BBQ Sauce

• Thread starter DeletedUser36931
  • Start date

DeletedUser36931

Too late now I guess, I kept hoping I would drop this from one job or another but no luck. I am puzzled by the mention of "one specific job". But I am even more puzzled by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a single thread on the forum about it - a search for BBQ turns up zero hits. Am I doing it wrong?

Ripwise

Reading a quest text would tell you which job to do but since its over im gonna tell you which job it was.

Spiler alert: [spoil]The job was catching horses.[/spoil]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Afaik if you're doing it for first time, the job is burglary and award was BBQ Apron.

If you've done the quest last year and are repeating it, the job is Catching horses and reward was 1 skill point.

DeletedUser36931

Well the point was that reading the quest text didn't tell me which job to do - it just made some obscure reference to doing "a specific job". As I had not done this before, it looks as though I needed to do Burglary. I don't see how that could be deduced from the quest description I read.

DeletedUser

The job that dropped the Sauce - even if it's your first time - all depended on your level, so saying, "It was Catching Horses" or "It was Burglary" is all depending on the level of the reader. I got it from Hunting Grizzly Bears - and yes, it was my first time doing it. My friend - also HIS first time doing it - got it from Catching Horses because he is of a different LEVEL to me.
If you go to TW-DB and look up the quest, you will see what jobs supply the Sauce. Now a quick point, as the level-requirements were CHANGED (confirmed by both Inno's staff and TW-DB's staff), don't go off the levels listed ON TW-DB to find out what jobs to do as - according to the site - I needed completely different ingredients and a different job to get the Sauce. (Bit annoying as I had stockpiled different ingredients to the ones I ACTUALLY needed.)
Going off the ingredients that I needed, I did the job associated WITH those ingredients (Hunting Grizzly Bears) and got the Sauce after just 1 x 15s job.

Yes you will have to wait a full YEAR now, but FOR next year, check out the site and the ingredients/job-needed and you can't go wrong.

It is a bit silly not giving even a HINT of what job to do in the quest-text though. I mean without looking at TW-DB, you would have to do every single job it is POSSIBLE for you to do, in the HOPE of getting the Sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36931

Aha! Until now I had never heard of TW-DB - I assumed that these forums would be the best place to find out information about the game, especially quests. That was why I was so surprised that a search for BBQ Sauce had no hits. Now, having googled TW-DB and gone to have a look, I see that I was looking in the wrong place. Sad, because like you I think I just needed to do the Grizzly hunt (based on the other ingredients I was told to collect.
However, I have now discovered the place to go for information on all those obscure quests (You must approach Waupee wearing a yellow slouch hat between 10:00 and 13:00 on a Sunday while standing on one leg and whistling Dixie). So actually what I have discovered is much more useful than the answer to one quest - thanks very much.

DeletedUser

He he he. :D I think you'll find TW_DB will QUICKLY become INVALUABLE to you.
Once you've registered your account and you import all your details regularly, it will help you in SO many ways. You can check your Quest-list to see which ones you have missed - and where the secrets are, you can check your inventory to see what you are missing for the collections and even where to FIND them. (If you buy from shops, it will show you which ones SELL what you are looking for.)
Can't express enough how happy I was when I found that site.
Oh, one last thing. The Calculator. For Jobs, it USED to be invaluable, now it's kind of moot, but for DUELLING and FORT battles, it is STILL invaluable.
It showed me the best duelling-gear to wear and I kicked the backsides of everyone who has been hounding me. Nice. :)

It's 2017.
Is there an update to this "BBQ Sauce" quest?
I have tried the above jobs and haven't got the BBQ Sauce.
The quest is really quite vague and needs more of a better hint.
Anyone have the answer to this quest?

DeletedUser38558

If you check the tw site, look at the list of products u need and compare to the opions. there are 4 different sets. of products.

No results.
The quest is still active in my que.
I have put more than 8 hours into "Branding cattle" with nothing to show for it.