Bank Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8054

The banks in towns should pay interest on the money you hold in them, the higher level the bank the more interest it pays. To make it reasonable maybe put it to about 1% per day on the minimum amount of money that has been in the bank that day.

For example:

A player starts the day with $400 in his bank.
He buys an item costing $100, leaving his bank with $300.
Later that day he puts in $70 from work done.

This would give the player $3 interest.

Higher sums of money would be profitable with this.

DeletedUser3741

I suggest the opposite

A player puts 10,000 in his bank

when he wakes up he loses 5% and wakes up with 9500

Take it a step further
if hes out of town he loses 10% of how much hes holding

only way he wont 'taxed' on his money is by being in town and holding it on hand

DeletedUser

I suggest a compromise: The rate should be 0%. This will be very easy for the devs to implement, and as a compromise I would hope we could all agree to it, at least grudgingly.

Shall we vote?

DeletedUser

I suggest a compromise: The rate should be 0%. This will be very easy for the devs to implement, and as a compromise I would hope we could all agree to it, at least grudgingly.

Shall we vote?

Always the voice of reason. You are the next Henry Kissinger, bridging the gap to bring peace.

DeletedUser

Holy GOD, no. Kissinger?? Are you mad??? That creature can't even set foot in some countries as he'll be immediately arrested for war crimes.

Nonetheless, I'll try to console myself in the form of your comment, despite the details within it. :p

DeletedUser

Holy GOD, no. Kissinger?? Are you mad??? That creature can't even set foot in some countries as he'll be immediately arrested for war crimes.

Nonetheless, I'll try to console myself in the form of your comment, despite the details within it. :p

I stand by my comment. :p

Red Falcon

Cheers to the player getting extra money with each purchase! Jeers to the player losing money with each deposit or over a set amount of time. I play several MySpace Apps where they take out 10% of your money with each deposit you make. It's not that big of a deal on MySpace Apps, because jobs on there offer more money and experiece than those on The West. Furthermore, you can complete those jobs by simply clicking on the 'Do Job' button next to the job name.

DeletedUser

well how about those not in town? if interest is paid to you, how about homeless get less of a markup in shops, and get 3 times the pay for a givin job.
this interest will just force people who rather be homeless so they can build there charactor up,and explore the map to join a town is all . killing a part of the game, not everyone wants to be in a town with its downsides such as having to deal with other members and not being able to do what they want when they want.just as others wish to be in a town to have others around them and be able to do the "team" thing.
the interest is kinda one sided if it worked to advantage of all types of players i personaly would think more on it.

DeletedUser

The banks in towns should pay interest on the money you hold in them, the higher level the bank the more interest it pays. To make it reasonable maybe put it to about 1% per day on the minimum amount of money that has been in the bank that day.

For example:

A player starts the day with $400 in his bank.
He buys an item costing $100, leaving his bank with $300.
Later that day he puts in $70 from work done.

This would give the player $3 interest.

Higher sums of money would be profitable with this.

Might be simpler if you simply got a certain amount of interest at a certain server time each day related to whatever was in the account at that time, rounded to the nearest dollar (so really low amounts in the bank would get nothing).

One other thing I wonder: Once a bank hits it's limit, where does the interest go? Does it vanish into the ether? Does it go straight to your cash? Your town's treasury?

DeletedUser

How about the player has to collect the interest themselves everyday with a special button in the bank. This increases the activity of people as they all want their extra money and would encourage people to join towns. It wouldn't be a disadvantage to those who don't join a town because they don't have to donate to the treasury.

Sound fair?

DeletedUser

How about the player has to collect the interest themselves everyday with a special button in the bank. This increases the activity of people as they all want their extra money and would encourage people to join towns. It wouldn't be a disadvantage to those who don't join a town because they don't have to donate to the treasury.

Sound fair?

This thread's last post was 7 months ago! You digged it out of its grave, and by what it seems, the idea didn't got so popular.

DeletedUser12669

Cheers to the player getting extra money with each purchase! Jeers to the player losing money with each deposit or over a set amount of time. I play several MySpace Apps where they take out 10% of your money with each deposit you make. It's not that big of a deal on MySpace Apps, because jobs on there offer more money and experiece than those on The West. Furthermore, you can complete those jobs by simply clicking on the 'Do Job' button next to the job name.

yup same here you deposit cash in the bank they take 10% that sucks id really hate it if that happened on here lets face it respecing aint easy as it is you need every single $ you can get your hands on

DeletedUser

I don't know if this have been suggested, but i think would be better pay interest if you could deposit your money in a foreign bank and this interest go town's treasury. To deposit in a foreign bank that the amount be greater than or equal to $100. Interest be 5, 10 or 15%, i dont know, The one that suits them best.

DeletedUser21320

I don't know if this have been suggested, but i think would be better pay interest if you could deposit your money in a foreign bank and this interest go town's treasury. To deposit in a foreign bank that the amount be greater than or equal to $100. Interest be 5, 10 or 15%, i dont know, The one that suits them best.

You would have had to go to San Francisco, New Orleans, or New York to invest in a foreign bank. Or head to Mexico. That's a long walk.

DeletedUser21320

Or you can just go to your neighbors

My point was (and is) that in the real West, there was no such thing as "foreign investments" except for a privileged few in the big cities. Why simulate something that never was, just to give players who aren't using their money, even more money?

Status
Not open for further replies.