Basset and Perry's horses and saddles need a buff

WhyN0t

I discover on beta servers these 2 new horses and saddles and they are underwhelming. They will probably cost 1200 nuggets (each) at the next sale which will be very soon. Being already implemented in beta, I doubt you intend to change their bonus, but I tell you that they are useless and no one will buy them. Perry's has too little appearance and has no tactics, it doesn't work neither on attack nor defense. Aiming and dodging are under behan's, so it doesn't work for an aiming/dodging set either. Vigor is decent, but it's under cowgirl's (which is also easy upgradable and doesn't cost nuggets), so from this point of view it's also useless. Add more appearance (at least 1x lvl), make it relevant. It's a new item after all, appeared in 2022 and costs nuggets. Why is it so weak?
It's hard for me to say anything good about Basset's, it's really useless, it's not good at anything, it's weaker than 4-year-old horse+saddle. Add some resistance and more hp, make it a middleground between spirits and cortina's.
Tolbert's horse+ saddle are ok. This is the only horse+saddle that worth the nuggets.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I largely agree.

1) I think Bassets should be stripped of HP, given more resistance and converted into something Worker Tanks would prefer over cortina or spirit, AND given enough LD/Aim/Attack that it would be a preferred damager defense set over L3 murrietta (foregoing the sector damage which is mostly obsolete)

2) I think in addition to more appearance, Owens should have +4 ATT / +4 DEF so that it is an upgrade for adventures relative to Lucille horses.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I largely agree.

1) I think Bassets should be stripped of HP, given more resistance and converted into something Worker Tanks would prefer over cortina or spirit, AND given enough LD/Aim/Attack that it would be a preferred damager defense set over L3 murrietta (foregoing the sector damage which is mostly obsolete)

2) I think in addition to more appearance, Owens should have +4 ATT / +4 DEF so that it is an upgrade for adventures relative to Lucille horses.
both are really missed opportunities, and pointless if released as is.

WhyN0t

I largely agree.

These are good changes. Owens is too weak in order to be used in adventures, lucille is few years old and much better, but you can also use cortina's horse+saddle for 14.5 defense (with 1 upgrade) or siringo's horse+saddle for 12.5 attack. I would have liked to suggest that perry's also receive some attack/defense, but I didn't want to be too much. There are alternatives for adventures, I don't know if a lucille 2.0 makes sense if it's not considerably better, but the duel needs a horse+saddle with appearance. Soldiers tactic bonus is absurd.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
I think these horse sets are made for collectors only and therefore their values arent important.

Alduin

I think these horse sets are made for collectors only and therefore their values arent important.

But what if i want to collect those but i cant afford nuggets or just dont willing pay and feed this greedy act ? Commenting and complaining aside i really do collect animals and this is second time they are behind disgusting and greedy paywall.

WhyN0t

Collectors represent an extremely low percentage of players. It seems absurd to me to make so many sets for them. They could at least make them viable, not necessarily very good. Adding some appearance to Perry's wouldn't hurt anyone.

WhyN0t

I agree with you, wright set is almost useless with perry's. The hat and the necklace bonus should be reversed.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
Collectors represent an extremely low percentage of players. It seems absurd to me to make so many sets for them. They could at least make them viable, not necessarily very good. Adding some appearance to Perry's wouldn't hurt anyone.
sure not many collectors, but same case as for behan and the rest of the horse set that were released last year. they were all pretty bad too.

WhyN0t

Yeah, but Behan's was the exception. It's actually a great horse+saddle. It gives more aiming+dodging (without upgrade) than all others horses+saddles upgraded to level 5!
The other 2 were useless and i don't know anyone from my main server who bought them. So....0 profit made by Inno.