : improve your appearance, lower your tactic.
For range dueler, you can also try to improve your shooting and toughness while lowering your reflex and vigor.

DeletedUser

Just keep trying to beat Death, and it should happen eventually. If you look in this thread, there's 3-4 dueling setups that have been successful against Death.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Given the new changes in dueling the best bet you have to win NPC duels is to duck all rounds and aim for the hands. That way you somewhat increase your chances of not getting shoot in the head or shoulders and also you increase your odds to land hits on your opponent. If you don't win the first time just change where you shoot left/right depending on the case. Buff are also a great aid for people who do not have dueling builds.

DeletedUser

In world 4, I decided to see how hard it was to beat NPC's. I had 0 dueling skills other than vigor and toughness from pure HP.

I stood up all rounds and aimed for head. I also had just gotten up from a fort battle which I had been KO'd in. So I had about 16 HP. I had no gear on. After getting KO'd about 15 times, I managed to beat him. I don't know how. It just happened.

SonOfLee

I tried a dozen or so tactics configurations, then went pray, and beat him with the same exact equipment. After praying, he hit me zero times.