Votes: 81 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 64 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I know its different. I'm just demonstrating why I believe this idea would fail at dev review stage even if we all voted for it, and an alternative approach that I think *might* pass. I like your underlying concept a lot.

DeletedUser

And as to Luap Nor, does Grumbold have a winning argument? I get what he's saying, but that doesn't stop the idea altogether. Heck, it is better the original way of once every 24 hours.

I'm sorry, what "winning argument" do you mean? The text you quoted, about the different modes of working a job? Are you asking if something he said is responsive to something I said? I'm just not following what you're asking about here.

I just had a tooth pulled, so pardon me if it's obvious and I'm just having a dumb day. :p

DeletedUser

As in does it suck that bad the dev's won't want it absolutely?

:huh: I don't know; I'm just guessing like everyone else here (maybe excluding Gem). It just seems rather complex, to me. There are enough aspects to it that I would guess it easily could bog down in development due to an unexpected snag.

Compare it to, for example, the idea of adding a "walk to job site" signpost to every job. I don't see how that could possibly be difficult to do, given that the signpost system already exists for many locations. It's just a matter of sticking it into the rest of the locations in the game. Done! Nothing (programming-wise) to add, nothing to change, nothing to develop.

Somewhere between that and this lies my schedulable bank deposits idea; somewhat more to do than the signposts, but not as complex as adding a new dueling system and new locations into the map.

This idea might not be as tough as I anticipate, but having done some programming over the years, this is just the sort of brainstorm idea that sounds fun at first and then often turns into a headache when you get to the nitty gritty code details. JMO though.

Diggo11

As in does it suck that bad the dev's won't want it absolutely?
Yeah and thats why Gem moved it here :bandit:

I think you need to go back and think and create another revised version between the current plan and simple one.

May I suggest a higher chance of finding (like 25% for the lowest level) with the whole "king of the hill" thing, but it isn't saved into the memory being a once of thing. I think that might work better.

DeletedUser

Okay, let me change the numbers. 25% to find lowest level (shed), 12.5% to find the 2nd type (Dug-out), and 5% to find the log cabin. There is only 1 hideout for each job.

Simpler?

Diggo11

Ok so to write a refined summary:

The proposal:
A network of hidden areas to be discovered by multiple players as oases used throughout the game as a haven/protection system.

The Details:

There are three types of hideouts: Burrows, Sheds and Log Cabin. At a job with 0-100 difficulty there is a Burrow, 101-250 has a Shed and 251+ has a Log Cabin. They provide the following bonuses:

Dugout: 50% energy required for job and the motivation only decreases by 50% of the regular amount.
Shed: 0% energy required for job and the motivation doesn't decrease.
Log Cabin: -50% energy required for job and the motivation increases by 50% of normal rate.

If you want to enhance this idea further you could ADD (not OR):

Dug-out: Gives duel protection for first 1/2 hour
Shed: Gives duel protection for first hour
Log Cabin: Gives duel protection for all 2 hours

Hideouts are randomly discovered during one job and are not saved to memory. The default chance of discovering a hideout is 10%.

Addition
As an addition you may want to add a "King of the Hill" aspect to this. So to create this the "One Player Limit" could be introduced.

If two players happen to discover a hideout at overlapping time periods an "effectless" duel is instigated. This would be like duelling a NPC and would require no energy, would not decrease duelling motivation and no money would be taken by the winning player, although health would still be lost. The winner of the duel would receive the bonus of the hideout and the loser would not.

Once the duel ends the remainder of the job continues as normal, and you immediately receive a report showing the duel. If you are KOed during the duel the standard procedure occurs and you automatically lose the duel. For example: "Diggo11 wins the duel and gains X experience. He keep the temporary rights to the hideout." If a KO occurs: "Gem was knocked out, losing the duel. Diggo11 gains X experience and keeps the temporary rights to the hideout."

If one players duelling level is to high for the other the weaker player automatically loses the duel. If it happens to be a townless player they automatically lose too, but none of the changes mentioned below are enforced.

What could be saved into players memory could be a variable rate of finding a hideout. If you win a duel for a hideout the chance of discovering another is increased by 1%, losing would decrease the chance by 1%. Rates could only fluctuate between 5%-15%.

Good?

Last edited:

DeletedUser5046

non-town members are automatically lost if they challenge te 'temporary owner' of te hideouts...

so they have to force themselves to be on a town or make their own town before challenging te TO again..

ADD: i think its better tat if a person find te hide out first..there will be an automatic time when another player can see it...like after 3 hours before it was discovered by anotehr player...also is tat there will be three of em per square...one for every types of hide out

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

non-town members are automatically lost if they challenge te 'temporary owner' of te hideouts...

so they have to force themselves to be on a town or make their own town before challenging te TO again..

ADD: i think its better tat if a person find te hide out first..there will be an automatic time when another player can see it...like after 3 hours before it was discovered by another player...also is tat there will be three of em per square...one for every types of hide out
Lets do the maths.

If there are 5 people at a job then there is a 50% chance of at least one player finding a Hideout, and only 25% of two players finding it simultaneously.

If there are 3 people at a job then there is a 30% chance of at least one player finding a Hideout, and only 15% of two players finding it simultaneously.

If you are the only person at a job there is no risk :)

I think that is fair enough odds for townless players.

And your second point I have included an extra bit into the "Addition" explaining it :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5046

good..but te hideout challenge will take effect as a normal duel...so if you got KOed..it will be done as normal...

and i guess for non-town members it will be better if they cant just do tat hide out thing like te 'note quest' which have an additional consequence before done.

Diggo11

I think they should be able to, the disadvantage of losing every duel is enough of a consequence. And I'll include the KO note.

Anyway peoples do you like the new summary?

Last edited:

DeletedUser5046

I think they should be able to, the disadvantage of losing every duel is enough of a consequence. And I'll include the KO note.

Anyway peoples do you like the new summary?

hehe yeah like it (you sould update it tho..)

anyway do you have a mock up of it..i haev something in mah mind..but cant put it in...its only playing inside mah mind :D

DeletedUser

Dug-out: Gives duel protection for first 1/2 hour
Shed: Gives duel protection for first hour
Log Cabin: Gives duel protection for all 2 hours

Good?

Good?? Heck, that's great! All I have to do is schedule 30 minute shifts and even a lowly dugout will protect me for all of my job, any time I find one! :cool:

DeletedUser

Is it that complicated??? I mean even if the idea is great, if it poses too much of a challenge to Innogames-- that would suck.

DeletedUser

One problem I have with it that I don't remember being discussed and I don't see it in the quoted first post from the original thread: is finding a hideout part of the regular luck roll or completely separate? I would be extremely annoyed if I was going a high luck job and hideouts kept coming up instead of items.

DeletedUser

One problem I have with it that I don't remember being discussed and I don't see it in the quoted first post from the original thread: is finding a hideout part of the regular luck roll or completely separate? I would be extremely annoyed if I was going a high luck job and hideouts kept coming up instead of items.

Completely separate.
FTR, I suggested that it be part of the luck "phase" of the job, however, not to replace (even occasionally) the existing components of that phase but just because it has to do with luck. I'd always assumed it would be in addition to the existing luck components. If my guy can find a steak (product) and a cap (item) on one job then why not a hideout too?

Status
Not open for further replies.