Bank Interest

DeletedUser

From a newbie to the game, so if I missed something in my comment please feel free to correct or flame at will ...

Banks are a form of protecting ones money. Now as I understand it, putting money in the bank protects your money while you're out dueling just in case you bite the bullet, kick the bucket and decide to push up a few daisies. A bank should be able to generate interest on that money for something that would better the town, such as a better guard service for the local bank (more money requires better bank security ... that can come into play if bank robbery is an added feature to the game at some point) but the player should not benefit from that interest that the bank can generate because the bank is guaranteeing that the players money is safe.

Second, why is money automatically deducted from the players bank when the player makes a purchase? Shouldn't this only happen if the player has money in the bank in which he is making the purchase? Did you every hear what tended to happen to money transfers in the old west? (think stagecoach and robbery) As I also understand it, you can only deposit money in the bank in your town. Why? Couldn't you pay a fee, fixed percentage at the time of deposit, to bank in other towns and just have that fee waived if you're a citizen/member of the town? This way, if you want to haul your money back to your town in order to deposit it, then knock yourself out. But if you want the convenience to deposit it safely and keep on paying then it will cost you a small fee (1%, 5%, variable based on the town or size of the bank?)

Taxes are a good idea for the individual towns, but I don't think most people would implement a town tax because they are already paying to boost up their own towns anyway. If the tax rates were set by the town leaders then most would probably set them at zero so as not to scare away new members, after all, have you seen how many towns are in each world ... and they're all competing for members from the same pool of players.

DeletedUser

Second, why is money automatically deducted from the players bank when the player makes a purchase? Shouldn't this only happen if the player has money in the bank in which he is making the purchase? Did you every hear what tended to happen to money transfers in the old west? (think stagecoach and robbery) As I also understand it, you can only deposit money in the bank in your town. Why? Couldn't you pay a fee, fixed percentage at the time of deposit, to bank in other towns and just have that fee waived if you're a citizen/member of the town? This way, if you want to haul your money back to your town in order to deposit it, then knock yourself out. But if you want the convenience to deposit it safely and keep on paying then it will cost you a small fee (1%, 5%, variable based on the town or size of the bank?)

I think your trying to make this too realistic. In some areas that can be good, but in things like backpack limits and this, it is not. This is, after all, a game, and we don't want things too complicated. Another example is shops - how on earth is a shopkeeper suppose to tell whether someone lives in his town and not? Charging more just because someone lives outta town would never be allow to happen.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of giving town ability to tax the members to a certain percentage of their savings. Because there are a lot of people who just sits around in town, and you know they got money but just don't donate it to town at all

DeletedUser

I think that 3.4% interest every week or every two weeks would be great.

edit: And maybe a system of taxes, too. For realism and to help the town treasury.

DeletedUser

Since half the things on the Roadmap talk about taking money out of the game, somehow I don't think bank interest is going to happen.

DeletedUser

I think tax transfered to town treasury would help developers to take money out of the game plus it would increase town development and fort battle activity.

DeletedUser

I would like tax set by mayor/town council, but also able to be set differently by character class, or even by individual resident.

Folks who regularly donate to the treasury can be exempt, while "freeloaders" have some of their money taken by the town government. I'd set it so Greenhorns would have little to no tax, workers and soldiers who invest time and health in town so will have less tax than high profiteering jobs like adventurer and dueler.

I also like banks generating interest for the town based on how much money is held in the bank.
I also wouldn't mind a 3.5% or whatever weekly or bi-weekly return on my banked monies. Even if just to donate it back into town anyway, I don't mind things that make it a lil bit faster to build the town up.

Deleted User - 1278415

Developers like wild run cities... to see if a founder can have control of his city without imposed game rules.... and this idea had some bad feedback... not much support for it.