Beat Scoundrel

DeletedUser6359

Anyone else doing this quest and having problems? I beat the first scoundrel OK but the second (the one with the necklace) totally PWNED me. Anyone figured out a good method for knocking him off?

Red Falcon

Try and modify your 'dueling strategy'. Review your previous duel report against him and see where you hit him in which round. Then change your attacks, so they all hit in that same 'weak spot'.

DeletedUser

lol my best kill on a npc so far with 300 hp (NPC's health) is 3 hits.

DeletedUser6359

Red Falcon, thanks for the advice though it should be easy to assume that if I'm at high enough level to complete this quest that I'd have pieced together that basic strategy for fighting. The biggest problem with the scoundrel's is that they deal out enough damage that changing strategy requires a lot of time because you can't afford to fight them twice in a row without resting and regaining your strength in between. This isn't like fighting nforgive...Scoundrel's are dealing out 200-400 points of damage and if they knock you out you get sent home and have a nice 12 hour walk back just to face him again.

DeletedUser

I'm right there with ya Wix.

Obviously we're well informed enough to change our strategy each time, but I've gone 3 rounds with him and still haven't gotten him. All close fights.

Problem with him (in my opinion) is that he has a high aim coefficient because I'm ducking, and he's getting headshots on me.

I may try just standing tall for aim once I regen some health, and see if that does it.

DeletedUser6359

I actually got by him and the last scoundrel, but HOLY CRAP Jacob is HARD to beat. I hit him like 6 times and never did over 10 points in damage while he pounded me for nearly 450. Tough stuff...

Red Falcon

Wix, you're welcome. And to add to what I said earlier, try to switch over your dodging moves the same way that you alter your attacking moves. Look at your report and see when he did not hit you. And then look at how you were dodging. Then, change that up, so that's the way you dodge and attack all rounds and you should eventually beat him. Good luck!

DeletedUser

Wix, you're welcome. And to add to what I said earlier, try to switch over your dodging moves the same way that you alter your attacking moves. Look at your report and see when he did not hit you. And then look at how you were dodging. Then, change that up, so that's the way you dodge and attack all rounds and you should eventually beat him. Good luck!

i believe he was joking

DeletedUser

Yes but at least Red attempted to offer advice, instead of just saying how awesome he was at NPC dueling ;)

I ended up staying ducked and just alternating shoulder hits when I finally got him. Now back to jacob :(

DeletedUser

lol

So far it looks like the best stance against old jacob is to lean to the right, although he gets in a lot of headshots. Got close to getting him once, but after 4 tries I'm down for the count ><

Figure continuing tips on this thread for the duel portion of the chain is as good as any.