Battle Initiating Reports to whole Alliance (Minor Idea)

gunner86

Idea title: Battle Initiating Reports to Whole Alliance.

Details of idea: At the moment whenever a fort battle is initiated, only members of digging town get the report. Idea is to include members of alliance of digging town as recipient of battle initiating reports.

Visual Aid: I dont think this will involve any change in visuals.

Reasons for submitting: Fort fighting numbers are going down everyday in worlds like 1, 11, 12 and briscoe and attacks see very low numbers. Idea is if all alliance members will get battle initiating report will help to get more players. I understand it might not get many numbers but any change which can help getting more players to battles will help these old worlds a lot and keep fort fighting alive.

DeletedUser26810

Couldn't hurt and I don't see it being a difficult thing to I do, however, I am writing this on a Coleco Adam so I may not be the dude to speculate on tech issues

DeletedUser30224

Wasn't this implemented before? I remember we used to get reports when either an alliance member dug the hatchet or the opposition attacked an alliance fort.

This idea will be submitted without a voting process.

DeletedUser35120

Wasn't this implemented before? I remember we used to get reports when either an alliance member dug the hatchet or the opposition attacked an alliance fort.

Nah zd, at present it only works when your town dug up the fort, not the alliance. And yep, I'm in favour of getting this implemented too - should bring 10-15 guns more per battle at least, I believe.

DeletedUser

Another play on this idea could be displaying the fort battle timer for the whole world when the battle is dug.

This would be a far more prominent notice that covers the complete player base.

DeletedUser

I was waiting for someone to point out the hypocrisy in my post but patience is not my best virtue.

If I remember correctly, the feature I suggested was already implemented when the fort timer was first introduced, but was removed because it became a nuisance for players who are not interested in fort battles and complainers outnumbered the appreciators.

Same goes for the reports, though on a smaller scale. Logic would dictate the towns with highest participation get the spots in a fort and thus when a battle is dug, most would get a report with notice. For the rest, there is the tele usually sent out which announces the battle and the alliance topic. Since the reports and teles are both accessed with the same button, theres nothing which can be achieved with an additional report which couldn't be achieved with the alliance tele announcing the fort battle.

Though the intent of the idea is good, I doubt it would interest the players in fort battles who very conveniently ignore the alliance telegrams. Only purpose it might serve is save alliance leaders from getting blocked by some players.

DeletedUser22685

Same goes for the reports, though on a smaller scale. Logic would dictate the towns with highest participation get the spots in a fort and thus when a battle is dug, most would get a report with notice. For the rest, there is the tele usually sent out which announces the battle and the alliance topic. Since the reports and teles are both accessed with the same button, theres nothing which can be achieved with an additional report which couldn't be achieved with the alliance tele announcing the fort battle.

That's a very good point. I think the best solution for increasing battle participation is along the lines of what's being discussed in that other fort activity thread. Worthwhile rewards and some new features in the gameplay.

Snr Sarg

If I remember correctly, the feature I suggested was already implemented when the fort timer was first introduced, but was removed because it became a nuisance for players who are not interested in fort battles and complainers outnumbered the appreciators.

Unless somebody made a script to make it disappear, it'd be the final nail in this game's coffin from my perspective