Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Added 26th Feb. No discussion.

..........aw criminy, I went and put my whole idea in the thread title! :huh:

Oh well.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

2/19 UPDATE to add the write-up:

To make bank deposits a schedulable task, here is the way I propose it would work.

1. You pull up your town interface, then the bank interface (just like now).

2. You enter amounts in either/both of the blanks (your own account and the town treasury).

3. You click a new button labeled "Schedule Deposit" (or something).
scheduledeposit.jpg

(I'm not an artist, and the above is just a feeble visual suggestion.)

4. A new job appears in your job queue, called "Bank Deposit" (or something). It includes the time it will take for you to walk/ride from the prior location to your town, just like praying or sleeping in the hotel does when you schedule one of those into your queue.
jobsqueuewithdeposit.jpg

(I'm not an artist, and the above is just another feeble visual suggestion.)

5. When that job occurs, you (automatically) walk to town and attempt to deposit the money. The depositing is handled in this order:
5a. The money is deposited into your account as you ordered, up to the capacity of your account. If, when you reach the bank and the scheduled deposit begins, you no longer have sufficient funds in pocket to deposit the amount you ordered into your account, then it will simply deposit what you do have, and that's the end of the job. If your account can no longer hold as much as you ordered deposited (note: this would be rare, but could occur under certain circumstances), then the amount deposited into your account is reduced accordingly and the surplus remains in your pocket.
5b. If any money remains in your pocket, it is deposited into the town treasury up to the amount you ordered deposited into it.
5c. Any surplus still remaining stays in your pocket.​

I think that should cover all possibilities with no unacceptable side effects.

Note: If someone duels you or you otherwise lose money between scheduling the job and the job occurring, the shortfall is taken from the town treasury deposit rather than from the deposit to your account. This is simply because working with your account is a 2-way street, while depositing into the town treasury is 1-way only. So you can always add more from your account into the treasury later, but not vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned before.

It's a good idea.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned before.

It's a good idea.

I did a search of all forums for "bank deposit schedule" and came up with 2 unrelated threads. So, I figured it could do with a new one.

DeletedUser

:D Good idea :D
In addition, buying/sellin
g items and depositing money to the treasury would be good as well (as well as anything else you need to be in a town for). I know this kind of get rid of the need for a sign post, but the number of times I have tried to deposit money ect. but been told 'To do this you need to visit your town'. Its sooo annoying!

Diggo11

Yes currently I pray in between jobs and hope I get back to The West tab within the 15 minutes. I really like this idea.

DeletedUser

Yes currently I pray in between jobs and hope I get back to The West tab within the 15 minutes. I really like this idea.

Why don't you put your character to sleep after a job so you'll have more time to deposit?

DeletedUser

Although this would be very convenient for adventurers and workers, this opposes the vulnerability needed by duelers to actually do their trade.

Even though it would benefit my playstyle, I oppose, because it also allows me to capture some loot every now and then. And we have to accept we are cattle for duelling people, they need to make a living too with their kick-ass dueling skills.

I oppose.

DeletedUser

VinWij, I've thought about the effect on the class-balance system, but I'm simply not experienced enough in the game yet to have a strong feel for the answer. I'll defer to those with more experience. All I can say is that it seems goofy to me to be able to cue up sleeping, but not depositing. Why one and not the other?

DeletedUser

I don't think it will affect the class balance at all. Nice idea and shouldn't be too hard to code. Would just be like a job but take no energy to do. Click 'Deposit" then choose amount to deposit and your character walks to town and deposits. Not really sure how needed it is though. You can just click to go to sleep in your hotel until you have time to get on and deposit but is an added benefit if you want to cue to deposit and then go do a job while away from the computer. Might benefit those with automation premium more than others because they have 4 slots to cue while others only have 2.

DeletedUser

Nice idea, and reasonably useful. 9 times out of 10 I'd schedule sleep rather than bank deposit, and make the bank deposit when I'm sleeping, but there are occasional times when it would be useful...

DeletedUser

I don't think it will affect the class balance at all. Nice idea and shouldn't be too hard to code. Would just be like a job but take no energy to do. Click 'Deposit" then choose amount to deposit and your character walks to town and deposits. Not really sure how needed it is though. You can just click to go to sleep in your hotel until you have time to get on and deposit but is an added benefit if you want to cue to deposit and then go do a job while away from the computer. Might benefit those with automation premium more than others because they have 4 slots to cue while others only have 2.

That's very true about automation, but that's the kind of quantitative edge which premium users should get, IMO. No additional items/skills/etc., just some added convenience in doing the same things everyone else can do. But even with only 2 jobs, if you're carrying a bunch of cash out in the field somewhere far from home and you just have a couple of minutes online, you could schedule a bank deposit and then another 2-hour job as your 2 tasks. It wouldn't be something you'd do constantly but there would be times it would be handy.

Diggo11

Yeah I'm slightly more experienced but I don't think it would unbalance. It just means people spend less time in the Hotel or Church to deposit money between jobs. Put it this way - it would benefit workers but not so much duellers, although it doesn't harm duellers either.

DeletedUser

If you schedule a bank deposit , that money would still be vulnerable to duelers or no?

DeletedUser

If you schedule a bank deposit , that money would still be vulnerable to duelers or no?

Nothing about the money changes, at all. The only change is that the money gets deposited immediately upon the char reaching town, instead of when the player gets back to the game to click click click.

It would slightly reduce the available "prey" for gamblers; they would have somewhat fewer idle chars available to rob (exact proportion is impossible to know in advance). If this factor is generally viewed as significant, perhaps an offset can be proposed; IMO it won't have much impact in that way. I could be wrong about that though.

Diggo11

If anything its better for duellers. When people wish to deposit money into their bank during jobs they usually schedule the hotel. When they arrive at their town they deposit the money and cancel the Hotel. So really it just means less time in Hotels and more time being venerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.